Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. William Hozack, MD
Dr. Hozack is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery. He has a worldwide reputation for excellence in hip and knee replacement surgery. Orthopaedic surgeons from around the world visit regularly to learn his techniques.

3300 Tillman Dr

Bensalem, PA 19020

• Amerihealth
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware
  • EmblemHealth
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Hozack

See how frequently Dr. Hozack performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Replacement
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Hozack's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Hip Pain
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Surgery
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Hozack has no media or publications listed.

• Orthopaedic Surgery, Professor

Dr. Hozack's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hozack to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hozack's Performance
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Hozack did a hip replacement for me in January 2016 and a knee replacement in January 2017. I have been completely satisfied with the outcome of both surgeries. In my personal conversations with him, he was always friendly and helpful.
Mount Laurel, NJ |
I requested Dr. Hozack for my hip replacement based on recommendations from several of his patients. I am fully satisfied with the evaluation, operation and follow-up preformed by Dr. Hozack. I would most certainly recommend him to anyone considering hip replacement.
Norristown, PA |
Had left total hip replacement December 2016 Results have been incredible. I would recommend Dr. Hozack and the Rothman Specialty Hospital in Bensalem with out question. One warning, he's all business!! If you are looking for someone to hold your hand, he may not be the right option for you. However, if you are looking for a world class surgeon, he's the right choice. Hands down!! Best medical decision I've ever made!!!
in Levittown, PA 19055 |
I came to the hospital at 5;30 am they prepared me for surgery. I woke up in recovery at 9:00 very little pain they got me up and walking the hall by 10:00 then a short break a snack and drink. Back up and walking this time up and down a flight of stairs another short break and back at it again. Oh this was a right side hip replacement. Dr. Hozak and his staff are the best . On a scale of 1 to 10 they get a 11 at 2:30 the same day I was discharged. I did my therapy over internet 3 weeks on job.
Glassboro, NJ |
Dr Hozack was great
in Brookhaven, PA |
From the first consultation to the last follow up visit, the whole experience was wonderful.. Nobody looks forward to surgery other than to be cured, but I would do it all over again if necessary with Dr. Hozack. I was walking the halls two hours after surgery and the old pain in my hip was gone. I am now nine months out and am walking completely normal with no pain. Everyone at the Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital in Bensalem was great. I highly recommend this facility.
in Whitehouse Sta NJ |
I have recommended Dr Hozack to many people. My experience was excellent with the whole process from beginning to end with his work and all those associated with my care when he replaced my knee.
I actually worked with Dr. Hozack in the OR many years ago. He was such a good surgeon all the nurses recommended him to family and friends if surgery was required. He did my fathers double hip replacement surgery and years later mine both with wonderful outcomes.
in Ridley Park, PA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Hozack to family and friends. I was able to get out of the hospital/surgical center the day of surgery, go back to work after 13 days, start ballet class less than a month after surgery, danced in a performance 2 mo after surgery and start swimming a month after surgery. I was able to do my physical therapy on line - so a savings for me in time and money. I like his approach, it is practical and allowed me to feel in control of my healing. Well done
in Reading |
An extremely gifted surgeon who surrounds himself with the very best staff and associates!
Philadelphia, PA |
Great technician but horrible doctor-patient relations. Never examined me with his hands, just x-rays. Only saw him preop visit and for a minute before surgery and five minutes after surgery. Inaccessible when having problems. Good technician but lousy physician
Dear Patient, We would love the chance to speak with you directly and gather more detail about your experience. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in Bernardsville, NJ |
Dr Hozack has replaced both of my hips and it was easier than getting my car fixed! I went in at 6am and went home, walking, that same afternoon. Dr Hozack is the best!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Hozack and Laura Woodward have provided me with outstanding medical care and support. Couldn't ask for any better. They are both superb in every way possible.
Philadelphia, PA |
Rothman Institute is a class operation! Dr. Hozack and his staff have been great and informative. They assist me with my issues and help me resolve them in a timely manner. I have recommended Dr. Hozack to my family and two have had their knees replaced.
in philadelphia, pa |
The world's greatest hip surgeon. 2012 left hip, 2016 rt hip. 1 night in hospital because I requested it, no rehab necessary...just walk, climb steps, normal activities. I feel great.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Hozack might be a wonderful surgeon BUT TERRIBLE follow up doc. Horrendous care-never saw him after the surgery. When I had complications 9 mo. after the surgery: not helpful. He gave no direction, was argumentative, left me stranded-said nothing you can do to avoid the sever pain- may come again or not; therapy wont help-nothing will-just the way it is.. I was devastated- I needed direction to help get better. Nurse Laura Woodward EXCELLENT so if you choose Hozack-be sure to find Laura!
Dear Patient, We would love to speak with you directly to gather more detail about your experience. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Your feedback is important to us. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Rochester, NY |
I had hip replacement surgery 9/2016. Dr. Hozack's surgical expertise and skill is beyond exemplary. Had I not had other (spine) complications, I would have needed no analgesic medication 48 hours following surgery. Having travelled from out of town in order for him to perform the surgery, I would have appreciated a bit more engagement from him (i.e. I did not get a post-op visit in the hospital at all).
Paulsboro, NJ |
Dr. Hozack does not see you after surgery.
in Burlington, Nj |
My first hip replacement was June 2014 second one was November 2015 and my first knee replacement is scheduled June 2016. Dr Hozack has/will perform all of these surgeries. I have add great success with all of my surgeries. His support staff, especially Laura Woodward, are phenomenal. I have and will continue to very highly recommend him and his staff! K. Hart
in Drexel Hill, PA |
Dr Hozack is a very good surgeon, I had a total hip replacement and am doing very well at 4 months post op. My first initial exam with Dr. Hozack was very reassuring, he took time to answer my questions and I felt at ease discussing what I considered to be a very scary surgery. He has a superb team consisting of a Physicians Assistant and Nurse Practitioner to handle the day today questions that come up and that is very helpful during the recovery.
Have you seen Dr. William Hozack, MD?

Visit Dr. Hozack