Dr. William Lunt, MD

Dr. William Lunt, MD

Gastroenterology  |

Dr. William Lunt, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 55 years old. Dr. Lunt is affiliated with Penrose-St. Francis Health Services.

Associates In Gastroenterology

2940 N Circle Dr

Colorado Springs, CO 80909

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Lunt

See how frequently Dr. Lunt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dysphagia
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Diarrhea

Dr. Lunt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Lunt "We strive to be a physician practice dedicated to state-of-the-art care for patients with gastrointestinal and liver diseases. We perform most endoscopic procedures including colonoscopy, upper endoscopy (EGD), ERCP, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), and are skilled in the therapeutic maneuvers associated with each. After graduating from the University of Wyoming, Dr. Lunt enrolled at Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska, graduating in 1992. He attended the University of Wisconsin where he completed on year of radiology training and a three-year residency in Internal Medicine from 1992 through 1996. He then went to the University of Arizona for three years for gastroenterology and hepatology training. While there, he received advanced training in both pancreatic biliary endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound techniques. Dr. Lunt is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in both medicine and gastroenterology. He is an active member of the AMA, AGA, ACG, and the ASGE. He is fully trained in all endoscopic procedures, and specializes in endoscopic ultrasound. His main clinic interests are in hepatology and advanced therapies for viral hepatitis. Dr. Lunt is the current director of Gastroenterology at Penrose Hospital."

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Creighton University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
  • University Of Az College Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Lunt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lunt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lunt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Lunt is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Lunt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lunt to family and friends
Dr. Lunt's Performance
in FLORISSANT, CO |
My husband and I are patients of Dr. Lunt. Colon cancer runs in our family, so we started having the procedure many years ago. Dr. Lunt has been the only doctor we've used for a colonoscopy. He has always been professional, reassuring, and extremely thorough. His communication skills are excellent. We appreciate the kindness of his staff as well.
in colorado springs, co |
>>>Meeting Dr. Lunt for the first time, as the healthcare professional who was to perform my medical procedure, I found him to be personable and caring and very knowledgeable about the gastroenterological process. He was genuinely concerned for my medical problem. I felt that I was to be in expert hands for my medical adventure. Important to me,as a healthcare worker for...years, Dr. Lunt presented with a good sense of humor which set me at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Lunt for your G.I. Doctor.
Monument, CO |
I value Dr. Lunt for his expertise, his willingness to explain procedures and results to me in an unhurried manner, and his kindness. His staff is also very caring and professional.
in Colorado Springs |
I have been a patient of Dr. Lunt's for years - he's both professional and very friendly. The nursing staff is great - really make you feel comfortable.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I've been a patient of Dr. Lunt for over 15 years. He is always very professional and always makes me feel very comfortable when going through the procedures. He is very good at explaining what he will do and the findings. I would recommend Dr. Lunt to all.
Colorado Springs |
No one wants to have a colonoscopy. However, I was well-please with Dr. Lunt and the staff at Associates in Gastroenterology. My procedure was handled professionally from check-in to departure, on-schedule and with no complications. I highly recommend these folks. On a side note, this was my second colonoscopy. For those who have experienced difficulties with anesthesia during a previous colonoscopy, they have made a vast improvement in the anesthesia used.
Simla, CO |
My husband and I have had several colonoscopy procedures and appointments with Dr. Lunt. Both of us have been very happy with his knowledge, bedside manner, and overall performance as a gastro-enterologist. Everyone in the office is friendly and caring. We have experienced no problems and plan to continue our care with Dr. lunt.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very friendly staff. Supper efficient facility. Dr. Lunt was great, felt totally taken care of!! Highly recommend Dr. Lunt and his staff.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Lunt was very straightforward and professional in his consultation. He was polite and respectful but also efficient and got straight to the point, which I appreciated. I can't think of anything that could be improved.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr Lunt and the staff are terrific. Everyone was attentive to my needs and very friendly and courteous. Dr Lunt thoroughly explained what would be done and answered all my questions and concerns. He came in the recovery area to insure that I was ok and not in any pain/discomfort. I felt secure in his care.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I had some pretty bad experiences with my former Gastroenterologist, with treatment and with surgical procedures. Dr. Lunt was recommended by my Primary Care and he is excellent. I no longer dread going to the doctor nor do I "dread" the colonoscopy and/or the endoscopy. The entire staff is friendly and efficient. The facility is top notch and state of the art. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a caring and sincere physician.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Lunt did my colonoscopy and was very professional and personable. He talked with me before and after the procedure and answered all my concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I felt very comfortable from the very first meeting with Dr. Lunt. He really listened to me and my concerns, and gave me options and information on ways to better manage my IBS. When I had to have a colonoscopy, the whole office was very proficient and everything happened like clockwork, from initial paperwork, to picking up prep kit, talking with nurse, staff at the center, and Dr Lunt himself. I would highly recommend Dr Lunt and his office.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr. Lunt was very professional--not in a cold or distant way. He was genuinely concerned about easing my mind about the procedure and instructing me on the process. He was present both before and after the procedure to answer questions and provide a prognosis. He impressed me with his "bedside manner" during my short time with him.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I had a colonoscopy and Dr Lunt was my physician. He explained how the procedure would work and what he intended to find out. The procedure was most efficient - painless and only took about an hour.. After the procedure he showed me pictures of my colon in order to explain my health and highliglight things I should know. He answered all questions thoroughly and in a manner I could easily understand. He has a sense of humor that also helps. An outstanding Dr. highly recommend!
in Black Forest, CO |
This is one of the best Doctors I've ever had. The care and attention to my issues are second to none. Dr. Lunt is curing a condition I've lived with for over 25 years. The entire experience from scheduling appointments, being checked in on the appointment, being prepped, then going through the exams and/or procedures is as good as it gets. I would highly recommend Dr. Lunt and his staff to anyone, especially to my family.
in Tampa FL. |
I was a patient of Dr Lunt before moving to Florida. My condition requires repeated visits to the clinic annually, due to the chronic nature of the disease. Because of the nature of my treatment, it requires not only the Scientific intellectual expertise, but also the skilled physical dexterity to complete the task in an efficient and complimentary fashion. Dr Lunt has accomplished this regularly. I will continue to travel to Colorado for this procedure.
in Colorado Springs, Colorado |
This was my first visit with Dr. Lunt and I was very happy with the time he spent with me about why I was in to see him and with what my needs were as well as how he could assist in my health needs. My appointment wasn't for another couple months away and the staff asked if I wanted to be on a waiting list which I selected and then received a call that there was an opening. Other than waiting for some time in the exam room everything went well and the MA checked on me and gave me comfort.
in Canon City, CO |
Dr. Lunt did my colonoscopy on 9 August, 2017. He had done my previous colonoscopy eleven years earlier. His performance was sterling in all respects. His staff were efficient, courteous and professional in all respects, from the front desk, to the attending nurse, nurse anesthetist who explained her role in detail, and Dr. Lunt, who was personable and responsive to my questions, including post-procedure results. Dr. Lunt and his staff are highly recommended.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Lunt and his staff (receptionist (Katherine), admissions and prep (Stephanie), assistant (Janna), anesthesiologist (Deb), and recovery (Mandy)) were terrific. A colonoscopy can never be fun, but this team made the event as pleasant as is possible. Everything was explained thoroughly along the way, and the care given was outstanding. Thank you all.
in Monument, co |
I noticed in other reviews here that some patients found this doctor arrogant and unfeeling. I can say from personal experience that he was kind, compassionate,knowledgeable.. I have had two of them with him has my doctor. I have never had a bad experience. He performed a ERCP on me at Penrose Hospital. He even remembered me years after he preformed that procedure when I came in for the Colonoscopy. He is a nice man and I would not trust any one else.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Well apparently not only does Dr. Lunt have very little time to help his patients, but a very unsettling bedside manner as well. Upon my son waking from a procedure Dr. Lunt informed him that he has cirrhosis. His tone was rude, abrupt and to say the lease without a hint of compassion. I've been a nurse for 30 years and seen my share of incompetent, so called professionals, but this one will stand out in my memory for quite some time. There's no excuse for Dr. Lunt's glib insensitivity.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He is very arrogant and has awful bedside manner. I had a pleasant experience with two of his colleagues and this shocked me. Would not recommend this doctor is you want someone with a heart and compassion.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He repeatedly displayed a lack of care and involvement. I have a complicated condition as a result of a bowel resection done about a year and a half ago. I have been suffering with constant pain. He has to be reminded to schedule tests, he conflicts with his PA diagnosis, he does not return phone calls, and he gets other staff to discuss medical issues. He basically told me it was in my head. I went to a Denver clinic and within 30 minutes they had a definitive diagnosis.
Have you seen Dr. William Lunt, MD?
Are you Dr. Lunt?

Visit Dr. Lunt

Dr. Lunt accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Hospitals where Dr. Lunt has admitting privileges

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
2222 N Nevada Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

More Gastroenterology Specialists like Dr. Lunt at Associates In Gastroenterology