Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Male
Dr. William Meyer, MD
Dr. Meyer attended Washington and Lee University and received his M.D from the University of Virginia . He completed an OB/GYN residency at Emory University, then went to Yale University where he completed a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He is board certified/recertified in both OB/GYN and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He has been a board examiner for those sitting for their OB/GYN certification. He has been voted, by his peers, as one of the "Best Doctors in America" every year since 2003. He served for several years on the credentialing committee of the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (SART)-the only national standard database for reproductive medicine practitioners and is fluent in both English and Spanish. Before co-founding Carolina Conceptions in 2006, he served as clinical director of the University of North Carolina's IVF Program. He was on Faculty at UNC for 13 years. He founded and headed the UNC Assisted Reproductive Technologies Ethics Committee. He has a special interest and clinical expertise in: in vitro fertilization (IVF), egg freezing, ovulation induction, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and hysteroscopy. Dr. Meyer is a past President of the North Carolina Obstetrical and Gynecological Society (2011-2012). He volunteers at the Chapel Hill Pregnancy Support Services, and for the past three years has been the Head Coach for the Orange County Special Olympics Basketball Team. He also enjoys medical/surgical mission trips to Honduras.

2601 Lake Dr Ste 301

Raleigh, NC 27607

• MedCost

Learn about Dr. Meyer

To listen in an attempt to learn the couples' understanding of their challenges, then provide my opinion and map out a course of testing and treatment with a timeline.

Dr. Meyer's Experience

Dr. Meyer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Ectopic Pregnancy
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

• Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Washington and Lee University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Emory-Grady Hosps
  • Yale New Haven Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Meyer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Meyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Meyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meyer to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Meyer Says:

We hope you had an excellent experience at Carolina Conceptions. Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete a survey. If you had a positive experience with us, we appreciate you referring a friend or family member. If not, we do hope you call our office to discuss what happened so we can do our best to remedy the situation.

Dr. Meyer's Performance
Raleigh, NC |
If I could give 0 stars, I would. The nursing and front desk staff are great but Dr. Meyer, the practice manager, and embryologists are not. If the embryologists mishandle your embryos, you will receive no apology and they will not take accountability for it. They also choose to communicate bad news via email at times. I would not recommend trusting them to help you have a child. You are just a number to them and they are not equipped to deal with emotional situations that accompany infertility
Apex, NC |
Dr. Meyer helped my husband and I through our journey to get pregnant. He listened, gave great advice and we were successful. He answered all questions in a frank and honest manner and I never felt like my opinions were not taken seriously. I would highly recommend Dr. Meyer and Carolina Conceptions. Everyone there was professional, nice and helpful.
Rock Hill, SC |
Dr. Meyer was both very professional and kind. What I appreciated most was that he was always straight-forward and never felt the need to "sugar-coat". Would highly recommend him!
in Raleigh, NC |
There's not enough I can say about Dr. Meyers. All I can say is that he is one of the best doctors ever!!!! He was so compassionate and understanding of my situation. This last cycle I did not think we would get our positive because nothing seemed to work, others told me that we may have to stop this cycle and start the next one. Dr. Meyers on the other hand one to give it one more chance and guess what, it worked!! We are so happy, and I thank God for Dr. Meyers.
Durham |
My husband and I met with Dr. Meyer when we were experiencing difficulty getting pregnant. He took time to answer our questions and offer us options. After a few months we were successful with IUI and Femara and I'm now expecting our first child next month. The clinic staff are excellent and particularly good with anxious patients. They offered lots of extra ultrasounds and were always very quick with appointments. Thank you for excellent care!
Ashburn, VA |
Dr Meyer is great. He is very patient, professional and have great sense of humor. Will highly recommend him. Carolina Conception has very friendly staff.
in Four Oaks, NC |
If I have a friend or family member struggling to get pregnant, Carolina Conceptions is where I send them. Not only did they help us to become pregnant, which I am forever grateful for, they were kind, compassionate, supportive and, most importantly, realistic during our time with them seeking treatment.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I would highly recommend Dr. Meyer. He was a very thorough with all explanations and took his time to answer questions. My husband had male fertility issues and I was advanced maternal age. Our IVF was successful and we have a beautiful son!
in Wake Forest, NC |
From our first meeting with Dr. Meyer, I knew we could trust him. He is very honest and upfront about the process, the challenges, and the options that would work best for each couple based on their situations. His confidence and experience in the field led us to believe that our dreams of having a family WOULD come true. We started late in the game....I was almost 38. But after 5 cycles in total.... we have three AMAZING children (6,3 and 2). We can never say enough about our experiences at CC!
in Fairfax, SC |
Very honest and I trusted him right away. At that time of uncertainty you want answers right away- he was easily accessible by email and answered my questions. Infertility is a tough road, his strength and extensive background were very comforting. I had my first child with femara +timed IC, then our second child was an IVF miracle. Would/have recommended to many friends
in Charlotte, NC |
Perfect mix of personable and professional. I was misdiagnosed by a previous doc and practice out of state and Dr. Meyer quickly set the record straight. I am so thankful for him and his insightfulness.
in Chapel hill, Nc |
He is very honest and blunt. He is very experienced. Communication was very good
in Pinehurst, NC |
Dr. Meyer is an amazing doctor who has a vast amount of knowledge and a warm bedside manner. He has a great sense of humor, which is helpful during difficult and stressful times. My husband and I are forever grateful to Dr. Meyer for the opportunities we are blessed with today.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Meyer is excellent at dealing with infertility issues. He helped us get pregnant in 2014 and again in 2016. He almost reminds me of House, with his zany knowledge and gruff exterior. His personal style and sense of humor are not for everyone, but he gets results and at the end of the day, that is what you want with infertility.
in Durham, NC |
Dr Meyer was a wonderful doctor. After several years of infertility, seeing a new doctor has become a vulnerable experience. Dr. Meyer had a balance of honesty, humility & confidence that made it easy to trust his capabilities. Prior to seeing Dr. Meyer, I was told by fertility specialists that my case was beyond their expertise. Dr Meyer understood their concerns and was up for the challenge, without taking unnecessary risks with my health. He is someone to trust with your growing family.
Fuquay Varina, NC |
Dr. Meyer is one of the best doctors that I have ever had. He is such a nice person and makes you feel so at ease with everything that you are going through. He is such a down to earth person who deeply cares about his patients.
in Durham NC |
Top notch Listened Email available Husbanded liked Straight tslk
Have you seen Dr. William Meyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Meyer?