Dr. William Jacobsen, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

William M Jacobsen MD 2400 E Arizona Biltmore Cir Ste 2450 Phoenix, AZ 85016 Get Directions
Dr. William Jacobsen, MD

Dr. William Jacobsen, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Jacobsen is affiliated with Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital, Abrazo Scottsdale Campus, Abrazo West Campus, Banner - Unviersity Medical Center Phoenix, Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Banner Thunderbird Medical Center, Banner Estrella Medical Center and Abrazo Arrowhead Campus.

...See Less

Dr. Jacobsen's Experience

See how Dr. Jacobsen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jacobsen

Dr. Jacobsen accepts 128 insurance carriers

Dr. Jacobsen is now accepting new patients
William M. Jacobsen, MD PC2400 E Arizona Biltmore Cir Ste 2450
Phoenix, AZ 85016
(602) 212-0100Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 8 hospitals where Dr. Jacobsen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Jacobsen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacobsen to family and friends
Dr. Jacobsen's Performance
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I had MOHS surgery on the tip of my nose 7/21/17. My dermatologist sent me directly to Dr. William Jacobsen to close the wound. I was amazed and grateful that they were able to fit me in on a Friday afternoon. The office staff was compassionate and made me feel I was in the right place. Dr. Jacobsen was outstanding! He reassured me about the procedure, answered my questions, and completed the procedure very quickly. I was very impressed with my entire experience and will return to Dr. J.
in Phoenix, AZ |
First time I went to see Dr. Jacobson he was very easy to talk to gave me all the answers I was looking for. He will be my new doctor.
Dr Jacobsen is extremely kind thorough and a great listener. He made me feel at ease. His office staff is so kind and humble as well. I can't wait to have my procedure and know I'm in the best of caring hands.
in Peoria, AZ |
If you have a problem, forget it... this Dr won't respond... I'm now left with nerve damage from his surgery... not happy
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen is a soft spoken gentle man with a kind smile. He makes his patients feel at ease as he explains the procedures and answers related questions. I was very impressed when he called me at home the evening before my surgery just to ask if I had any concerns and if I was ready for the surgery. He is most professional and his office is managed by an efficient staff.
in Surprise, AZ |
Referred to Dr. Jacobsen by my Dermatologist/Surgeon following MOHS procedure. I felt at ease and confident upon meeting him. He is very friendly and skilled and answered all my questions. His positive outlook is very encouraging. His staff is friendly and I urge anyone to use his services.
Phoenix, AZ |
Really nice guy. Knows what he is doing. Removed a mole for me, quickly and without pain. Invited me to come back in if I had any issues (and I didn't). Only complaint is long time waiting in office. Staff is really nice. Would use him again for sure.
in Anderson, IN |
Right away I felt at ease with Dr. Jacobsen. He was very friendly and caring. He took time to answer all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone who is needing his services. I feel very fortunate that I had Dr. Jacobsen do my melanoma surgery. It was successful! I consider him an excellent Doctor! Cheryl Hill
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Jacobsen, is one of the best dr's I have come across in a long time. He keeps me informed every step of the way, the followup is amazing. He takes the time to interact with me about my concerns or any and all questions i have had about my surgery. I didn't know him until my first (outpatient) surgery, but a nurse told me she would follow him anywhere to have him treat her. Now , after a second surgery by him, i know why..and i will do the same. So glad I was referred to him.
Scottsdale, AZ |
1 hr past my appointment time I am asked for my new patient forms. I complete all personal forms but ask if I can sign the remainder malpractice forms if the doctor says he can help me. The office manager comes out and says since I am refusing to sign the forms he will not let me see the doctor. He does not give me an option to change my mind about signing the forms; he just decides for me that I can't see the doctor & kicks me out. This is a rude unannounced, unprofessional ultimatum mishandled
in Goodyear, AZ |
Referred to Dr. Jacobsen by a dermatologist to remove a small cyst above my left eye on my forehead. Dermatologist felt procedure should be done by a plastic surgeon to minimize the scare. I paid for a consult & was told there would only be a slight scare otherwise no evidence so I scheduled the appointment. I waited over 11/2 hour after my scheduled appt., I do realize things happen. Cyst removed. Now there is as large a bump, scar tissue & a scar. Called, Dr office provides no satisfaction
in Prescott, AZ |
My dermatologist recommended Dr. Jacobsen for mohs surgery on my nose because of the extent of my basal cell carcinoma. I am so grateful, as Dr. J's skillfull hands and compassionate bedside manner eased any anxieties I had going through the necessary procedures. I have never experienced a doctor so caring and skilled. His staff is friendly-very welcoming and wait time is minimal. I highly recommend him!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen is a magician! I went in for a free consultation to get my scar looked at and he was simply a professional and gentlemen! After I got my surgery done, the results were AMAZING! I almost forgot I had a scar to begin with. I would definitely recommend Dr. Jacobsen to anyone interested in undergoing cosmetic surgery! Best decision yet!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Love the office, staff, and Dr. Jacobsen. Office is super beautiful. Staff is so courteous and respectful. Dr. Jacobsen is wonderful.
in Payson, AZ |
Friendly staff and peaceful office make for an inviting environment. Dr. Jacobsen is kind and very attentive to any need that you may have!! Highly recommended!!!!
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. William Jacobsen and his staff are highly professional and thorough. Dr. Jacobsen was highly recommended by my dermatologist and I could not be happier with my treatment. I feel that I was truly blessed with the with care received.
Glendale, AZ |
My experience with Dr. Jacobsen and his staff has been the best anyone could ask for. His concern and manner are exceptional. The staff also are pleasant and helpful. I would highly recommend him and already have told my experiences.
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen was very nice and confident in what he was going to accomplish with my surgery. He put me at ease and handled the whole situation quickly and efficiently.
in Peoria, AZ |
I called for a consultation and they got me in quickly. The staff is very nice and sweet. Clean, beautiful offie. The wait time is minimal even with very many chairs filled. Dr Jacobsen is very kind, he listens an cares to make you happy. He asks what your outcome wishes to be. After surgery he came in and explained how it went and The job he did was AMAZING!! I have been through 4 plastic surgeons and he is hands down THE BEST!!! I was taken care of so all through it. Love them!! Thank you Dr.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I can honestly say that I've never quit met a Dr. like Dr. J. His demeanor, professionalism, knowledge, bedside manner and genuine concern for me was outstanding. After a day of Moe's surgery from the Dermatologist, I was sent to Dr. J's office. He reassured me that everything was going to be ok and it was! I enjoy going back for follow ups; the office is a peaceful place, water is always offered and wait times are minimal. I would recommend Dr. J. to anyone! Thanks Dr. J!!
Wausa, NE |
Dr. Jacobsen and his staff were very personable, knowledgeable, and friendly. They provided me with the comfort that I was in good care for my skin cancer removal. Dr. Jacobsen is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him!
in Glendale ,Arizona |
I highly recommend Dr Jacobsen as a very competent and caring Physician.The privilege of being treated by him was nothing short of providential.The outcome of the procedures he has done was beyond my expectations.He and his staff are very professional and attentive and make you feel they have your satisfaction uppermost in their minds.Thank you Doctor for your excellent care!
in Peoria, AZ |
Caring and highly skilled, Dr Jacobsen does excellent work. His staff is friendly, helpful, and fees are reasonable.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Jacobsen and staff were excellent providing information and insuring th and it rubs off!at I knew what to expect. All have positive attitudes
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen is a great surgeon who made me feel comfortable throughout entire process. Dr. Jacobsen's work was excellent, people were amazed in how tiny the scar was on my back considering the size of work that was done. His office environment was amazing, very warm and welcoming and his staff is excellent as well answering any questions you may have. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobsen, I had a great experience and I hope that if you are in the need for a plastic surgeon you would go see him.
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Jacobson did a fantastic job suturing me up after I had a MOHS surgery to remove basil carcinoma from my face by my dermatologist. Professional, confident, and great bedside manner. (A few of his jokes were even funny ?? ) His staff was friendly and knowledgable. I would definitely go back to him again but hopefully under different circumstances next time.
in Phoenix |
My appointment with Dr. Jacobsen went smoothly and I'm very happy with the results
in Sun City West, AZ |
After having mohs surgery, Dr. Jacobsen finished putting sutures in the area under my lip. He was very helpful in explaining everything about what to expect afterwards. I would definitely go back to Dr. Jacobsen again, and so appreciated his professional, kind, and compassionate attitude in treating me. By the way, his offices are beautiful and so relaxing. HIs assistant was also very warm and friendly.
in Buckeye, AZ |
I have had four surgeries and several procedures and have been treated with great care by Dr. Jacobsen. The wait time is usually past the appointment time but is worth it: I know I will have the time needed for my appointment and any questions answered. Dr. Jacobsen is professional and personable, with experience and thought to detail. The staff are friendly and accommodating in making appointments. I would certainly recommend this office. Oh, did I mention the wonderful book collection?
in Flagstaff, AZ |
This was a perfectly pleasant experience. The doctor was accurate in his description of the procedure and post-surgery expectations. I would definitely seek Dr. Jacobsen's care if needed in the future.
in Casa Grande, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen performed a MOHS surgery on my upper lip several years ago and you can't even see the difference. He is a fantastic surgeon. I went back to him a few months ago for some cosmetic surgery and again his performance was excellent. I highly recommend him and his staff, they are wonderful.
Surprise, AZ |
Professional, reassuring about the procedure that was going to be performed. Good bedside manner
in Sun City |
Dr Jacobson is confidence in his abilities to help you. He and his staff are always courteous and helpful. His clinic is lovely, comfortable and inviting. Most important, his ability to meet the expectations of the patient. His confident with excellent surgical technique and care. I feel so blessed.
in Goodyear, AZ |
I was fortunate to get a same day last minute appointment with Dr. Jacobsen to close the wound from Mohs basal cancer surgery on my nose. Dr. Jacobsen and his staff were extremely efficient and comforting. When I was unsure of my healing progress a few weeks later, I did as recommended in Dr. Jacobsen's after care literature, and sent a selfie of the wound to his office email. Within an hour I had a follow-up appointment. Dr. Jacobsen and his staff are impressive and highly recommended.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen and his team were very efficient in scheduling and procedures. They also explained everything clearly making it easy to ask questions. Overall, the skill level and precision in surgical procedures was excellent. The staff were all very nice and helpful and the office itself is very friendly and inviting.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Jacobson is very uplifting and instills confidence in his abilities to help you (the patient). He and his staff are very courteous and helpful. His clinic is lovely, comfortable and inviting. Most important, however, is his ability to meet the expectations of the patient and family. In other words, he backs up his confident treatment statements with excellent surgical technique and care.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen and nurse receptionist are skilled, responsive, affable, and caring. Office surroundings and d?cor are first class and very comfortable. The outcome of the out-patient procedures for both my wife and I were conducted with the utmost professionalism and the end results were as promised and very satisfactory. Highest recommendation.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Alana and all of Dr. J's staff are always friendly and courteous. The wait time is usually a little longer than I would like, however, I understand he is a busy man. Dr. J is always a pleasure to speak with and he does great work. I am very satisfied so far.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was referred to another surgeon. I chose Dr. Jacobsen instead. I have seen too many doctors recently and both he and staff were excellent. I saw him for a medical matter but spouse wanted it to look nice afterwards and it will. The procedure was as close to pain free as I could hope and both the doctor and his assistant were successful in assuaging my excessive concerns.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Jacobsen and his staff are amazing! During my first consultation and 4 subsequent procedures I was treated with care and compassion. Dr. Jacobsen is a gifted man and his skill to remove numerous neurofibromas from my face and neck has changed my face! My smooth skin is a testament to his technique. Thank you!
in Phoenix, AZ |
My experience with Dr. Jacobsen was GREAT! He made the correct decisions regarding why my incision was not healing & fixed the problems. My incision has since healed. I would recommend Dr. Jacobsen Highly. He is very thorough, kind & compassionate about his work & patients.
in Phoenix, AZ |
My dermatologists recommended Dr Jacobsen to me. After reading his overview and experience I felt I had made the right decision to see him. I was told that I had basal cell carcinoma on my scalp, that was too large for my dermatologist to remove. On my first visit to his office he made me feel very comfortable answering all my questions and concerns. I liked his patience and felt very secure in my decision to have him perform my surgery. My surgery went very well with no problems.
in Avondale, AZ |
My experience with Dr Jacobsen has been wonderful. He really made me feel like I am a part of his family. He didn't make me feel like I was just a number. He took his time explaining everything to me. I would recommend Dr. Jacobsen to anyone who wants a caring and great doctor.
Have you seen Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Are you Dr. Jacobsen?

Compare Dr. Jacobsen

Dr. Jacobsen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery

• Phoenix Magazine Top Doc, 1998
    • Phoenix Magazine Top Doc, 2008
    • Phoenix Magazine Top Doc, 2006
    • Phoenix Magazine Top Doc, 2009

Dr. Jacobsen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Jacobsen's Board Certifications

• Lipomas
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1975

University of Iowa

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Jacobsen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobsen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Facelift
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Plastic Cosmetic Surgery