Dr. William Giakas, MD

Dr. William Giakas, MD

Adolescent Psychiatry | Male | 54 years old

Dr. Giakas specializes in Adolescent Psychiatry and practices in Rockford, IL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Giakas? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Giakas' Experience

See how Dr. Giakas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Giakas

Experience with Dr. Giakas
Dr. Giakas' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (32)
Rockford, IL |
everyone has been great, esp. the dr. and Cindy
the staff is super.
in Cherry Valley, IL |
He is very knowledgeable about drug interactions and treatments. He is kind and considerate with his patients. He is very good communicating with the whole family. He treats you with respect.
in Rochelle, IL |
Dr. Giakas is an amazing psychiatrist. He gets the diagnosis right and knows how to use medications. His office staff are professional and helpful, and they are always there to help.
Chicago, IL |
VERY PROFESSIONAL AND IS CARING
in Rockford Il |
The staff was very friendly and professional. They were kind and very polite. Angie the A.P.N was very knowledgeable both in medications and counseling. My counselor Anita made it very easy to talk about anything that was going on. I did not have a problem discussing things with her. She has help me with my anger anxiety and my depression. She gave me a lot of ideas to work to work on everything including daily life things. Thanks to the entire staff
in Rockford Il |
I thought that everyone in the office was very helpful and very professional. They were all polite. The counselor I seen Anita Thomas was very nice made me feel very comfortable and was very interested in what had to say. She was very helpful and gave me a lot of great ideas to help with everything
in Rockford, IL |
I've been seeing Dr. Giakas for about 24 years. He helped me through issues that have kept me alive, literally! He is smart, personable, compassionate. He amazes me! I was already a patient when Cindy joined the practice. What a true asset she has been! When she has needed to be firm, she has always done so respectfully. She has a wonderful personality and compassion for people! Anita is my therapist. We have connected well. I feel cofortable with her, and I trust her. I , truly, love them!
in South Beloit Il. |
I thought everyone in the entire office was very professional and everyone was very kind and polite. I also thought my counselor Anita Thomas was very helpful with everything. She made me feel very comfortable and had some great ideas.
in Rockford, il |
I am greeted and treated very well from when I started and now, after getting better and stable. The staff up front are professional yet personal (Cindy and Peggy). They are helpful with scheduling to meet my schedule and answer all billing questions I have had. Dr. Giakas is so smart where other Doctors couldn't get my meds right, he has. He went to some big school like Harvard or Cornel-something like that. He helps older people too and is down to earth. Every one should go.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Giakas has been my psychiatrist for many years. I would't go anywhere else. Cindy has been most helpful with any questions that I have had with scheduling and billing. Friendly atmosphere, and I highly recommend them!
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Giakas provides top-notch care. Best in the Rockford Area. So happy he's my doctor.
in Rockford, IL |
I have received treatment from many other psychiatrist both in Rockford and Chicago, and Dr. G is the best! He knows what he's doing.
in Chicago, IL |
Excellent care and he listens and figures out your problems.
in Yorkville il |
I have been a patient of Dr. Giakas for 4 years. I have been billed incorrectly multiple times and the office staff has been rude and unresponsive to my question most of the time. If Dr. Gaikas himself was a effective psychiatrist this would be acceptable however this has not been my experience of him. I have brought medicine related concerns to Dr. Gaikas's attention on several occasions during the 15 times or so I have seen him. Dr. Gaikas has not treated my concerns with interest or respect.
in Rockford , IL |
I am a patient in Dr Giakis' practice. I have not seen him but I think that's great. I'd rather see the nurse practitioner and a therapist than waste the time of a psychiatrist. The NP I see (Colette) has been excellent. I'm not terribly impressed with all of the office staff but have been satisfied with my therapist. My wait time review reflects my therapist and NP visits as I have not see the doctor.
in Rockford, IL |
My first 4 appointments he came in 20 minutes after my appointment time and no apology. My 5th (and FINAL) appointment I waited until 15 minutes after my appointment time and left. I told the receptionist why I was leaving and that I will be finding a new doctor, no apologies again. She said Alright, I will let him know, thank you. The receptionist then called me 20 minutes after I left and said, Dr Giakas wanted me to call and apologize and said he can see you now. Unacceptable!
Loves Park, IL |
Doctor Giakas is ALWAYS late for appointments, never apologizes and has you out the door as quickly as possible. The Nurse Practitioners are always on time and wonderful to work with, but Doctor Giakas cares about his bottom line, not his patients.
in Rockford, IL |
His staff talk about confidential patient information in front of other people, which is super unethical. Some of my friends who see him say they've been at his practice for years and have never once seen him for a personal appointment. He just has his nurses do all the work for him.
Have you seen Dr. William Giakas, MD?
Are you Dr. Giakas?

Compare Dr. Giakas

Dr. Giakas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Forensic Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry

Dr. Giakas has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Giakas' Board Certifications

• Forensic Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Yale University Department Of Psychiatry

Completed in 1992

Cornell University

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Giakas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giakas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Forensic Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.