Dr. William Huntley, MD

Neurology •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Huntley

William W Huntley MD PA

1330 Pinehurst Rd Dunedin, FL 34698

Dr. William Huntley, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Dunedin, FL and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Huntley has more experience with Headache, Neurodegenerative Disorders, and Epilepsy than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Florida medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Mease Countryside Hospital and Mease Dunedin Hospital. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Huntley to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Huntley with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Largo Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Largo Medical Center today at (727) 258-5186.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Largo Medical Center.

Dr. Huntley's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Huntley

3.1

Dr. Huntley?
He was the hospital neurologist when I had a stroke. Sadly, he explained nothing. Said he’d come back the next day after another MRI with contrast since he would know more then. I was told by nurses he was in hospital and would come to see me to discharge. Instead, I received a phone call from another doctor at about 9 pm telling me I could be discharged. Left with no answers and LOTS of anxiety. I asked on discharge if I was supposed to follow up and was told he hadn’t left instructions for me to do that. Asked if I should wait for him until tomorrow....was told he wouldn’t be in. Luckily my family doctor recommended someone who explained everything! Shouldn’t that be a given....and reassurance...under that stressful situation? He MAY be a competent doctor, but he needs to be aware of his patients as a human, not just a chart.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
JZ – Sep 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
Dr. Huntley is wonderful he gets right down to the problem.
Jessie Johnson – Jun 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
This guy is the biggest, most unprofessional human being anyone can come in contact with. He came into my hospital room, began his exam by checking my reflexes and banging my leg with his little mallet type thing. (My leg was under a blanket and I just had surgery on it.) He was extremely rude and kept asking me questions, but cutting me off when I tried to respond. When I complained about him hitting my leg, he told me he was doing his job. Well DR. HUNTLEY, you were actually committing a battery (which is the unwanted touching by another). I get you are a medical professional, but you had no right to put your hands on me without my permission. After spending less than 5 minutes and billing me more than $300, you left the room as rudely as you entered. My roommate in the hospital told me she almost called security over your behavior towards me. I hope Kharma catches up to you, because you are more than deserving.
Melissa – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
Stay away. He has no bedside manner. Never bothered to call me about my husbands scan results. Never saw him at hospital or examine my husband. Told hospital staff I didn’t want him near my husband so we got a new neurologist.
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
Saw dr Huntley in hosp came in room appeared to be in a hurry did exam in 5 min I became very upset with the way I was treated if you don’t have enough time to spend with patient’s then don’t come at all will never recommend him.
Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
My husband has had 3 visits to Dr Huntley and we found him to be very kind and caring. He spent a great deal of time with us and answered all our questions. The office staff is superb.
Lynn – Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
Dr. Huntley helped my son years ago when he practiced in LaGrange, GA. He is very professional and my son and I loved him. Miss him. ~Lisa Hurst
Lisa Hurst in Nashville, TN – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor and his office.There are signs all over office and calls before your appointment that you are not allowed to see dr. if you have anything on that can be smelled which includes perfume, lotions or they can smell cigarettes smoke on you.Wait until you hear the crazy message they call you for your appointment reminder.Dr Huntley is NOT a professional...
Sophia Frost in Seminole, FL – Dec 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
Dr. Huntley is the best doctor and he takes care of his patients. HE TRULY CARES ABOUT EVERYONE HE SEES. I have had such fantastic care from him. If those who did not give him a great review, I take great issue with you. Maybe, he told you something you didn't want to hear; however, he is honest, and very kind. I would recommend him to any one in need of a great neurologist. His staff, Lisa, Jill, and Joanne, are wonderful and they go out of their way to help everyone. God bless Dr. Huntley.
Linda Vindal in Holiday, FL – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
I found Dr. Huntley very professional & respectful. We are dealing w/ possible dementia & family member is extremely difficult. Dr. Huntley & his staff are at the top of their game as far as we are concerned. Trust this Dr., I am grateful we were guided to him.
Em – Oct 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
I was in for my first appointment with Dr. Huntley and I would highly recommend him. He spent a great deal of time listening to me and offering his expertise. His is a very caring doctor and and I would recommend him highly!
Jean in CLEARWATER – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
After two years of cursory neurological care,I took my husband to Dr. Huntley. What a difference! Dr. Huntley immediately began to skillfully and methodically study and diagnose my husband’s debilitating symptoms. Doctor Huntley corrected misdiagnosed symptoms and removed drugs that were unnecessarily prescribed. He then was able to correctly identify the cause of my husband’s problems and has replaced our fears with hope for a healthy, active future. Thank you Dr. Huntley!
LaVon Burg in Tarpon Springs, FL – Oct 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
Office staff very friendly and compassionate. Dr. Huntley took his time with me. He answered all of my questions and made sure I understood what was happening. I had an abnormal MRA and was terrified. He even got on the phone with me when I scheduled the appointment after I had been told by my primary I had 2 aneurysms. That is unheard of and I greatly appreciated his kindness. He truly cares about his patients. Highly recommend!!!
Krystn in Dunedin,FL – Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
I'm sorry to say that I did not have the positive experience with Dr. Huntley as other reviewer's have said. He saw me as a consult patient in the hospital. His demeanor seemed very rushed., as though he had other things to do rather than seeing a patient in the hospital. He didn't spend more than 10 minutes with his "examination". I felt very uncomfortable during the whole procedure and do not have any confidence in this doctor.
Safety Harbor, FL – Oct 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
I was received very warmly and in an easy way by Dr. Huntley. Atmosphere was business like and we communicated well. We answered each others questions and I knew at all times how the interview was proceeding. I was made aware of exactly what to expect in the next visit. I liked him and trusted there would be an acceptable result.
Barbara L. Ottilie in Clearwater, FL – Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
Dr Huntley was the first Dr to get my sons siezures under control after suffering many siezures and seeing many Drs. We have been going to him for about 8 years now. We love his office staff which go out of their way to help . He has always been there for us!
Palm Harbor, FL – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
I experienced an ongoing battle with migraines and neurological changes. Dr. Huntley was very thorough, and compassionate while trying different regimens etc. While he is definitely busy and can come off as abrupt, he is extremely concerned about the well being of his patients. He goes beyond treating. He educates.
Tampa, FL – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
I tried to make an appointment for my wife who has MG. Her Dr. is no longer working at TGH / USF and she was looking for a new Dr. that would be closer. The receptionist was rude and told me to stay with the Dr.s that are there whom my wife is seeing and said that was the opinion of the office. All I can say is WOW. Not only was that rude it is also going to cost Dr Huntley a lot of money. Being that MG is an on-going treatment and very expensive too. I hope this gets to Dr Huntley.
Rickey in Tarpon Springs – Mar 10, 2017
Excellent, caring, and professional
Jack Attkisson in Oldsmar, FL – Oct 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?
I was in the hospital waiting to be seen by him and he only gave me 10 min of his time. I was in showing signs of a stoke with weakness on my right side, lose of vision on my right eye and no feeling on the right side of my face. I had trouble walking and trouble speaking. His answer was that it was headache related, when I had a stroke a year ago and everyone in the hospital said it was a stroke. He did not make me feel like I was worth his time and did not want to hear what I had to say.
Rob N in Palm Harbor, FL – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Huntley, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Huntley?

• Neurology