Dr. William Minnix, MD

Dr. William Minnix, MD

Internal Medicine  |

Dr. William Minnix, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in South Pasadena, FL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Minnix is affiliated with Palms of Pasadena Hospital.

Learn about Dr. Minnix

If you let the patient talk & listen carefully, they will tell you what is wrong. I find that listening is more important than any lab test, x-ray, or procedure to determine how best to empower my patients to receive the greatest gift: good health.

Dr. Minnix's Experience

Dr. Minnix's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine

• Emergency Medicine

• Emergency Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Emergency Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

• University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1980
  • University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Minnix has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Minnix does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Minnix and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Minnix's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Minnix to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Minnix's Performance
in St Petersburg, FL |
Great caring doctor, explains medical history in detail. His staff are also attentive to my needs. Highly recommend this practice.
Thank you for the positive feedback!
in St. Petersburg, FL |
I just had my six month follow up appointment. In the interim I had consulted with a specialist recommended by the dpctpr. During my visit Dr. Minnix reviewed the consultants report with me and provided explanations of my treatment that were very reassuring. I would highly recommend his practice to anyone in need of a doctor. The office staff are friendly and helpful and Dr. Minnix is wonderful. I never feel rushed and believe he in genuinely concerned in his patients as individuals.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I recently moved to South Pasadena and was looking for a new primary care physician. Dr. Minnix was recommended and I made an appointment. I found Dr. Minnix to be highly professional, taking the needed time to explain a few things to me. I also found his staff to be highly profession. It's tough to find a Dr. that takes the time needed and to be treated as a person rather than just another patient. I'm fortunate I found him.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with Dr. Minnix and our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
St Petersburg, FL |
I had a self-diagnosed laryngitis or strep throat that seemed to be getting worse. I called for an appointment, and was able to come in the same day to be examined. The self-diagnosis was confirmed, and I was able to have an antibiotic prescription called-in the same day. Very appreciative of the quick scheduling to see me!
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Minnix always explains conditions throughly, and spends as much time with you as necessary
St Petersburg, FL |
Dr Minnix is a compassionate, caring professional. I have recommended several friends, and they ate very pleased with him and his staff.
St. Pete Beach, FL |
Comfortable and professional demeanor, great "bed-side manner" and explains options and treatment thoroughly. Did not feel rushed in the least bit. Highly recommended for quality patient care. The staff is wonderful as well.
in Seminole, FL |
I truly like and respect Dr. Minnix. Dr. Minnix always understands what I need and always knows what to do for me. I would definitely recommend Dr. Minnix to famiy and friends.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with Dr. Minnix. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Highly recommended primary care doctor.
in St. Pete Beach, FL |
Having moved to Florida from out of state, Dr. Minnix was recommended to me. He has been an excellent help over the last number of months. He identified a hernia issue, recommended a surgeon, and it the surgery had excellent results.. Dr. Minnix also responded to issues with my back and I am following up with his recommended testing and specialist. In the meantime, he is treating the symptoms. I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Minnix as my new primary care physician.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I had a very nice experience with Dr Minnix. At my first visit, he reviewed my history and listened to my problems carefully. Both of us agreed to try some new things and see what happens. I am very satisfied with this .
Treasure Island |
Dr. Minnix is very a knowledgeable, professional & kind physician. His entire office staff, of Deb, Nickie, Ashley, Tiffany, and Jeanie are superb. They are happy to help with any request and for fill my request efficiently and accurately. What more can one ask? I am so happy I found this office.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Doctor Minnix is absoulutly wonderful! After my other Doctor retired last year I was very doubtful that I could find another Doctor whom I wold like as much as my previous one but Doctor Minnix has well exceeded my expectation.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I decided to try Dr. Minnix because of the many positive reviews I saw online. They were right. He is knowledgeable, personable and easy to communicate with. I would definitely recommend him without reservation.
in Clearwater, FL |
Shows real concern. Attentative. And, of course, Professional.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Very interested in me. Spent more than normal time with me. Seems extremely well informed. Just transfered to Dr Minnix because my previous doctor retired. Very impressed.
in Saint Petersburg, FL |
My senior mother has had Dr Minnix as her PCP for almost a year. The first visit went well as he appeared to be a "hands on" doctor which works well for her. Since then her appointments are rushed and she doesn't feel as though he listens to her. This last visit he walked out of the room as she was describing a recent fall. She wanted to get a flu shot but never got the chance to ask. She is discouraged and ready to look for another PCP.
We are very sorry to hear about this experience in our practice and would like to look into it further. Please call Danielle our Practice Manager at 727-397-0606 so that we can get further information to address the situation.
in St Petersburg, FL |
He always seems to be in a hurry during your appointment, and doesn't listen. He tends to quickly refer you to other doctors rather than spending any time attempting any basic diagnosis.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Palms Primary Care , so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with our practice Manager Danielle. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call the practice manager, 727-397-0606.
in Madeira Beach, Fl |
My first visit with the doctor was very pleasant and refreshing. He listened to my concerns and gave his professional advice. He seems to err on the side of caution which relieved some of my concerns. I would highly recommend a visit as a primary care provider.
Have you seen Dr. William Minnix, MD?

Visit Dr. Minnix