Dr. William Jacobsen, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 68

Dr. Jacobsen

Prostate Solutions of Arizona

2525 E Arizona Biltmore Cir Ste C236 Phoenix, AZ 85016

Dr. William Jacobsen, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Illinois At Rockford medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital and Abrazo Arrowhead Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jacobsen to book an appointment.

Dr. Jacobsen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jacobsen

Dr. Jacobsen?
  • Office environment (171)
  • Staff friendliness (170)
  • Appointment scheduling (165)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (11)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
  • Appointment was rushed (9)
Incredibly gifted surgeon! Fixed my APR surgical wound when no one else could.
Floyd – Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
I went to see Dr. J in hopes that might be able to fix my extremely assymetrical breasts. I told him that in 2012, I'd been diagnosed with DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3 and had a lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy. He explained there was hard, underlying scar tissue caused mostly by the radiation therapy which can deform the breast over time, which in my case, it did. He suggested that because of my history of DCIS and the markedly noticeable asymmetry of my breasts, I might be happiest with a bilateral mastectomy wfollowed by reconstructive surgery. At first I was worried because like many people, I had the idea that plastic surgeons really only care about money and my insurance was through AHCCCS (Arizona's Medicaid). However, he treated me with the utmost respect. My decision to listen to Dr. J's advice and have the mastectomy literally saved my life. During the operation, Dr. J found cancer in BOTH my breasts and a 5.6 cm tumor in my right breast. He was very kind and gentle wh
Forever Grateful To Dr.J! – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Dr. Jacobsen and his staff are completely fantastic. His staff are very professional people: they run on time, they make eye contact, they are friendly and talk to people like individuals. Dr. Jacobsen was on time for my case in the OR - that's big for a patient. He is a conscientious doctor, who has healed a very angry wound first with surgery, then giving the tissues time to heal. I am so happy with his care, and his availability to me as a patient. He answers his own emails, within minutes and he believes in healing a person, rather than completing a case. I have referred people to him for help with chronic wounds and infection, and I have given his card to surgeons who can run into chronic wounds in their practices. I will continue to refer people to this very talented surgeon. What a blessing to have found him on referral. I thought that I could be doomed to tight compression in a wound center forever but that is NOT the case.
Terry P. – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Wouldn’t recommend!!Worst surgeon!! Botched breast augmentation, panni, abdominalplasty resulting in doctor forgetting to perform abdominalplasty during initial surgery. Left in tears after 5 surgeries. To add insult to injury 6th surgery to remove implants due to multiple suture openings breast not set properly and implant exposed!! This doctor only cares about money. Will leave you disfigured and then send you a letter blaming you for the mishaps and make false accusations saying you were rude to him and his office!! That is how he deals with avoiding the mess he leaves you in!! He will fire you from his office!! Over bill your insurance for surgical procedures not performed!! Kimberly his office assistant will assure you you are in good hands. Then she will treat you very rudely. Once you question this doctor as to correcting the mess, his time with you will become very short and Kimberly will come to his aide to cut your appointments short!! You have been warned!!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Lisa C – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Great work, great doctor!
Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Horrible office experience. 8:30 am appointment on a Friday.....Waited one hour for a consultation, which is what 10 minutes? Told them I had to leave by 9:30 and walked out not even seeing a doctor....maybe he doesn't exist? Rude staff and they took my $45 for nothing!!! Not professional at all.
Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
He is very responsive and competent regarding any kind of complications that come up. That's the good. I had a breast reduction and these are the reasons I would not recommend him. I was very clear about wanting to be "as small as possible", yet the amount of breast tissue he took out would qualify more as a lift, not a reduction. Except that my breasts are also not lifted. I only lost about 2 cup sizes and I also lost about 20 pounds since my surgery. When my concerns were brought up, he agreed to take out more tissue. Except he tried to resubmit to my insurance (why would they pay again?). My insurance denied and I haven't heard anything from his office. I wasn't even offered the chance to pay for a revision. My breasts also sit too close together, one is a little bigger than the other, and I have horrible scarring. I don't regret the surgery, but I regret having him do it. He is very competent, but does not listen to the patient's wishes. That is why I cannot rate him higher.
  • Long wait times
Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
I recently had surgery with many complications, and Dr. Jacobsen was wonderful! The complications were not due to anything on his part; my body just would not heal due to infections, etc, even though we were doing our very best to follow all directions. He was vigilant in my healing process, having me email him twice a day with pictures of my incisions and providing me feedback and direction. After multiple times on the operating table to open the incision and clean it up with the same results, he used a wound vacuum to help me heal. He even came in on a Saturday to change the wound vac as it was a holiday weekend and we couldn't get a nurse to come to the house . His office worked with my insurance and a medical company for a nurse to come to my house three times a week to help with this healing process. He is a true professional and showed nothing but compassion, expertise, and dedication. I will always be grateful to this doctor for his excellent care and to his office staff.
Debbie – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
I couldn’t be happier with my experience with Dr. J for my breast augmentation. Through my whole surgery experience I felt well taken care of, informed and comfortable. From consult to post op, Dr. J & his staff with wonderful. He listened and honored what I wanted and he delivered! I am 7 months post op and couldn’t be happier with my decision to have Dr Jacobsen preform my surgery!
Ashlie – Jan 18, 2020
Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
A few thoughts: Dr. J agreed that my left breast is now smaller than my right breast. He then said that this is normal in some woman. It has NEVER been normal for me, even prior to my first implants. Prior to surgery, you asked what size I wanted. My husband and I both said “larger" than what I had at that time. We weren’t shown a sample or told how many more cc’s you planned to add. You just said it will be proportional to my body size. At my visit in Sept. I was told I could now start wearing a regular bra. When I first put one of my bra’s on, the cup size was now too big on me. I have since had to be remeasured for a new bra. Prior to sx, my bra size was 38D. It is now 38C. At my last appt, Dr. J. asked me what I wanted. I replied I wanted my breasts to be redone. He led me to believe this would be done without additional charges. AFTER I left the office, he sent an email requiring me to PAY him again to fix the issues he CAUSED. Would NEVER recommend!
Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Dr Jacobsen did the closure and repairs after I had cancer removed from my nose. This was a very stressful event. He and his staff made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. Two weeks later I am very happy with the results. He is a very skilled surgeon. I didn't need to contact him afterward with any concerns, but I had very clear information about how to contact him if needed and what to expect after surgery. I was given plenty of information about what I should do to have the best possible outcome.
Mary – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Dr J. is a great surgeon and gives his complete attention to his work at hand. He listens and communicates and has a great bedside manner. His pricing is affordable with great results. Any questions or concerns you have are answered by Dr. J. himself. Which to me goes above and beyond. His staff is friendly and respectful. I would highly recommend this practice.
Janae Shoup – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
DR. J WAS GREAT! I HAD A RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY IN 2016 AND EVERYTHING WENT GREAT. MORE THAN LIKELY, ANYBODY WITH A COMPLAINT DID NOT DO WHAT HE SAID AND KNOW THEY ARE PAYING THE PIPER
JOE – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
No, No, No. I went to Dr. J to replace my breast implants of 25years. One was encapsulated and hard. His office got some partial financial relief through my insurance. But in the end it was not worth it. I was told the procedure was easy to replace the original implants. I was not offered the difference between silicone/saline feeling the doctor would know best. The old implants were silicone and new ones saline. Don't do saline if you can upgrade to silicone. On my first follow up I questioned the hardness of the breast with the encapsulation only to be told all was well and the breasts looked good. On subsequent follow ups it was the same. No concern for my concern. Long story short it has been 18 months and I have been uncomfortable with the results. Not wanting to go to for well women checks or mammograms. I now know they have all seen worse. I'm looking forward to another surgery to remove the scar tissue and corrective surgery. Dr. J is not your solution.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Judy – Aug 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Beware! This doctor over promises and under delivers!! When concerns/issues are brought up, he immediately gets defensive and his whole demeanor changes. Dr Jacobsen is a prideful, arrogant doc who lacks empathy and the ability to own up to his mistakes. Trust me, stay away!!!
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Great experience with Dr Jacobsen. I had a tummy tuck, breast lift with implant exchange and I am very happy with the results. Dr. J came to the hospital the night after I had the surgery to check on me. Very impressed. Dr J did a wonderful job and I will highly recommend him. "High Class" Doctor and office as well. Thank you. (01/10/19)
Ellie Proteasa in AZ – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
To Diane in Phoenix. Whoopee-do! If you don't want to be taken care of by an excellent, caring physician, go find one that doesn't have any patients. See how good they are!
Sharon in Surprise, AZ – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Kept me waiting for 55 minutes, with no end in sight.
Diane in Phoenix, AZ – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?
Dr. Jacobsen is “THE BEST DOCTOR” I have ever had in my life and boy, I have had dozens and dozens! After going to several doctors who would not operate on me and told me that I would probably die from my open wound, Dr. J took it on. He explained everything in layman’s terms and told me that it may take a couple of surgeries (he was correct, it took 3) to close it. I will always be indebted to Dr.J for his gentle, caring and compassionate manner in which he runs his practice and office.
Margaret M Diamond in Phoenix , AZ – Aug 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Jacobsen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jacobsen?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery