Dr. William Mitchell, MD

Internal Medicine •  Male • Age 60

Telehealth services available

Dr. William Mitchell, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Roanoke, VA and has been practicing for 33 years. He specializes in internal medicine.

LewisGale Physicians

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell?
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Mitchell, MD
It's a pleasant experience with Dr. Mitchell having your medical needs taken care of. Very friendly, personable and such a thorough physician. I appreciate him allowing me to be one of his patients. Very confident in his care of me.
Claudia (Sissy) Clingenpeel – May 21, 2020
Thank you for your kind words. We love and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
I don't think there could be a better doctor than Craig Mitchell. I have complete confidence in his skills and recommendations. He thoroughly answers my questions and is very attentive to my unique needs. I've also been more than satisfied with his nurses, PA and office staff.
May 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
I am very pleased with the services provided by Dr. Mitchell and staff.
Sílvia – Apr 28, 2020
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate our...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Dr. Mitchell exemplifies true dedication to his patients. He is the most comprehensive internist and is up to date in the medical literature. He is "that doctor" who has dedicated his life to taking care of his patients. I feel at home with his practice and the staff are so kind and efficient.
Lisa W. – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Dr. Mitchell is extremely knowledgeable and so compassionate. He has worked diligently to improve my health and for that I am thankful. He takes the time to listen to my concerns and works to find the right treatment for my situations. I cannot imagine going to any other doctor. His nurses and office staff are always professional, helpful, and caring. The perfect scenario for my healthcare.
Kathleen Bonham – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
I’ve been Doctor Mitchell’s patient for two decades. I am one of many Other health care doctors and nurses who have chosen him as our family physician. He is outstanding! He was number one in his medical school class. That says a lot. His reputation among his fellow physicians is superb. I have complete confidence in his clinical expertise and consider it my good fortune to have such a wonderful and skilled doctor looking after my personal health care needs.
Dr Charles Houghton – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
As always, Dr Mitchell is professional, thorough, intuitive and caring. Dr. Mitchell manages to take complex information and crystallize it into a layman’s level response. Quick with solid assessments and solutions. Always interested in the “whole” person relative to lifestyle, seeking subtle “outside” factors that may influence my health. A recent health crisis had to be handled via telephone contact. He was professional and timely, documenting changes and advising as needed. Follow up is superb. Our family has received care at both the Cleveland Clinic and the Mayo Clinic. We feel most fortunate that we have a local professional source who stands rank with doctors seen at each of these hospitals.
Pat Houghton – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
I have been going to see Dr. Mitchell for over 25 years. He is very thorough in his overall evaluation. Always listens carefully to your concerns and questions and provides well thought out responses. I would and have recommended him to several other folks.
Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
The wait in the reception area was short, as was the wait in the examining room. Dr. Mitchell really listened to my concerns and answered my questions. Without asking, Dr. Mitchell ordered a test that I wanted. I was relieved.
Mar 30, 2020
Thank you for your kind words. We love and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Mitchell is awesome, down to earth, very thorough and has a good sense of humor (not easily found today). He always manages to make you feel at ease. He also is the one that found my wife's cancer. Thanks to the Doc, she is now in remission for 4.5 years.
Tom – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
I have been his patient for almost 30 years and can't imagine him not my Dr.he's the most caring Dr I've ever seen. can't imagine him not being my Dr James Crosswhite
James Crosswhite – Mar 08, 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback! We love...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Dr. Mitchell Is rude and judgmental. He was very nasty with me and told me he was frustrated. I left his office almost in tears. He did not listen to any of my concerns. I was honest in the survey I was sent about his unprofessional behavior. He then refused to write a prescription I needed. The office manager offered no help. I’m making big changes in my life, Step 1: find a caring doctor.
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Excellent diagnostician, excellent communicator, leaves no stone unturned to achieve best care for patient, takes his time with patient. I have never felt rushed even though I know he is busy. Been my doctor nearly 22 years.
Feb 17, 2020
Great
Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Dr. Mitchell has been my "family doctor" for over 25 years, and frankly, I don't want to ever change. He listens to you. He has a great sense of humor. If he doesn't know something, he'll admit it and get back to you. I've been his patient for so long, I consider him a friend. And if push ever came to shove concerning my health and life, I trust him. He loves the Lord and that means a lot, especially when it comes to life and death situations.
Bernardo – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Dr Mitchell is the best doctor I have ever been associated with. First and foremost he cares. He gives you time. He listens. And, he is prepared/studied. I trust him and the guidance he provides.
Jason – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
This week, Dr. Mitchell performed my 6 mo. follow up review of labs and exam. As always (I've been a patient since 2013), he took time to explain the results of the labs, answered all my questions and provided me frank analysis of my health condition. This was all done in a non-hurried atmosphere with a bit of humor thrown in. Dr. Mitchell has proven to be an important part in my regaining my health after a period of significant issues. I recommend him, and his staff highly!
Gordon – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Very thorough and engaging regarding the focus and results.
Robert Lanahan in Roanoke, VA – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Dr. Mitchell has been my doctor for many many years. When I go to his office my visit is always good. His staff is wonderful. There should be more doctors like him.
Cathy L. Wilson – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?
Dr Mitchell goes above and beyond. He takes time to talk and discuss your health.
Dan – Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Mitchell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mitchell?

Dr. Mitchell accepts

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Mitchell treats your condition or procedure

Salem Vamc/Uva Program B
University of VA
Vamc Salem/uva Program B
1987
Wake Forest University

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mitchell treats patients.

Lewisgale Medical Center

Salem, VA

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)

Carilion Clinic - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital