Dr. William Hooper, MD

Dr. William Hooper, MD

Pulmonary Disease  ·
Dr. William Hooper, MD is a pulmonologist in Encinitas, CA and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine in 1975 and specializes in pulmonary disease.Read his story

320 Santa Fe Dr Ste 107-B

Encinitas, CA 92024

• Arizona Foundation
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel
  • Delta Health System

Learn about Dr. Hooper

See how frequently Dr. Hooper performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Hooper's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hooper's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hooper "I have been practicing medicine since 1981. I graduated from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and trained in Internal Medicine at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal. I became Board Certified in Internal Medicine. I was accepted into a Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship program at the University of California, San Diego. I completed a Board Certification in both Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine. I joined the Faculty as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCSD. I was asked to join a private practice at Scripps Memorial Hospitals at La Jolla and Encinitas where I practiced Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine until 2005. During that era I also was the Pulmonologist and Intensivist at Thornton Hospital, UCSD, La Jolla, California during its initial launch as a local private hospital. In 2005 I joined my wife, Bonnie Hooper, ANP, who practices General and Cosmetic Dermatology. She is the best partner I have had in my career, I might add. In any event, we went into practice together on the campus at Scripps Memorial Hospital, in Encinitas and have a small, old style, comfortable practice. I now only function as a consultant in diseases of the chest and do not offer myself as a primary care practitioner nor do I provide Internal Medicine as a speciality. I am strictly a lung specialist and provide an outpatient consultative practice. While I consult with other lung specialists on my patients who are admitted to either Scripps Memorial Hospitals in La Jolla or Encinitas, I no longer manage their care directly in the hospital. Our office is a quite place and we take pride in providing what we believe is an appreciable difference for an outpatient experience with a personal and caring touch without a sense of being rushed by the patient. I hope you enjoy coming to visit us! Wm. Wayne Hooper, MD CM, FRCP, FACP, FCCP"

This content was provided by Dr. Hooper "Our practice strives to deliver a perceptible difference in patient care."

• Critical Care Medicine

• Bronchitis
  • Chest Disorders
  • Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases
  • Chronic Lung Diseases
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Pneumohemothorax
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonia Due to Pseudomonas
  • Pneumonitis
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Pulmonary Edema
  • Staphylococcal Pneumonia
  • Thrombosis
  • Viral Pneumonia
  • Wheezing

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of British Columbia

• Francis B. Parker Scholarship, 1978, 1979
  • University Of British Columbia Scholarships, 1967,1968,
  • Available upon request as a Curriculum Vitae.,
  • www.rsmghealth.com,

Dr. Hooper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hooper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hooper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hooper to family and friends

Dr. Hooper's Performance

Dr. Hooper Says:

Thank you for providing feedback that will be shared with others.

We are always striving to improve our patient's experience. Your opinions matter, are noted and acted upon.

If you have concerns, please contact our office directly and our friendly staff will aid you and deal with your issues.

One of the most remarkable, knowledgeable, intuitive physicians I have ever encountered. On my first visit he correctly diagnosed my condition, which was misdiagnosed by many previous primary and ER doctors I had seen. His sensitivity and calm nature, his ability to listen and understand distress...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very much like D Hooper. He spent quite bit of time answering all our question. He is not a big fan of prescribing unnecessary tests and medications.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He is awesome! And has a great sense of humor! What more could you ask for thx dr hooper your great!!! Very knowledgeable and kind! Takes time to listen and explain all your test results!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My primary doctor for the past 20 years, and he probably saved my life some years ago when he diagnosed my pneumonia with MRSA, and got me to the hospital right away. Another time he noticed a lump in my neck that turned out to be a thyroid problem that required surgery. His distinguishing...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
If you want the best in current, valid diagnosis and treatment, look no further. Dr. Hooper is just what I look for in medical care--an expert, a clear communicator, and a boost to positive thinking and positive outcomes.