Dr. William Levine, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 23 years. He specializes in orthopedic sports medicine, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Levine accepts

Dr. Levine accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Levine's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Levine's Top Procedures and Conditions

All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures

Dr. Levine performs All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures more than 100% of his peers

Arm Surgery

Dr. Levine performs Arm Surgery more than 100% of his peers

Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery

Dr. Levine performs Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Levine performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstruction

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Torticollis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Despite my being an orthopedic surgeon (who loves to operate when appropriate) the reality is that most orthopedic conditions can be successfully treated non-operatively. I evaluate many patients who come for 2nd or 3rd opinions where we ca...

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Levine

Dr. Levine?
Dr. Levine's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Levine, MD
Dr. Levine did shoulder surgery for me in December. I had a labrum tear and the results were great. The first couple months were tough, but I had a full recovery and my shoulder is working better than ever. Don't know why I waited so long! His nurse practitioner that you see after the surgery was awesome too. I highly recommend Dr. Levine!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine is thoughtful, sensitive and caring, and the surgery on my shoulder was a complete success. I hope I don't need to, but if i ever need orthopedic surgery again, Dr. Levine will be the first person I see. I'm 75, but I feel as if my post-op progress was that of a much younger man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. William levine is a wonderfully talented surgeon. he repaired my rotator cuff, three of my tendons in my right shoulder were torn. i selected dr levine because of his reputation and being listed as a top othopedic sergeon. he was very courteous and answered all my questions patiently. he showed me on my MRI exactly why i cound not raise my arms more than waist high. the surgery went well and the recovery was easier that expected. i can now raise my arm all the way up. I would encourage anyone who needs rotater cuff repair surgery to use Dr. Levine. I can't thank him enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I had arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus, and 2 months later I'm on track to a full recovery. I saw Dr. Levine twice - once after an xray and MRI confirmed a torn meniscus and once immediately before surgery. He's all about efficiency; not a chatty, touchy feely type, but this suited me just fine. Also impressive: the entire orthopedic team around him (a cast of thousands) and the Columbia hospital facilities. This is a highly professional, efficient, and competent group; they're also nice! I recommend Dr. Levine and his team completely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Not only am I likely to continue to recommend Dr. Levine, I already have. He also became known to me through a referral from a friend, and my friend's return to a very active lifestyle that includes sailing and drumming was a good enough recommendation for me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
King of the hill, top of the heap. As good as it gets.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
A Great Experience from Start to Finish Ongoing shoulder pain following a poorly healed clavicle break resulted in my visit to a shoulder specialist where I live in CT. After receiving some confusing information from my potential surgeon I found myself looking for a 2nd opinion, and I am so glad I did. It was then that I found Dr. Levine. He and his team are professionals with great bedside manner. They run a tight ship and are quick to respond to any questions. I was especially glad that Dr. Levine recommended that I use the cold & compression therapy unit. It was so helpful that I barely used my pain pills. This was a great experience. Dr. Levine and his team make you feel as though you are their most important patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine has done a remarkable job with my shoulder which has progressed much faster and better than expected. The staff at the W51st Street office are very attentive and friendly. i highly recommend anyone with shoulder issues to consult with Dr. Levine and his staff before doing anything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Top tier surgeon and doctor—fantastic care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I was very satisfied with the care I received from Dr. William Levine. All his associates were also wonderful. I saw Nurse Practioner Renee Bloomfield in Tarrytown and that was always wonderful as well!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine was a miracle worker for me. My shoulder was so painful and I was extremely restricted from most of my activities. I couldn't do anything; I couldn't even comb my hair due to the limited mobility and pain. After Dr. Levine performed a stemless shoulder replacement, I had a quick recovery and a vast improvement; the pain was gone, and I could do everything that I used to do, including hammering in nails and picking up my grand children. Thank you, Dr. Levine!!! ????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I came to Dr. Levine 11 years ago when I had been having a lot of problems with my left shoulder. He then replaced the shoulder, and I have been fine ever since. Last April 2018 my right shoulder was then bone on bone, and needed to be replaced. Again, I went back to Dr. Levine for my surgery. After one month of PT my range of motion was great, and I was able to drive. Dr Levine is a fabulous surgeon and his staff are so wonderful and extremely professional. I find that the Orthopedic Team at Columbia Presbyterian are definitely exceptional, and I would always recommend my family and friends to Dr Levine for any problems with the shoulder.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine is very experienced. He saved me from going through a surgery that I don't need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Really fantastic experience, I never had to wait for appointments, scheduling was easy, my surgery was great and the scar healed very nicely. I'm very glad I opted to see Dr. Levine for my shoulder.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine is an excellent surgeon. After meeting with him I had full confidence in him. He answered all my questions and I went into the surgery with no doubts that It would all work out very good, which it did. I had heard horror stories about shoulder surgery and I experienced nothing of the kind. I hardly had pain, and the way everything was handled after was wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Levine, and have recommended him to anyone I know who needs the things he specializes in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
My range of motion & strength are the same with both arms now. I remember two things from the surgery - it took time with progression accelerating - the absence of pain now is an enormous relief compared to the constant, annoying pain I tried to manage before surgery. I'm glad I didn't prematurely have surgery because now I know it worked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Simply put, Dr. Levine and his team are terrific. For the past several years, I have been a patient for a shoulder injury. While I might indeed need surgery at some point in the future, Dr. Levine has successfully managed my case with non-surgical alternatives. He did perform successful shoulder surgery on my son as well. He is a first-class doctor and a very nice and caring human being. I would give him my highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
From start to finish I had full confidence in Dr. Levine and his staff. My questions and concerns were answered and addressed. The recovery and post op kept me at ease. I'm confident that the quality of care is directly connected to my speed of recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Levine to anyone that needs an orthopedic surgeon. I am so happy I decided to get surgery myself and the recovery has brought me back to 100% if not even a little better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levine?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Levine treats patients.

Compare Providers