Dr. William Levine, MD

Dr. William Levine, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine •  Male • Age 56

Telehealth services available

Dr. William Levine, MD is a Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Levine has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Case Western Reserve Univ medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Levine to book an appointment.

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

New Patient?
ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics51 W 51st St Ste 370 New York, NY 10019

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Dr. Levine's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Levine

Dr. Levine?
Had 3 surgeries with him and Michael, all went well!
Randell K – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I feel like a poster child for the reverse total shoulder replacement Dr. Levine performed - everything went perfectly. He and his amazing team were always available and always answered questions and provided information in a way I could understand. They are the best - if I could give them 10 stars, I would.
NK – Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I am very impressed with Dr. Levine's attention to my knee problems. He presented me a range of various options intended to lead to relief from the pain. Unlike other medical providers, Dr. Levine made me feel at ease throughout the entire visit.
Dr. Dimitrios Cokinos – Jul 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr Levine is one of the most complete accurate and understanding doctors I have ever met he treat you like family and is so thorough
Louis Castellano – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I was extremely concerned and anxious about my right shoulder. Dr Levine diagnosed my condition and recommended surgery. The surgery went extremely well with limited pain after the operation. I am now able to do anything I’d like pain free. Dr Levine is a compassionate caring doctor and his staff is very helpful and professional. I highly recommend him as he is an excellent surgeon and very approachable and concerning doctor.
Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Title: My Shoulder Lives Again!! I had severe arthritis in my right shoulder which made everyday activities such as putting on a shirt or reaching into a cabinet painfully difficult. Dr. Levine performed a shoulder replacement and my only regret is that I should have had the surgery years earlier. After three months I was playing golf and had far greater range of motion in my shoulder vs. pre-surgery. The milestones that Dr. Levne laid out for me over the course of the recovery process were all realistic and easily met. For anyone who wants to stay active and avoid the daily discomfort of shoulder arthritis, I would highly recommend Dr. Levine and his staff. Comment CANCEL SUBMIT
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine and his team handled the diagnosis, surgery, and post-operative care in an extremely well-organized and efficient manner and I am quite pleased with the outcome! Since I had to travel into Manhattan from 50 miles away in CT, I was particularly pleased that the vast majority of my appointments required little to no waiting--with the exception of one that spilled over into the lunch hour. Both Dr. Levine and his team members were quick to answer my questions, and provided excellent support during the whole process.
Apr 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Accomplished everything I hoped for.
Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
From the first time I met Dr Levine to my one year post op reverse shoulder replacement surgery visit , everything was a 5 star experience! He and his entire staff are patient and caring and treated me with the utmost care and respect. Everything was explained thoroughly and I knew exactly what to expect throughout the entire process. I often second guess myself as to whether or not I made the right choice of physician. No ifs ands or buts...100% I did. I can't say enough good things and more to the point I am pain free, back on the golf course and have full use of my shoulder. I can not recommend him highly enough.
Harriet Kallet – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine was recommended by my pain management doctor. I have had 3 other surgeries on my right shoulder by 2 different surgeons. I retore this shoulder due to a back injury. The previous doctor said I had to have a total reverse replacement. I did not want to have the reduced range of motion that would come with that surgery. Dr. Levine said that there was an experimental surgery. I would be an excellent case for this new procedure. This past week I went for my 2 year followup. I was in the experimental group! I have full range of motion and could not be more pleased with the outcome. Dr. Levine is a caring person and a talented physician. He has a wonderful sense of humor and his bedside manner is tops. He takes the time to explain everything in a manner that is easy to understand. His office staff and operating room nurses are friendly and professional. The first visit was in NYC, but all follow-up visits were in NJ. If necessary, I will always come to Dr. Levine. He's that good!
Helen from NJ – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine and his staff were very courteous and professional. They took the time to address all my questions and concerns and were honest and very communicative about my treatment and my surgery. I would definitely see Dr. Levine again.
Jorge – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
My surgery and experience with Dr. Levine was nothing but fantastic. I have almost total use of my right arm and am truly happy. He is not only professional but experienced.
Nov 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine hands-down one of the best surgeons on the planet .he’s like putting together all four Beatles ,and I don’t mean the bugs, I mean the band . It’s taking me some time to finally say shoulder replacement is for me .I’ve come to the conclusion I am at the right place .Michael one of his top-flight nurses always answers my calls and always has an answer for my questions ,I can’t thank him enough. My son Justin my daughters Nicole and Samantha cannot wait for me to stop complaining about my decrepit shoulder .Thank you Dr. Levine and your staff for being there for me and my family ,looking forward to seeing you in the very near future thank you all for having the patience of Saint.
Jeff From Orange County – Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine came highly recommended and did not disappoint. After my initial visit I knew he was the person that could help me. I had a bad rotator cuff and bicep tear caused by weightlifting and was assured by Dr. Levine that he could get me back to normal. My surgery was done 6 months prior to this writing and I have never experienced a day of discomfort . In his usual professional manner Dr. Levine met with me 6 months after my surgery and wished me a happy "graduation day"physician parlance for you're good to go. His winning-personality is commensurate with his outstanding surgical skills.
Victor Bellavia – Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I couldn't have asked for a better experience with my rotator cuff surgery. Dr Levine is so wonderful, made me feel comfortable and confident. It's been 6 months since the surgery and I would say I am about 95% better than before. No more unbearable pain. The staff and the office were wonderful as well. Would totally recommend Dr. Levine and Columbia Orthopedics to anyone who needs help.
Kathie Bazikain – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine did shoulder surgery for me in December. I had a labrum tear and the results were great. The first couple months were tough, but I had a full recovery and my shoulder is working better than ever. Don't know why I waited so long! His nurse practitioner that you see after the surgery was awesome too. I highly recommend Dr. Levine!
Rachel – Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. Levine is thoughtful, sensitive and caring, and the surgery on my shoulder was a complete success. I hope I don't need to, but if i ever need orthopedic surgery again, Dr. Levine will be the first person I see. I'm 75, but I feel as if my post-op progress was that of a much younger man.
John – Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Dr. William levine is a wonderfully talented surgeon. he repaired my rotator cuff, three of my tendons in my right shoulder were torn. i selected dr levine because of his reputation and being listed as a top othopedic sergeon. he was very courteous and answered all my questions patiently. he showed me on my MRI exactly why i cound not raise my arms more than waist high. the surgery went well and the recovery was easier that expected. i can now raise my arm all the way up. I would encourage anyone who needs rotater cuff repair surgery to use Dr. Levine. I can't thank him enough.
martin lamm in far rockaway, NY – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
I had arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus, and 2 months later I'm on track to a full recovery. I saw Dr. Levine twice - once after an xray and MRI confirmed a torn meniscus and once immediately before surgery. He's all about efficiency; not a chatty, touchy feely type, but this suited me just fine. Also impressive: the entire orthopedic team around him (a cast of thousands) and the Columbia hospital facilities. This is a highly professional, efficient, and competent group; they're also nice! I recommend Dr. Levine and his team completely.
Stewie in New York, NY – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?
Not only am I likely to continue to recommend Dr. Levine, I already have. He also became known to me through a referral from a friend, and my friend's return to a very active lifestyle that includes sailing and drumming was a good enough recommendation for me!
Irene in Ridgewood, NJ – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Levine, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levine?

Dr. Levine accepts

Dr. Levine accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Levine

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Levine treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Levine treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 305-4565.

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder/Upper Arm specialists.

Typically treats 85% more than similar doctors

Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery

Dr. Levine performs Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Levine performs this procedure more than 100% of their peers

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Typically treats 59% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Knee Sprain

Dr. Levine treats Knee Sprain more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Levine treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
high

Dr. Levine treats Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear more than 87% of their peers

Dr. Levine treats this condition more than 87% of their peers

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Torticollis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Despite my being an orthopedic surgeon (who loves to operate when appropriate) the reality is that most orthopedic conditions can be successfully...Read more

My approach to patient care is simple - you have a complaint and orthopedic concern that made you take time out of your busy schedule to come to see me...Read more

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine