Dr. William Parker, MD

Dr. William Parker, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Dr. Parker is full-time faculty and Clinical Professor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and is Director of Minimally-Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica.  Dr. Parker is considered in the forefront of surgery for uterine fibroids and in the field of minimally invasive surgery, and his clinical and academic achievements have garnered international recognition. His areas of expertise and research, including over 60 scientific publications, relate to uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, ovarian preservation and minimally invasive surgery. The advanced gynecologic procedures he performs include Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Abdominal Myomectomy for very large fibroids, Hysteroscopic Myomectomy for bleeding or infertility, Laparoscopic Supracervical or total Hysterectomy, and all forms of Laparoscopic Ovarian Surgery.

Dr. William H. Parker is past-president of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists and has an international reputation in minimally invasive surgery. He is well-published in the areas of fibroid treatment, laparoscopic surgery for fibroids and ovarian masses, ovarian conservation at the time of hysterectomy and avoiding complications at surgery using aviation safety and cognitive science principles. He is a frequent lecturer on these topics and has been on the Editorial Board and an Editor of the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. Since 1995, Dr. Parker has been teaching laparoscopic surgery to the fellows in the Harbor-UCLA program. Dr. Parker is a former Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and then at Saint John's Health Center and has served on the Executive Medical Committees of both hospitals. Dr. Parker and his wife Rachel are the authors of "A Gynecologist's Second Opinion", a women's healthcare book. Dr. Parker completed his residency at UC San Diego. Dr. Parker comes to UCLA with over 25 years of experience in a successful private practice of gynecologic specialties and surgery in Santa Monica. He brings his individual expertise in addition to being skilled in minimally invasive surgical approaches, hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery, as well as traditional open abdominal surgery.

Dr. Parker's Experience

See how Dr. Parker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parker

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Parker has admitting privileges.

Dr. Parker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parker to family and friends
    Dr. Parker's Performance
    in Thousand Oaks, CA |
    When I had my consult with Dr. Parker he was very patient in answering all my questions and thorough in showing me my MRI and my options for shrinking the fibroid and surgery. I had a hard time finding an obgyn surgeon who was able to remove my two pound fibroid laparoscopically so was so happy that he could. My surgery ended up taking five hours rather than the estimated two and a half but all went well. Dr. Parker is skilled and very personable. He is the best!
    in Tustin, CA |
    Dr. Parker performed Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy on me two weeks ago. The surgery removed my 22-week size uterus successfully through 3 small cuts. I didn't need to use any pain medicine since I was discharged from surgery center. I give all the credit to Dr. Parker's meticulous and excellent surgical skills for my speedy recovery. On top of Dr. Parker's expertise on minimum invasive surgery he is also a very caring and gentle doctor, the best doctor that I've ever met!
    in Columbus, OH |
    Dr. Parker removed 44 fibroids, consisting of 3 different types, in March of 2017. Choosing to have a myomectomy instead of a hysterectomy was the best decision I've ever made! Dr. Parker is truly an expert in his field. He is a caring and personable person, and his staff is professional and efficient. Making the trip from Ohio was well worth it. I would recommend him to my closest family and friends. This surgery has restored my quality of life.
    in San Diego, CA |
    Dr. Parker has a special gift as a fibroid surgeon and he is an extraordinary human being! He have provided exceptional care for me before and after my recent abdominal myomectomy in March 2017. I felt extremely at ease with Dr. Parker on my side pre & post-operation. The personal attention and kindness shown by Dr. Parker and his staff helped me overcome my fears about surgery. Dr. Parker is no doubt one of the best fibroid surgeon in the US!
    in Upland, CA |
    I contacted Dr. Parker's office after my own gyno insisted that a hysterectomy was the only option for my 12 cm fibroid. Dr. Parker carefully explained the five options available to me In my first sessiion , setting the tone for my experience throughout: positive, friendly, patient, thoughtful, caring. I felt fab immediately after the op, and I was able to walk as soon as I was released. I am close to 100% normal 2 weeks after the op. I feel invincible and liberated. dr Parker made that possible
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I had an amazing experience. I had 15 fibroids removed through his minimally invasive procedure. I walked out of the hospital, was back to my full-time desk job within a few days, and teaching my fitness classes within 3 weeks. Overall, I was very pleased with my results. I think that Dr. Parker is a wonderful physician, and I thanked him, profusely. His bedside manner is top notch. I appreciate the care and attention before and after my surgery. The quality of my life has forever changed!
    Los Angeles, CA |
    A few years ago, I learned that I had several fibroids during a regular ob/gyn appointment. I hoped that the fibroids would eventually stop growing, but the fibroids continued to cause great discomfort and a negative impact on my quality of life. My regular ob/gyn recommended fibroid removal and she referred me to Dr. Parker as he is the expert on fibroid removal on the West Coast. This was my first major surgery and I was very
    Los Angeles, CA |
    Two years ago, after suffering debilitating pain and heavy bleeding, I found out I had a fibroid in the middle of my uterus. I saw a surgeon that performed a myomectomy to remove the fibroid, but he was unable to remove the whole thing. As a result the fibroid and symptoms came back just months later. I scheduled another myomectomy with the same surgeon and again, he was unable to remove the whole thing. About a year later (and months of pain), I found Dr. Parker and was thrilled to meet with
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    This is a divinely inspired professional who cares about women. He's dedicated and kind. Spends time with you, explains everything in detail and responds to your questions and concerns. He saved my reproductive organs even though at 52 and two children they are only place holders now.. the surgery was very supportive, nothing to report except I am free at last of that vampire fibroid! After care was loving. His staff very kind. You must see this doctor if you have a fibroid.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    I didn't even know that I had a fibroid until I got pregnant with my first child and it grew to 7in diameter from the pregnancy hormones. Unfortunately I lost my baby from pre-eclampsia when I was 27 weeks pre-natal. I was left with a fibroid that was big enough for strangers to continually ask me when I was due. This was troubling from what I had experienced so I started researching and found Dr. Parker online and was grateful that he was a specialist and that he was in my vicinity. Even though
    Santa Clara, CA |
    Wonderful experience w/ a highly skilled and personable doctor. I had a dermoid cyst, so it's a theoretically simple surgery that most doctors could do, but because of previous surgeries/complications, the surgeon has to be extremely careful to preserve ovarian tissue when removing the cyst. But none of the several surgeons I saw would give me more than a probable good outcome with open surgery. Dr. Parker assured us with his spotless track record and did it laparoscopically. It was successful!!
    in San Antonio, TX |
    Dr. Parker was my sixth opinion. Dr Parker emailed me the images of the fibroid in the endometrial cavity and answered my questions. Towards the end of the conversation I requested him for the next consultation which was basically for the surgery (hysteroscopic myomectomy using a resectoscope). My surgery was scheduled and the surgery was done. My recovery was quick. Six hours after the surgery my bleeding and pain stopped. Dr Parker is doctor who truly takes care of his patients.
    in Laguna Niguel, CA |
    Dr. Parker is hands down one of the he best Dr’s I have seen. I went to several gynecologist in Orange County that assured me I needed a hysterectomy to remove my 15cm fibroid. I was not going to accept that for an answer and searched the internet for a Dr. that specialized in fibroids. I found Dr. Parker and was very impressed with him at my consultation. He was very knowledgeable and confident in explaining the procedure and aftercare. I scheduled my surgery but started hemorrhaging prior to
    San Jose, CA |
    He performed myoectomy and endometrial ablation about 20 yrs ago. Before I saw him, two doctors had recommended hysterectomy. He was a godsend. I had very light periods due to endometrial ablation and I didn't suffer from hormonal changes that others experienced. Truly gifted and a boon to women.
    in Victora, B.C. Canada |
    Dr. Parker is nothing short of brilliant and a true credit to his profession. During our consultation it was very clear that he was not only extremely knowledgeable but he was kind, considerate and happy to answer all my questions. I also found his website and educational videos most helpful. One of my Fibroids was 15 cm x 12cm which was causing unpleasant symptoms to say the least. Three and a half weeks after laparoscopic surgery I already feel better than I have in far too long! Thank You!
    in San Francisco, CA |
    I cannot express the amount of gratitude I have for Dr. Parker. I feel energy, my periods have gotten much better, and I cannot wait to try having kids later this year. I was a step away from making the biggest mistake of my life and going with the wrong surgeon. Dr. Parker is simply a gift to women suffering with this terrible ailment. Thank you, Dr. Parker for your immense understanding, caring, and undeniable skills.
    Palos Verdes, CA |
    Dr. Parker is the best of the best at treating uterine fibroids while sparing the uterus. My experience with him and his staff was very positive and supportive during the especially vulnerable time of selecting a treatment option. Ultimately there are many options, if however you decide to go with Dr. Parker and his team you will find yourself in extremely good hands.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Simply the best. I went through two other surgeons who recommended a hysterectomy. Dr. Parker performed an abdominal myomectomy on me two weeks ago and I am on the road to a full recovery. He is truly gifted at what he does. I spent three nights in the hospital and Dr. Parker visited every morning and called every night. I cannot recommend him enough. I had enormous anxiety about the procedure and he took time out to answer all my questions. He is amazing. Thank you Dr!
    in North Hollywood, CA |
    Dr. Parker is a remarkable doctor! When you go to his office he is always on time for your appointment, answers all your questions and concerns and provides as much information to you as possible to make you feel comfortable. Dr. Parker during surgery takes his time and takes the extra step to make sure your outcome and recovery is as good as possible. It is rare to find a doctor that clinically is the best in his field but also has great bed side manner. I am so lucky to have been treated by D
    in Seattle, WA |
    Dr. Parker is an exceptionally talented and caring doctor. If you would like to share your journey with a top notch doctor who will gain your trust by talking facts, educating you. being caring and kind, Dr. Parker should be on top of your list.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr Parker, himself, is wonderful. He is knowledgeable and kind. He answered all my questions and educated me on all the available options. He didn't seemed rushed and spent a lot of time with me, he also made himself available if I thought of any questions after leaving the office. My surgery went extremely well and Dr Parker was able to remove all my fibroids, while keeping my uterus intact, with a minimally invasive surgery. I am healing well and very happy with my experience.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    My gratitude towards Dr Parker is hard to put into words. Dr Parker is the kindest, most professional, most talented doctor I have had the pleasure to find. I can not say about Dr Parker and his team both in the office and especially in surgery. You do not have to live in pain. Dr Parker will take the time to explain all of your options and you will be so happy to have him on your side.
    Compton, CA |
    I was seen by Dr. Parker from April 2014 until July 2015, when I had my fibroids removed. From start to finish, not only was Dr. Parker thoughtful and sentimental to the struggle it was to live with fibroids, he took the time to speak with me and my mother, via speakerphone, to explain what my surgical options were, the details of the surgery, as well as the length of time to heal/ what to expect. I almost get tearful thinking about how pleasant the process was with him, despite my fears.
    in Cleveland, OH |
    I had a life changing experience thanks to Dr. Parker 4 months ago - removal of 16 fibroids. My energy is great and there were no complications. Fibroid removal is difficult specialty surgery that few surgeons can perform so the best they can do is to take out everything (hysterectomy). Dr. Parker believes in returning a patient to her previous healthy state, leaving her girl parts in tact and has performed fibroid-only removal for decades. Words cannot explain how grateful and lucky I feel.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Parker gave me my life back. If you're sitting there reading a bunch of patient reviews, scared about the news that you need surgery, know that you are not alone. Being a physician myself, I used all of the tools at my discretion to find the right gynecologist for me. Thankfully, I found Dr. Parker. He's a rare gem of a physician. Run (don't walk) to go see him! Due to his exemplary level of expertise, he can offer what others can't. I had complete confidence in him going into surgery.
    in Torrance, CA |
    Dr William Parker is making a difference in women's lives. He is a gifted surgeon. I had problems with fibroids and the only option my GYN gave me was a hysterectomy. I reluctantly scheduled my hysterectomy thinking I had no other choice. I am blessed to find Dr Parker. After consulting with him, I cancelled my surgery with my prev GYN. I am so glad I did because I still have my uterus intact. Had my abdominal myomectomy 2/29/16 and on my way to recovery. Ladies, you have other options..
    I feel like my perspective on fibroids and surgeons are different than most and that is why I want to share my experience with other women regarding Dr Parker. I sell a medication for Fibroids and I know most of the leading physicians in this field. I have actually been trained and seen and touched the equipment they use during surgery. Obviously I have a very informed perspective and I know the reputation and skill sets of the surgeons in this field. I had a previous consultation with another
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Parker is an excellent physician! Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and an expert in his field, he is extremely kind an compassionate! I would recommend him to anyone and I am so thankful that he was willing to treat me when other surgeons were not. Thank you, Dr. Parker!!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I am incredibly grateful I found Dr Parker. He performed my recent myomectomy and what would have been considered difficult for some, seemed routine for him. He was confident, kept me well informed and managed his staff in a way that made me feel extremely well supported. Currently I am recovering faster than expected and I attribute that solely to Dr. Parker's high level skill and care.
    in Palmdale, CA |
    My experience with Dr. Parker was the best I have ever had with a physician! He was knowledgeable and very thorough in his approach. From the moment I entered his office I felt at ease and well cared for. I have already recommended him to a friend and I hope that her experience will be as wonderful as my experience was.
    Have you seen Dr. William Parker, MD?
    Are you Dr. Parker?

Dr. Parker's Care Philosophy

Dr. Parker says...

Dr. Parker is full-time faculty and Clinical Professor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the UCLA School of Medicine and is Director of Minimally-Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica.  He has been performing and teaching all the available gynecological surgical techniques, with a specialized focus on laparoscopy, since 1987. Dr. Parker is considered in the forefront of surgery for uterine fibroids and in the field of minimally invasive surgery, and his clinical and academic achievements have garnered international recognition. His areas of expertise and research, including over 70 scientific publications, relate to uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, ovarian preservation and minimally invasive surgery.

Dr. Parker says...

Dr. Parker is full-time faculty and Clinical Professor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the UCLA School of Medicine and is Director of Minimally-Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center.  He has been performing and teaching all the available gynecological surgical techniques, with a specialized focus on laparoscopy, since 1987. The advanced gynecologic procedures he performs include Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Abdominal Myomectomy for very large fibroids, Hysteroscopic Myomectomy for bleeding or infertility, Laparoscopic Supracervical or total Hysterectomy, and all forms of Laparoscopic Ovarian Surgery.

Dr. Parker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Parker's Board Certifications