Dr. William H. Parker, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Parker's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Parker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parker

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Parker has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Parker

Dr. Parker's Review Details
5 based on 100 responses
Experience with Dr. Parker
Dr. Parker's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (86)
in Seattle, WA |
Dr. Parker is an exceptionally talented and caring doctor. If you would like to share your journey with a top notch doctor who will gain your trust by talking facts, educating you. being caring and kind, Dr. Parker should be on top of your list.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Parker, himself, is wonderful. He is knowledgeable and kind. He answered all my questions and educated me on all the available options. He didn't seemed rushed and spent a lot of time with me, he also made himself available if I thought of any questions after leaving the office. My surgery went extremely well and Dr Parker was able to remove all my fibroids, while keeping my uterus intact, with a minimally invasive surgery. I am healing well and very happy with my experience.
in Los Angeles, CA |
My gratitude towards Dr Parker is hard to put into words. Dr Parker is the kindest, most professional, most talented doctor I have had the pleasure to find. I can not say about Dr Parker and his team both in the office and especially in surgery. You do not have to live in pain. Dr Parker will take the time to explain all of your options and you will be so happy to have him on your side.
in San Francisco, CA |
I cannot express the amount of gratitude I have for Dr. Parker. Dr. Parker is simply a gift to women suffering with this terrible ailment and I urge you to talk to him first before wasting your time and nerves meeting with doctors who do nothing except terrify women into thinking there are no options. Thank you, Dr. Parker for your immense understanding, caring, and undeniable skills.
Compton, CA |
I was seen by Dr. Parker from April 2014 until July 2015, when I had my fibroids removed. From start to finish, not only was Dr. Parker thoughtful and sentimental to the struggle it was to live with fibroids, he took the time to speak with me and my mother, via speakerphone, to explain what my surgical options were, the details of the surgery, as well as the length of time to heal/ what to expect. I almost get tearful thinking about how pleasant the process was with him, despite my fears.
in Cleveland, OH |
I had a life changing experience thanks to Dr. Parker 4 months ago - removal of 16 fibroids. My energy is great and there were no complications. Fibroid removal is difficult specialty surgery that few surgeons can perform so the best they can do is to take out everything (hysterectomy). Dr. Parker believes in returning a patient to her previous healthy state, leaving her girl parts in tact and has performed fibroid-only removal for decades. Words cannot explain how grateful and lucky I feel.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Parker gave me my life back. If you're sitting there reading a bunch of patient reviews, scared about the news that you need surgery, know that you are not alone. Being a physician myself, I used all of the tools at my discretion to find the right gynecologist for me. Thankfully, I found Dr. Parker. He's a rare gem of a physician. Run (don't walk) to go see him! Due to his exemplary level of expertise, he can offer what others can't. I had complete confidence in him going into surgery.
in Torrance, CA |
Dr William Parker is making a difference in women's lives. He is a gifted surgeon. I had problems with fibroids and the only option my GYN gave me was a hysterectomy. I reluctantly scheduled my hysterectomy thinking I had no other choice. I am blessed to find Dr Parker. After consulting with him, I cancelled my surgery with my prev GYN. I am so glad I did because I still have my uterus intact. Had my abdominal myomectomy 2/29/16 and on my way to recovery. Ladies, you have other options..
I feel like my perspective on fibroids and surgeons are different than most and that is why I want to share my experience with other women regarding Dr Parker. I sell a medication for Fibroids and I know most of the leading physicians in this field. I have actually been trained and seen and touched the equipment they use during surgery. Obviously I have a very informed perspective and I know the reputation and skill sets of the surgeons in this field. I had a previous consultation with another
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Parker is an excellent physician! Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and an expert in his field, he is extremely kind an compassionate! I would recommend him to anyone and I am so thankful that he was willing to treat me when other surgeons were not. Thank you, Dr. Parker!!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I am incredibly grateful I found Dr Parker. He performed my recent myomectomy and what would have been considered difficult for some, seemed routine for him. He was confident, kept me well informed and managed his staff in a way that made me feel extremely well supported. Currently I am recovering faster than expected and I attribute that solely to Dr. Parker's high level skill and care.
in Palmdale, CA |
My experience with Dr. Parker was the best I have ever had with a physician! He was knowledgeable and very thorough in his approach. From the moment I entered his office I felt at ease and well cared for. I have already recommended him to a friend and I hope that her experience will be as wonderful as my experience was.
Have you seen Dr. William H. Parker, MD?
Are you Dr. William H. Parker, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Parker

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Parker at Santa Monica UCLA Gyn Subspecialties Group, Santa Monica, CA

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Laparoscopic Myomectomy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Ovarian Cystectomy

No malpractice history found for California.

Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine

University Calif Med Center

Completed in 1978

Rutgers University

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Parker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Parker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Parker

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Parker's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Parker

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Parker's Care Philosophy

Dr. Parker is full-time faculty and Clinical Professor of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the UCLA School of Medicine and practices Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center.  He has been performing and teaching all the available gynecological surgical techniques, with a specialized focus on laparoscopy, since 1987. Dr. Parker is considered in the forefront of surgery for uterine fibroids and in the field of minimally invasive surgery, and his clinical and academic achievements have garnered international recognition. His areas of expertise and research, including over 60 scientific publications, relate to uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, ovarian preservation and minimally invasive surgery. The advanced gynecologic procedures he performs include Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Abdominal Myomectomy for very large fibroids, Hysteroscopic Myomectomy for bleeding or infertility, Laparoscopic Supracervical or total Hysterectomy, and all forms of Laparoscopic Ovarian Surgery.