Dr. William Hammesfahr, MD

Dr. William Hammesfahr, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. William Hammesfahr, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in The Villages, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

1950 Laurel Manor Dr Ste 206

The Villages, FL 32162

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hammesfahr

See how frequently Dr. Hammesfahr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ataxia
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Peripheral Nerve Disorders

Dr. Hammesfahr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Confusion
  • Dementia
  • Epilepsy
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)

• EMG (Electromyography)

• Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Med College Of La
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Hammesfahr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hammesfahr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hammesfahr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hammesfahr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hammesfahr to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Hammesfahr's Performance
    GOOD
in Lady Lake, FL |
I want to say after going to 2 neurologists before Dr Hammesfahr all I can say is WOW, what a relief meeting him on a recommendation from my family doctor. He knows his stuff and he got right down to business with me. He made room In his schedule to get moving forward with me. He knew his stuff, when one thing didn't so good results he had more treatments to pick from. Dr. Hammesfahr is the real deal.
in Lady Lake, FL |
Dr. Hammesfahr is caring and understanding. A Doctor who will go above and beyond for his patients. I was in a car accident 5 years ago and all Doctors gave up on me except Dr. H, he has tried everything to make me comfortable and sends me to the best places to help me. Many times I felt like I could never have a day without migraines or unreal pain but I am on an upswing thanks to Dr. H. without him I would be no more then a shell of a person. I now can enjoy my 2 year old grandson. Thank you
in Lady Lake, FL |
As a nurse of 41 years I have seen and worked with many MD's. Dr Hammesfahr is the most impressive physician i have seen in decades. He is personable, easy to talk to and he explains things in a manner that is easily understood. His vast knowledge base of current treatments, both traditional and alternative, gives him the ability to provide the most appropriate treatment in every instance. I have witnessed his provision of care for others and was so impressed i chose him for my healthcare needs.
in Ocala, FL |
I was in a car accident and with having nerve damage Dr Hammesfahr was able to work me into his schedule. He was very through on getting me started on his treatment and I've seen major improvement with his treatment. He does know what he's talking about and makes sure you understand how and why his treatment will work. I recommend him to all my family and friends.
in Ocala fl |
I want to say that Dr hammesfahr is a great doctor who diagnosed me and took his time with my care. I can't say enough about his bedside manor he really does care about his patients. Thank you so much for all you have done for me as a person. You have me hope all doctors are like you.
The Villages, FL |
Dr. Hammesfahr is amazing! After having a stroke in 2016, every doctor pretty much said my nursing career was over. He took a whole person approach to my care with the goal of helping me regain the ability to function as a productive member of the healthcare family. He opened his office on a Saturday morning just to see me! I entered unable to say much more than "yes" or "no" or walk unsupported. I left able to speak small sentences and am now able to function near my prior level.
in Oviedo,,Florida |
He was the only neurologist who understood the treatment for my stroke.. He was friendly and Truly listened to me. I highly recommended him.
Have you seen Dr. William Hammesfahr, MD?
Are you Dr. Hammesfahr?

Visit Dr. Hammesfahr

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Hammesfahr accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Pediatric Neurology