Dr. William Macaulay Jr, MD

Dr. William Macaulay Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. William Macaulay Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Read his story

555 Madison Ave Fl 3

• MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Macaulay Jr

See how frequently Dr. Macaulay Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Replacement
Knee Replacement
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Macaulay Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Macaulay Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Macaulay Jr "A conservative approach to the treatment of hip and knee arthritis, when appropriate, is best. More often than not, I will recommend surgery after all non-invasive options have failed. When hip or knee surgery is necessary, I employ the latest state-of-the-art techniques to preserve healthy bone and speed recovery. This includes both hip resurfacing, in selected patients, and a robotic arm for enhanced precision in partial knee replacements."
This content was provided by Dr. Macaulay Jr "I offer the most efficacious method of getting your function (if caused by a degenerative condition of the hip or knee joint) back to where you want it to be.  If that involves state-of-the-art best practice surgical intervention, then so be it. If that means nonsurgical treatment of other types, then that will be offered."

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Knee Deformity
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Joint - Varus Deformity
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement

• University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Hospital for Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Macaulay Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Macaulay Jr has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Macaulay Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Macaulay Jr to family and friends
Dr. Macaulay Jr's Performance
great !!! 11
in Katonah, NY |
Dr. Macaulay is a true gem. Believe everything he says. He did both my hips and I couldn't recommend him more highly. Deciding to have Dr. Macaulay do my procedures was one of the best decisions I made. This guy will change your life.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Macaulay is personable with excellent bed side manner. He is professional, knowledgable, answers all questions without being rushed and endorses a conservative approach to care. When you need care Dr. Macaulay is highly skilled with excellent results following surgery. Dr. Macaulay performed a total hip replacement for me with no complications and fantastic results. Dr. Macaulay gave me my quality of life back! Many thanks.
in Brooklyn |
Should ever you need an extremely talented, knowledgeable, compassionate and kind doctor to care for your hip or knee replacement, I would strongly recommend Dr. Macaulay. He takes the time to actually listen intently and answers all questions and concerns in layman's terms. Should you have fears about upcoming surgery, he eases you through your fears. For the best outcome, you want the best surgeon and support staff on your side. Dr. Macaulay IS that doctor. Do not hesitate!
in Scarsdale, NY |
From the very first phone call to schedule an appointment, to the end of my treatment, I was treated with the utmost respect, courtesy and professionalism.The staff members, Deirdra, Jane an Emily are the most competent, helpful and friendly professionals I have ever met. Dr. Macaulay is a top orthopedic surgeon. He explained in detail what the best course of treatment would be. His office handled all appointments, tests, surgery and subsequent home care. I highly recommend him for any surgery.
in Mount Vernon, NY |
I Avascular necrosis, was suffer excruciating pain in my right hip until I met Dr. William Macaulay jr. The day of my office visit, Dr. Macaulay walked in with a smile. Dr. William Macaulay took the time to listen to all my concerns. I never felt rush with any of my offfice visits with him. I had my total right hip replacement surgery April 11,2017. Thanks to Dr. William Macaulay I am pain free in my right hip. Thank you Dr.Macaulay I love you as person and as a surgeon.
in White Plains, NY |
Further to my post of November 27, 2016, Dr. Macaulay can always be contacted through his secretary. This is very reassuring.
in toms river nj |
he was excellent
New York, NY |
Dr. Macaulay was highly regarded 17 yrs ago when he did my right hip replacement. Then in 2006, he resurfaced my left hip; a year after that The New York Times did a story on his patients with this procedure. Both these joints have been perfect ever since. In January of this year, Dr. Macaulay moved to NYU Langone and I followed him there where he recently replaced my left knee. Now just 5 weeks out I feel great! My care at HJD was perfectly coordinated and I had almost NO PAIN.
in New York, NY |
FINALLY! A doctor who truly cares about my livelihood. I've just started seeing Dr. Macaulay at NYU and I already trust him completely with my upcoming hip replacement. This is a true renaissance man!
Paterson, NJ |
Dr. Macaulay is a terrific doctor - compassionate, a good listener, and a surgeon who is not quick to suggest surgery. I have recently had a knee replacement and within weeks, I'm nearly back to my usual busy routines ( minus the chronic pre-operative pain). I recommend him without reservation. I'm very grateful to him!
in Hartsdale, NY |
Recently saw Dr. Macaulay in his new office at NYU's Men's Health Center. How amazing! Both his orthopaedic skills, his courteous staff and his gorgeous state of the art office. Thank you Dr. Macaulay for your excellent care!!
New Rochelle, NY |
His staff is unkept and unintelligent. His office resembles a clinic in a depressed area. He wasn't able to help me & quickly got rid of me. He made me feel very uncomfortable.
in Briarcliff Manor |
I saw Dr. Macaulay for a torn meniscus. I fully expected him to suggest surgery. Instead, Dr. Macaulay spent time talking to me about why I should not have knee surgery, and suggested a program of care that involved changes to my exercise routine and lifestyle. Two laters, my knee is fine and I am so happy that I did not have unnecessary surgery. Dr. Macaulay is one of the best knee and hip surgeons in the metro area, but he does what is best for his patients.
in Ponte Vedra |
I consulted with Dr. Macaulay about excruciating pain in my right knee. I fully expected that I would need an operation considering that the pain was so extensive I could barely walk. Dr. Macaulay prescribed some therapy and medication and in a few days the pain eased off. After a while the knee was back to normal and has remained so for the last six months. I believe that sometime in the future I will need surgery on that knee and there is no other doctor that I will trust to do perform it.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Macaulay did TWO hip replacements for me. He is a true healer, kind and empathetic with his patients. And he follows up! I recommend him unreservedly.
Have you seen Dr. William Macaulay Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Macaulay Jr?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital

Visit Dr. Macaulay Jr