Dr. William Johnston III, MD

Dr. William Johnston III, MD

Urologic Oncology | Male | 42 years old

11 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Each patient is unique, therefore, each patient needs to become an expert in their disorder or cancer in order to make a decision that is best for them. I prefer to meet with my patients at the end of the day or arrange a conference at off hours, to allow as much time as a patient needs to fully understand their options. At the end of this conference, I prefer the patient return home and think about our discussion before making a decision. I expect them to have discussions with their primary care doctor or any friends or family they trust to help them make an important decision. I encourage my patients to call or email with any additional questions. In the end, each patient will make a decision that they feel is right for them. If I can get my patients to this point, I know we have a great chance at success.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Johnston III's Experience

See how Dr. Johnston III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Johnston III

Dr. Johnston III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnston III to family and friends
Dr. Johnston III's Performance
in Brighton, MI |
Dr Johnston conveys a very reassuring attitude, I felt immediately comfortable with him on my first visit. He addressed all of my and my wife's questions and concerns. He remains very attentive and interested in my recovery progress. I am grateful to be guided to such an expert! His website also very clearly and accurately explains what to expect before, day of, and hospital discharge following my procedure, and the recovery process, making me feel that I wasn't alone in my journey.
in Atlanta MI |
Thank you for short time it took see you in your office and how you worked to get me in for surgery The care and kindness you showed me you are the doctor I will refer to my friends and family THANK YOU
in Waterford, MI |
I was referred to Dr. Johnston from Dr. Eliya I had several tumors on both of my kidneys with my right one needing about a third of it removed. So I met with Dr. Johnston for consultation and it was a great experience. He answered mine and my wife's questions and showed us my MRI. Went over his plan of attach and I was so confident he was the man for the job. I have had my first surgery on the worst kidney and everything went great. Now I am recovering to get ready for the other kidney surgery
Have you seen Dr. William Johnston III, MD?
Are you Dr. Johnston III?

Dr. Johnston III says...

William K. Johnston III, MD is a board-certified Urologist and a partner in the Michigan Institute of Urology. He has practiced in Chicago suburbs for the last 7 years while holding appointments as an Assistant Professor at the University of Chicago and Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine. He is an Editor for the Journal of Endourology and an Instructor of da Vinci Robotic Surgery since 2005.

Dr. Johnston completed his urology residency at the University of California, Davis and received advanced training at one of the first dedicated training programs (fellowships) in Laparoscopy and Robotic Surgery at the University of Michigan in 2003-4. Dr. Johnston specializes in minimally invasive Laparoscopic and da Vinci Robotic Surgery for the treatment of adrenal, kidney, bladder, and prostate cancers. He also has a keen interest in men's health and prevention by consulting with patients on early prostate cancer detection (elevated PSA values), enlarging prostates (BPH), and hormonal changes in the aging man.

Dr. Johnston has authored over 20 peer-reviewed publications and made over 50 presentations at national and world meetings. His research has focused on improving patient outcomes in surgery by improving vision with special dyes and developing new surgical instruments (US Patent (7,591,817). He has also developed two free iPhone apps to improve patient care ("Kidney stone app" and "Uroflow"). His passion for teaching and research have resulted recently in 2 Academic Achievement Awards and an Outstanding Teaching Award at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.

Dr. Johnston III's Care Philosophy

Dr. Johnston III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urologic Oncology
  •  Board certified in Urology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

• Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine Outstanding Teaching Award, 2009
    • US Patent 7,591,817, 2009
    • Evanston Northwestern HealthSystem Academic Achievement Award, 2006
    • Evanston Northwestern HealthSystem Academic Achievement Awar, 2005

Dr. Johnston III has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Johnston III's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Bladder Cancer
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Stones
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Penile Cancer
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Scrotal Diseases and Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Stress Incontinence
  • Testicle Disorders
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Ureteral Stones
  • Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Varicocele

University Of Michigan-Laparoscopy/Robotic Surgery

Completed in 2004

University Of California, Davis

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Johnston III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnston III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urologic Oncology

• Bladder Suspension Surgery
  • Chemotherapy
  • Cryoablation
  • Endoscopic Laser Therapy
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Intravesical Therapy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laser Ablation
  • Lymph Node Dissection for Endometrial Cancer (Uterine Cancer)
  • Mohs Surgery