Dr. William Parker, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Male • Age 70

Dr. Parker

UC San Diego Health - La Jolla 8910 Villa La Jolla Drive

8910 Villa La Jolla Dr La Jolla, CA 92037

Dr. William Parker, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in La Jolla, CA and has been practicing for 41 years. He graduated from SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine in 1974 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology and gynecologic surgery.

Dr. Parker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Parker

1.2578616352201257%

Dr. Parker?
Dr. Parker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Parker, MD
Dr. Parker made me feel comfortable with my surgery, he gave me choices and even had me visit with another specialist to see if a non-invasive procedure would be an option. He doesn't and push his patients, he supports them and his team supports you as well. Yes, the process to see him takes a bit of work but it's worth it. Totally worth it. I have been suffering with Fibroids for 2.5 years. My ex-gynecologists'was determined that the only way to fix me was with a hysterectomy, Dr. Parker assured me that something so drastic wasn't necessary and that he could help me...and he did. I am now 3 weeks after my surgery and feel better then I have in a long time. Dr. Parker and his team ensure that you have all the information you'll need before and after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is unique in performing myomectomies. Most GYN surgeons would rather do hysterectomies and haven't learned the skills necessary to dignify maintaining the integrity of a woman's sacred and sensitive female organs. Dr. Parker goes beyond the usual personally as well. He is very real, human, caring, and respectful. I had excruciating pain from a denerating fibroid for over a year. Now I am free from pain and healing more quickly than I imagined I would. I'm 4 weeks post-op and felt so good after just 3 days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
I carried around fibroids for 10 years that were taking over my body and now I realize my life. I thought I could live with them and shrink them naturally. Let me tell you, my experience from start to finish has been nothing but blissful. My uterus was the size of a watermelon after 6 weeks my uterus was back to normal size*** I was having difficulty breathing and shortness of breath with the watermelon size uterus that was pressing on my diaphragm. As soon as I opened my eyes after surgery I COULD BREATHE for the first time in years!!! I felt great! Who feels great after surgery??? Dr. Parker removed a whopping *****54 fibroids*****from my uterus!!!!!! Wait for it........... He removed the fibroids thru a ***bikini cut*** that you can't even see!!!!!! ON top of that, I haven't had any paid at all!!! I wouldn't even know I had surgery if it wasn't for the photographic evidence he gave me. If anyone has any additional questions please feel free to email me at mrs.jonesrn@gmail.com
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Dr Parker is hands down the most incredible surgeon & doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! He performed my laparoscopic myomectomy, after several other doctors said they could not perform it laparoscopically, just 4 weeks ago and I had the quickest and easiest recovery thanks to him! I drove to La Jolla from LA & would’ve driven or flown even further to have my surgery performed by Dr Parker. On top of being the most exceptional surgeon, he has the warmest, most compassionate bedside manner! He calmed all my nerves throughout the entire process and explained everything so thoroughly. He laid out all my options and why each would or wouldnt work. I left his office armed with so much information and knew instantly there was no other doctor I wanted to perform this. It was such a smooth surgery I was even able to have my husband drive me back to LA in 3 hours of traffic right after with the most minimal discomfort. I am so lucky to have been referred to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker was excellent. The day I met him, I immediately knew he was the right person to perform my abdominal myomectomy. I found him to have outstanding expertise in the field of fibroids and women's reproductive health. He understands the quality of life implications as well as the medical implications of fibroids and their associated issues. Further, he has a remarkable bedside manner, which is rare for a doctor with his level of skill. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is the best. He is knowledgeable and he spends a lot of time explaining every single detail of the procedure. He always replies to emails. He cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Dr.Parker is the most gifted surgeon when it comes to removing Fibroids . I am beyond grateful to have found him and to have him as my surgeon to remove my Fibroids. After having a failed UFE procedure that only worsened my problem I came across Dr.Parkers website and started having hope again. At my first visit with Dr. Parker my worries were put at ease. We went over my MRI extensively and he answered all of my questions and said he can remove my fibroids laparoscopically. Dr. Parker removed several large fibroids the biggest being over 9 cm. I had a bit of pain for about 2 days and then immediately started feeling better each day. I have more energy, my bulging stomach has gone down, my scars are tiny and are healing very nicely. I highly recommend him as he is so gifted and is also a very warm and personable doctor. Thanks to Dr.Parker I can now move forward without having to worry about fibroids.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Maria A.C. (Lima Peru/ Pasadena CA) Just twentytwo days after my laparoscopic myomectomy (March 6th 2019 )with Dr. Bill Parker, I feel strong and recovered and am feeling grateful and blessed to have had the best doctor and his wonderful team give me back comfort and feeling healthy again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is one of the finest surgeons I have ever met. He recently performed a laparoscopic myomectomy for a 6 cm adenomyoma. Two and a half weeks out I am back to my regular routine and feeling fantastic. Having the tumor removed was a major life priority. Seeing Dr. Parker was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I wish I had made that decision much earlier. I cannot overemphasize the critical position Dr. Parker occupies in the treatment of uterine tumors (fibroids and adenomyoma).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is not only extremely knowledgeable, but he is kind and professional. He is an extraordinary physician and his staff provided me with the best care. I could not have asked for a better outcome and Dr. Parker went beyond my expectations in regards to care. He is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors that I have ever met, and I am blessed to have had him as my doctor. I am forever grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Parker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Parker?

Dr. Parker is faculty and Clinical Professor of the Department of Reproductive Medicine at UC San Diego School of Medicine.  Dr. Parker is considered in the forefront of surgery for uterine fibroids and in the field of minimally invasive surgery...

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Best Doctors in America, 1997-2017

Memberships & Affiliations

• AAGL - Minimally Invasive Gynecology - member and Past President, President

Dr. Parker accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Parker's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Parker's Top Procedures and Conditions

Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic

Dr. Parker performs Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Parker performs this procedure more than 75% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• da Vinci® Myomectomy