Dr. William Povolny, MD

Dr. William Povolny, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 59 years old

Dr. Povolny specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Reno, NV. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Povolny? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Povolny's Experience

See how Dr. Povolny's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Povolny

Dr. Povolny accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Povolny has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Povolny
Dr. Povolny's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
in Reno, NV |
Great Doc! Helped with my problems and always listened to me, even when I "groused." Knows his medicine backwards and forwards - never before had such a smart, funny doctor. Love him!
Reno, NV |
Dr. Povolny had been my primary doctor for a few years and he is an excellent diagnostician. Several other doctors couldn't figure out why I was having pain and Dr. Povolny was able to diagnose my problem and prescribe the medication and care I needed. I soon felt much better. He has been so compassionate with me and always took the time to carefully explain things. I never felt that I was rushed and he showed me that he cared. He is such a wonderful and caring doctor.
in Reno, NV |
Careful and thorough. Not one to run a battery of tests - unless he feels there's a need for them. Communicates well and is easy to talk with . . . and takes his time to make sure all questions are answered. All of his referrals were spot-on!
in Reno, NV |
Dr Povolny is the kind of doctor I like. He's straightforward, honest, no nonsense. If you need to make a lifestyle change to improve your health, he'll tell you. I know a lot of people these days just want a doctor that will write a prescription for the well-produced drug ads they see on TV, but I want one who's knowledgeable about medical issues and tells me how to improve my health, preferably without drugs.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Povolny has been the best doctor I ever had. Dr. Povolny has been my doctor for nearly 15 years and always provided excellent care. He has an incredible knowledge on medical issues and always listens to my medical issues. I am a very active person and doing sports is a big hobby of mine, and Dr. Povolny is truly exceptional when it comes to treating sport injuries. I like that he is direct and gives me clear and honest advise without sugar coating anything. He is a great doctor.
in Reno, NV |
I am currently a patient of Dr. Povolny and can't recommend him highly enough. I've found him to be open-minded and extremely knowledgeable -- he is quick to point out which methods have actual medical research behind them and which haven't been vetted by the scientific method. That's bad news for those wanting some holistic or 'alternative' medicine and great news for those of us who want to be treated with science. I recommend Dr. P to friends and co-workers all the time.
in Reno, NV |
Worst bedside manner I've ever experienced, and with my litany of health problems I'm pretty much a professional patient.
Have you seen Dr. William Povolny, MD?
Are you Dr. Povolny?

Compare Dr. Povolny

Dr. Povolny's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Povolny has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Povolny's Board Certifications

Dr. Povolny does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Povolny and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Oh State Univ Coll Of Med and Pub Hlth

Graduated in 1982

U Nev

Completed in 1983

U Nev

Completed in 1985

Dr. Povolny does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Povolny and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Povolny does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Povolny and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.