Dr. William Nordt, MD

Dr. William Nordt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. William Nordt, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in North Chesterfield, VA. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

OrthoVirginia

1115 Boulders Pkwy Ste 100

North Chesterfield, VA 23225

Learn about Dr. Nordt

See how frequently Dr. Nordt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Sprain
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Nordt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Revision of Shoulder or Elbow Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1983

Dr. Nordt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nordt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nordt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Retreat Doctors' Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Nordt is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Nordt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nordt to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Nordt's Performance
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Nordt did orthoscopic on both my knees about 15 years ago and it worked well. When it was time to replace my right knee, I chose him for the procedure. Immediately after surgery, I felt like there was a rope tied around my leg right above the knee. It has diminished but after 2.5 years is still there. I cannot sit in a chair with my right ankle crossed over my left leg; that makes my right knee feel like someone is driving a nail into it. Leg tension has caused back issues too. Avoid him
in Richmond, VA |
I had knee replacement surgery on May 30,2017 performed by Dr. Nordt. I coudn't be more pleased with the result. He came highly recommended by my cardiologist and a neighbor whose mother used him.
Paul - Thank you for sharing your story and leaving a kind message! Best, Sarah
in Chesterfield, Va |
Dr.Nordt is GREAT..I had surgery 19 years ago on my right knee,it was only supposed to have lasted ten years,before having a total knee replacement, but it lasted 19yrs. In 2016 I had a total replacement,on both knees,at the same time...Dr.Nordt didn't want to do both,but I was persistent, and it all worked out WONDERFUL.I can't run in a marathon YET,but I am on my way, THANKS DR.NORDT.,YOU ARE GREAT
Angela - Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a kind message. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Nordt replaced both of my knees. He was very thorough and explained exactly what I should expect. As another patient said, I cannot imagine having another Ortho surgeon as both he and his staff are fantastic. Have and will continue to recommend Dr. Nordt.
Thank you for sharing your story, Bonnie! We wish you the very best in your future. Warm regards, Sarah
in VA |
ACL reconstructive surgery and Meniscus repair. Dr. Nordt took his time with me and answered ever questions I had. Believe me, there were A LOT. I am up and back competing again in dog agility. I can't thank Dr. Nordt and all the staff at Ortho Va. for all their help.
Carol - Thank you so much for the amazing words you left! I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Chester, VA |
I have had multiple knee surgeries (reconstructions and menicus repairs) and a torn rotator cuff, labrum and bone spur repair surgery performed by Dr. Nordt and I cannot imagine EVER having another ortho surgeon! The time he takes to fully explain and make sure the patient understands everything he is recommending and why he is recommending it exceeds any explanation I've ever had before. If you're searching for the BEST ortho surgeon in the Richmond area, look no further...he's right here!
in Richmond |
Great Doctor. Listens to your issues and treats you as an individual and not just a number. I've had two surgeries by him and would recommend him 100%
in New Kent, VA |
Have had two rotator cuff surgeries done by Dr Nordt, and though a painful surgery and rehab I would never consider any other Dr for future problems. My husband also had rotator repair and we both think he is the greatest as well as his PA and personal staff. Have had some long waits in the past but never minded since we are getting GREAT care. My husband and I are retired seniors and we highly recommend Dr Nordt.
in Glen Allen, Va |
I waited 2+ hours before seeing him. He took xrays and toldme I needed a knee replacement. Then he went on to look at my records and said I didn't need the medicine I was taking. He said he wouldn't give me any pain meds other than what I was on. He said I would be in intractable pain. So he said I was between a rock and a hard place. I tried to explain something to him and he interrupted and said only to talk about my knee. It was related to what I was talking about. I won't go back.
in King George, VA |
Dr Nordt and his staff take time to explain everything. I had a total knee replacement. As a retired RN and a bit of a wimp, I can be demanding of my care givers. Dr Nordt, his staff and the hospital nurses and PT were truly great!
in Richmond, VA |
After blowing out my right ACL in December 2013, Dr Nordt performed surgery February 7th 2014. At age 57 I was religious about my post surgery rehab through Henrico Sports Medicine, and 6 months later began playing hockey again. Two years later I have a stable pain free knee, and played two back to back games last night. I still wear my brace during the games, simply for support from a lateral impact. If my success is a common outcome, I highly recommend Dr Nordt for an ACL repair.
in West Point, VA |
My Name is Kurt Ludwig jr I am 58 years old, Dr Nordt gave me a total Knee replacement October 6th 2015 , The process from my first visit to the last , was The BEST I could ask for, Dr Nordt was very very professional along with his staff, And everybody at the Hospital, I have had several surgery's in the past on my knees, And this was hands down the Best, It has change my life style and my everyday living, For me and everyone I can share this experience with, Dr Nordt is the BEST,
in Glen Allen, VA |
Dr. Nordt has a very efficient practice. My xrays were taken during my visit and were read by Dr. Nordt less than 5 minutes later. He carefully reviewed his findings with me in a very clear manner. Outstanding. Dr. Nordt has excellent communication skills. I was very impressed. A true professional. This was perhaps the best experience I've ever had with respect to an office visit. The staff at the front desk were equally professional and courteous. Highly recommended.
in Mechanicsville, VA |
I had both of my knees replaced, two years apart, 2013 and 2015. Both surgeries were done by Dr. Nordt. I wouldn't go to anyone else. Before the surgeries, I saw him for cortisone shots, and when they didn't work anymore, we tried a round of Hyaluronic acid injections. He is smart and kind, and a talented surgeon. His PA and RN are tremendous people and professionals as well. Together, I call them Team Awesome.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Nordt is one of the finest surgeons our family has used. Over the past 8 years, he has operated on my husband and myself numerous times. Each surgery was always the last resort, not the first as many surgeons recommend. We have total confidence in Dr. Nordt's skills as a surgeon and the pre and post care given by this doctor are beyond what most surgical patients experience. This man is caring and compassionate as well as empathetic with his patients. We think he is the best!
Have you seen Dr. William Nordt, MD?

Visit Dr. Nordt