Dr. William Gaines, MD

Dr. William Gaines, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. William Gaines, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Auburn, MA and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University in 1983 and specializes in internal medicine.Read his story

35 Millbury St

Auburn, MA 01501

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Gaines

Dr. Gaines' Experience

Dr. Gaines' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Gaines' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gaines "It was Dr. William Gaines' hometown pediatrician who served as the role model who set him on the path to becoming a doctor. "He was just a wonderful person whose caring, expertise, and ability to reach out to others I really wanted to emulate," Dr. Gaines explains. During medical school, however, Dr. Gaines decided to become an internist rather than a pediatrician. "After a while, I realized that general pediatricians are, fortunately, caring for generally healthy children. Older people, of course, accumulate more physical problems, the understanding and treatment of which served to better satisfy my medical and intellectual curiosity." As a doctor of internal medicine, Dr. Gaines spends a lot of time partnering with his patients to help them manage their illnesses. "Unfortunately, no matter how much we try, we still can't cure a host of medical problems including diabetes, hypertension, and coronary artery disease – yet – but these illnesses can be effectively treated and controlled with appropriate medications, procedures and lifestyle modifications. It's important that patients and their doctors work together on these problems in order for patients to be as healthy as they can be." Dr. Gaines has been practicing internal medicine since 1986, and clearly enjoys working in Auburn. "The people that we serve have been very appreciative of the care that we provide, and I have been fortunate to develop trusting long term relationships with many of my patients and their families. In addition, because I work with a great group colleagues here in Auburn, I have the utmost confidence that my patients are well cared for when I am away from the office. My fellow internists, advanced practitioners and the support staff who work with us, as well as my specialty colleagues throughout Reliant Medical Group constitute a great group of people who are dedicated to patient care. I like to tell my patients that you don't just have me taking care of you, you have the whole team." According to Dr. Gaines, many new medical technologies have really benefited patients. "There's no doubt that the quality of patient care and comfort has been increased through the use of high-tech imaging, laparoscopic surgery, as well as the ability of patients to self-monitor and self-treat chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension. We'll see even more advances in the future, and the key will be making the most effective use of new technology and treatments as they continue to evolve, in the context of strong and trusting doctor-patient relationships." When not busy treating patients in Auburn, Dr. Gaines enjoys running, skiing, playing softball and other sports. Dr. Gaines is a big baseball fan, following the Red Sox very closely. When he can find the time, he enjoys listening to jazz music. "I really love 'classical jazz,' the music of composers and performers like Duke Ellington, who influenced so many others.""

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Rhode Island Hospital Lifespan

Dr. Gaines has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gaines does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gaines and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gaines' Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gaines to family and friends
7 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Gaines' Performance

GOOD

If I could give zero stars I would. Very poor bed side manner. I went because I wasn't feeling well, and came out feeling worse! What kind of doctor curses at their patients? His only agenda is to be right and doesn't actually care about treating the patient. He doesn't believe in using...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Gaines?