Dr. William Plaus, MD

Dr. William Plaus, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. William Plaus, MD is a general surgery specialist in Denver, CO and has been practicing for 38 years. He specializes in general surgery.

Rocky Mountain Surgical Associates

4545 E 9th Ave Ste 460

Denver, CO 80220

• Community Health Network
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Plaus

See how frequently Dr. Plaus performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Cancer

Dr. Plaus's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Plaus "I strive to ease patients' worries as they go through stressful times. My surgical practice is wide-ranging. I have a special interest in endocrine surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid surgery, and I have now operated on over 600 cases."

• General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Thyroid Cancer

• Endocrine Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery
  • Thoracic Surgical Procedure
  • Vasectomy

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Beth Israel Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

• 5280 Top Doctor, 2011
  • 5280 Top Doctor, 2010

Dr. Plaus has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Plaus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Plaus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Plaus' Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Plaus to family and friends

Dr. Plaus' Performance

Dr. Plaus is a poor example of a human and Doctor. I am a nurse whom he performed a botched surgury upon and he stated that because I am a nurse I understand "..I was just part of the industry of healthcare". Industry are you kidding me My life is not a machine nor is health CARE! My complication...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option2
Amazing surgeon, I'm going with the best in Denver. He is kind with his patients, and incredibly thorough with his work. I had a fairly large surgery and he did a wonderful job. Was also very pleased with such a long incision that I had to get, my scar looks incredible. Important for someone who...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1
I went to Dr. Plaus to remove a shoulder lipoma. The procedure was painless, his bedside manners impeccable and I was in and out of the office in 30 minutes. He has done thousands of surgeries and its great to know that his experience is probably second to none in Denver.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Plaus saw me in the office as an emergency. He quickly diagnosed that I had acute appendicitis. He admitted me to the hospital and did my surgery. His professionalism and bedside manner is outstanding. He and his staff exude a natural sense of compassion. Thank you Dr. Plaus for an outstanding...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1
Friendly, pleasant disposition, provides excellent movie reviews. Wasn't eager to have hernia repaired but overall excellent experience. Hope never to need his services again but would be pleased to refer others. Office staff is outstanding!
Are you Dr. Plaus?

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Plaus at Rocky Mountain Surgical Associates

Colon & Rectal Surgery Specialist