Dr. William L. O'Neill, MD

Dr. William L. O'Neill, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Bluegrass Orthopaedics 3480 Yorkshire Medical Park, Lexington, KY 40509 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. O'Neill specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery and practices in Lexington, KY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. O'Neill? Add your own statement here.

Dr. O'Neill's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. O'Neill's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. O'Neill

Dr. O'Neill accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. O'Neill has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. O'Neill's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Neill to family and friends
4.1
Experience with Dr. O'Neill
Dr. O'Neill's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (23)
Lexington, KY |
Explains everything well. Compassionate and understanding. Seems concerned for his patients' welfare.
Lexington, KY |
Dr. O'Neill communicates well and always shows concern for the welfare of his patients. He possesses both skill and integrity. Highly recommend.
in Somerset, KY |
I started seeing Dr O'Neill and his staff in Jan 2016 for a hand condition Dupuytren's contracture. My initial visit was to schedule surgery. He explained to me that there was another option, Xiaflex injections. He explained the procedure and the success rate. His assistant, Deana Price started the process with my insurance. After 14 visits and 8 procedures, my hands are fully functional! I was in the exam room at my scheduled times. I have and will continue to recommend him. Thank You Dr WLO!
in Hazard, KY |
I would have to rate Dr. O'Neill as excellent. Not only is he competent, but very knowledgable. He did carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand in 2009 and I have had NO residual numbness. I started having pain in my thumb joints in November, 2015 and the pain remained constant. I saw Dr. O'Neill in May, 2016. He recommended injections and advised they may be painful. I had them in both thumbs and by the next day, I have no pain in my thumbs joints! I am extremely satisfied!
Lacks compassion, empathy & ability to communicate. Subpar clinical skills. Arrogant, rude, defensive, deceptive and seems to be motivated strictly by making money. Find another doctor if at all possible.
Lexington, KY |
Dr O'Neill has performed hand surgery on me. I am so pleased with the results. All my questions were answered, alternatives discussed. I have recommended friends and family to him, and they recommend him to their friends and family. One of the true treasures of the Lexington medical community!
Lexington, KY |
So glad I went to Dr O'Neill for my hand surgery. I could not be more pleased. No one wants to have surgery, but when you have to, it's so great to have all your questions answered and have great results!
in Lexington, KY |
Outstanding surgeon!!! I have been a patient of and worked with Dr. O'Neill's patients as a therapist in an independent practice for over 15 years and can tell you that he is one of the very best. I have also referred many patients, friends and family members to him, including my own spouse and children. I can assure you that you will receive the highest quality of care.
in Georgetown, KY |
Dr. O'Neill is a great surgeon. He always takes the time to listen, is compassionate and goes the extra mile to make sure the patient is taken care of. He is easy to talk to and thorough. I never feel rushed during my appointments. His staff is great too - friendly and caring. I highly recommend Dr. O'Neill and this facility.
in Lexington, KY |
Dr. O'Neill has preformed CMC arthroplasties on both of my thumb joints. I am completely satisfied with the results and frequently recommend him to friends, co-workers and family.
Excellent surgeon. Outstanding technical skills. Kind and compassionate.
Lexington, KY |
Dr O'Neill treated me for a dog bite. He was very kind & explained everything thoroughly. He answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Top notch care!
Dr ONeill operated on my thumb after a traumatic injury at the end of last year. I was worried that I would lose some function which would impair my performance necessary for my occupation. I have been 100% pleased with every aspect of the care I received from Dr ONeill. My surgery was completely successful. I have full use of my thumb. Dr ONeill treated me with respect. He knew I was experiencing pain and he was most kind and caring. I highly recommend this surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. William L. O'Neill, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Neill?

• Compound Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Skin Grafts
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

St Louis Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1987

Baylor Coll
    U South Fla
    Baylor Coll
    Christine M Kleinert Inst Hand/Microsurg

Dr. O'Neill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Neill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Neill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. O'Neill's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. O'Neill

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. O'Neill's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. O'Neill

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients