Dr. William Harb, MD

Dr. William Harb, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  |

Dr. William Harb, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Harb is affiliated with Decatur County General Hospital, Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Tristar Centennial Medical Center.

The Colorectal Center

2011 Church St Ste 703

Nashville, TN 37203

Learn about Dr. Harb

Colorectal surgery is a narrow field. Thus, I am able to concentrate on a limited number of diseases/conditions. This allows me to stay abreast of what is new in my field. I care for problems that may be minor, but certainly don't seem minor to my patients! And I also care for patients with complex cancers, such as colon and rectal cancer. I enjoy talking to people and getting to know my patients. This allows me to match the right treatment to the right patient. While the majority of my practice time is spent in downtown Nashville, I also see patients in Cool Springs, as well as in Parsons at Decatur County General Hospital.

Dr. Harb's Experience

Dr. Harb's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectal Surgery
  • Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sphincterotomy

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Tennessee
  • MD Anderson Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • West Penn/Allegheny General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Harb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harb's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harb to family and friends
Dr. Harb Says:

A positive patient experience is extremely important to me. I realize and understand that no one wants to visit a colorectal surgeon. Patient education is a key part of our new patient visit. I believe it is my responsibility to assist each patient in fully understanding their diagnosis and treatment plan--which is why I am dedicated to taking the additional time.

Dr. Harb's Performance
Brentwood, TN |
Have seen Dr. Harb for both a colonoscopy and hemoriodectomy. Cheerful, knowledgeable and skilled. Tried banding several years ago for hemmoriods, but my condition was too advanced for that approach. Put off surgery for years, but relented this summer. Got all the information I needed in advance and the procedure went easy peasy. Not the most enjoyable procedure to recover from, but staff and doctor were readily available with medications and answers to questions. Wish I had done this sooner.
in Leoma, TN |
I chose Dr. Harb because of the reviews and ratings of this website. I am so happy I researched and found him. He is a kind, compassionate, and very skilled surgeon. The office staff and the nurses are also wonderful.
Nashville, TN |
Okay, so no one wants to ever have to go to this kind of doctor's office, if they don't have to. However, this staff (Dr Harb, his nurse, the office manager and the scheduler) were ALL so nice. They made me feel very at ease and did a great job explaining things. I would highly recommend them.
in Webb |
Dr. William Harb has been my doctor for several months now. This is a wonderful man that actually cares for his patients. I drive an hour and a half to see him and it is definitely worth it. He is working to correct a problem that no other doctor has been able to solve. I told him at my last visit I wish he was also a GP so he could be my primary physician. I have to say he is such a kind man, very reassuring, and is able to laugh and joke and then talk to me like a person.
Clarksville, TN |
r. William Harb performed a hemorrhoidectomy on me, and he is an incredible Doctor and Surgeon.He was friendly, easy to talk to, and empathetic to my concerns. It was after I went in to surgery, and after surgery, I discovered just how skilled he was.. I was up and moving within a week, and virtually pain free in 10 days. In recovering from surgery, a skilled surgeon makes all the difference, and Dr Harb was amazing. I highly recommend him to anyone who is having rectal issues.
Shepherdsville, KY |
Had an overgrown rectal yeast infection and waited 30 min. in exam rm. After a quick look, he was already out the door before I could ask about something for the extreme pruritis I had been going thru for 5 days. I ended up having to call back to his office for more of the medicine which was not getting rid of the yeast infection and kept me from sleeping and daily activities due to the pain from itching. His nurse did the prescribing not him.
Decatur, GA |
Dr. Harb and his staff are amazing. I was a bit anxious about my appointment, and they all put me at ease. My husband had visited Dr. Harb a few years before. He not only checked on how my husband was doing, but made sure he had what he needed to be healthy and well. His rapport with patients is wonderful. I felt comfortable and in good hands. I would highly recommend him.
in Lewisburg, KY |
I was so nervous when I went to see Dr. Harb I was literally shaking! His nurse was terrific and told me I would love Dr. Harb. And she was absolutely right. He was so kind and explained everything to me in wording I could understand. When I get nervous I tend to forget what a doctor has already told me and he was so patient and kind when I repeated a concern he had already addressed. I would definitely recommend him to anyone I know!
Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Harb gave me my life back. I was unknowingly misdiagnosed with hemorrhoids by a GP over 3 years ago. I have a very high pain tolerance, but in January 2017 the pain became unbearable and I realized it was past time to get a second opinion. I am so happy I saw Dr. Harb. He is both professional and personable and a very skilled surgeon. I was told I had a chronic fissure and required a sphincterotomy. The surgery was a huge success!! Wish I'd seen him sooner! Thank you Dr. Harb!!
Mount Juliet, TN |
I had terrific results with Dr. Harb and the banding procedure. Dr. Harb is very attentive. He listened to me and I followed his plan. I was miserable by the time I finally met Dr. Harb, and now I cannot express how happy I am. I recommend Dr. Harb as highly as I can. He and his staff are amazing people. Thank Heaven there are doctors like him!
in primm springs Tn |
Dr Harb is a excellent physician. He makes you feel that he cares.I felt very comfortable from the first time I walked into his office. His office staff is very efficient.His nurse always called me back when I had a question.My surgery went well without any major complications. I would recommend Dr Harb to anyone who needs a Colon Doctor.He has made my life much better.
in Manchester, TN |
I asked my doctor who he would go to if he was in my place. Dr. Harb. Period. I am blessed to have been in his care and highly recommend him to all.
in Jonesboro, AR |
I had much more to say but limited to 500 characters! In a summary, Dr. Harb is an A+ physician in every way! His knowledge, his gift in making a patient feel comfortable in uncomfortable exams/discussions are second to none. His expertise has literally turned my life around!!! I traveled over 300 miles to see him for my condition and would travel a thousand if necessary. His medical personal and office staff are excellent. Dr. Harb, I cannot thank you enough. Don't change or leave!BErwin
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Harb was awesome. Moved here from out of state and had an issue and they got me in immediately. The offer staff is incredible. Dr. Harb took time to talk with me and his bedside manner for uncomfortable issues is just great. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Was extremely impressed with him.
Schererville, IN |
After suffering for quite awhile, I was referred by my PLP to Dr. Bill Harb, colorectal specialist. I met with Dr. Harb, who provided a QUICK DIAGNOSIS, TIMELY TREATMENT & FOLLOW-UP. I was extremely impressed with Dr. Harb's medical skills, and more so with his personal interaction and bedside manner (warm, assuring, confident). In addition to all, I now consider Dr. Harb a friend. -Tandy Holmes
in Spring Hill Tn |
He gave me my life back ! I had been dealing with fissures for over 2years my GP could help no further they reco i see a specialist I asked for a female Dr. reco. Well let me tell you what a bad experience.. she had a horrible bedside manner and her staff was terrible. I researched and found Dr Harb the best thing i could have ever done. my first visit i knew i made the right choice very compassionate had surgery last wk had a great experience pain is totally gone. I'm back living my life again!
in Nashville, TN |
Thank you Dr. Harb! Dr Harb is very kind and compassionate. Made me feel like I was talking to a friend. He did an excellent job on my hemorrhoid bandings and I feel so much better. Sara Melissa
Sparta, TN |
Everyone in Dr. Harb's office was a joy to work with. His staff is efficient and well organized. Our questions were fully answered. We left the appointment knowing we were in the best hands. The surgery was very successful. Recovery was quick and without complications. The hospital stay was also very nice. I would give Dr.Harb and St. Midtown an A+++
Hendersonville, TN |
Dr Harb is a wonderful doctor with excellent bedside manners. He truly cares for his patients. I would highly recommend him if you are in a situation where you need to choose a doctor with his expertise.
in Paris, TN |
Dr. Harb is a very caring and personable surgeon. He listens and has a great bedside manner. His surgical ability is excellent. He was able to do my procedure laparoscopically which wasn't even at option in my home town. The surgery was supposed to take 3-4 hours and he was done and talking with my family in 2.5 hours. My recovery went extremely well and I was discharged 2 days before the planned date. HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. HARB!!
in Nashville, TN |
Excellent, through, and compassionate-I had a serious hemorrhoid problem that my primary care Dr. did nothing about. I went and searched for an excellent Dr. and I was fortunate to find Dr, Harb. Once he examined me he solved my problem immediately!!
Have you seen Dr. William Harb, MD?
Are you Dr. Harb?