Dr. William Paterson, MD

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona PHCS
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Health
  • Banner Physician Hospital Organization (BPHO)
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)

Providing comprehensive orthopedic care of the highest quality to our community with exceptional compassion.Read more

Dr. Paterson's Experience

See how Dr. Paterson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Paterson

Dr. Paterson accepts 43 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Paterson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Paterson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Paterson to family and friends
Dr. Paterson's Performance
in Chandler, AZ |
After breaking my shoulder skiing, Dr. Paterson and his staff were extremely helpful working me in for an appointment, expediting a related CT scan and in thoroughly explaining my options. There was a 7 mm gap in the break - on the border of requiring surgery. Dr. Paterson called the evening he had the CT scan results, listened to my questions and ultimately helped me in deciding to forgo surgery. I am now able to do everything I did prior to the injury.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Willing to spend time with you to make sure all your questions have been answered. Not in a hurry to just suggest surgery, he suggested trying therapy first for a month, so far it is working, otherwise a reverse total replacement of the shoulder is on the menu. Thanks ,Dr. Paterson.
in Mesa, AZ |
Recently had a left shoulder rotator cuff repair. Everything went smoothly and recovery was better than expected.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Patterson has operated on both of my shoulders in the past 4 years. The results, as it relates to range of motion and strength, have been remarkable. I would highly recommend him. Thank you Dr Patterson!
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Paterson did my total shoulder replacement. The surgical site is the cleanest, straightest I have ever seen. There were no complications. I will be asking him to do the other shoulder when the time arrives.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Patterson was recommended to me by another orthopedic at Arizona Orthopedic as his specialty was shoulder issues. I had a full shoulder replacement in October, 2016 and I am very pleased with the care of Dr. Patterson and his staff. They are very professional and easy to communicate with. Dr. Patterson is very knowledgeable and explains all issues in detail.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I certainly WOULD recommend Dr. Peterson & his entire Team for folks seeking TSA. The entire process was 2-yrs in the planning. This intervention requires total patient commitments to trusting instruction, home & mind preparations for healing & recovery, as well as patience w/self-therapy routines & exercising vigilant caution. These theatres of concern were the most helpful discussions & explanations for me.
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
I had surgery on my shoulder in 2009 but not by Dr. Patterson. It started hurting in Oct 2015. I saw him in March 2016. He gave me an injection in my shoulder and recommended physical therapy. I have not had to deal with the pain thanks to Dr. Patterson. I wish I had known about him when I had the surgery. Great Doctor
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Excellent, Great Doctor very knowledgeable.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Paterson was extremely thorough and patient and he truly takes the time needed with his patients to make sure that everything is understood and I would highly recommend him to friends and family!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Total right shoulder replacement. Doctor knowledge and staff asst is wonderful. I had no questions as everything was explained completely so that I know what to expect. Followup is perfect also. You will be please when you select Dr Paterson for your surgery. This was my third ortho surgery within twelve months, two hips and shoulder. I feel like a new person thanks to these fine doctors.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Paterson is wonderful. Before my surgery he explained the procedure and the healing timeline. He and his staff have been thee for me if I needed questions answered. If I ever need shoulder or arm surgery again I would only want Dr. Paterson.
New York, NY |
Dr Paterson is outstanding in every way. I fell and had two rotator cuff tears, one a major full thickness tear. Dr. Paterson, very skillfully, performed the needed surgery and related treatment. In addition to being a highly skilled surgeon, Dr Paterson is a wonderful human being and treats you with utmost care and understanding.
Mesa, AZ |
Extremely competent. Therapist said my quick 7 week recovery from shoulder replacement was because of the ability of Dr. Paterson. Was fully informed about the procedure and recovery from Dr. Paterson. Very fortunate to have found him and Mezona OrthoArizona.
in Gold Canyon, AZ |
After stepping off a ladder and breaking my arm I had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Paterson. He treats each patient as an individual and never rushes you. My arm has healed well thanks to his care.
in Mesa, AZ |
I am pleased to say that Dr. William Paterson was my surgeon on Feb. 10 when I had to have a new shoulder because of the great pain that I had. I believe he did a super job and took great care to put me at ease. He, along with his Assistant, Irvin Bustos,, answered my many, many questions before and after surgery. His office staff is also very courteous. He was very patient with me, and he has a great bedside manner. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to my friends and relatives.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Very thorough and dedicated to your rapid healing... enjoyed the experience.
in Frankenmuth, Mlch 48734 |
Dr. Patterson was very thorough. He answered all questions and explain the procedure well. He was not pushy for a one alternative or another and let me make up my mind. Very satisfied with the experience and would highly recommend him for any orthopedic surgery.
in Gilbert, AZ |
We are glad we were referred to Dr. Paterson. He is very knowledgeable and efficient. We couldn't be more pleased with our experience with him and the staff of Mezona Orthopaedic.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Patterson is not only a good surgeon but he also paid a lot of attention to me, as a patient, and closely monitored my progress. I would recommend him as a surgeon and very caring of his patients.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Paterson is terrific. I suffered with arthritis in my shoulder for over ten years. It got to the point where I could barely use my arm. After he repaired my wife's rotator cuff, decided to talk to him about my shoulder. After xrays, he determined that I needed a total reverse shoulder replacement. He performed the surgery about twelve weeks ago and I am now pain free and have almost full range of motion back. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering shoulder surgery.
Have you seen Dr. William Paterson, MD?
Are you Dr. Paterson?

Compare Dr. Paterson

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Paterson at OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

Dr. Paterson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Paterson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Paterson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Paterson has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University Tennessee - Campbell Clinic
    Baylor University
    Davidson College

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Paterson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Paterson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment