Dr. William Frisella Jr, MD

Dr. William Frisella Jr, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. William Frisella Jr, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Saint Peters, MO. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Read his story

112 Piper Hill Dr Ste 9

Saint Peters, MO 63376

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Frisella Jr

See how frequently Dr. Frisella Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
Shoulder Disorders
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Frisella Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Frisella Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Frisella Jr "Dr. W. Anthony Frisella is a fellowship-trained shoulder surgeon and is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. He has been a partner at Advanced Bone and Joint since 2007. Dr. Frisella is an expert in problems of the shoulder, especially rotator cuff tears, arthritis, and sports injuries. He also treats problems of the elbow, wrist, and hand. His guiding principle is to treat patients as he would his own family. Dr. Frisella grew up in St. Peters, Missouri. He graduated with high honors from Harvard University in 1995 and attended medical school at Washington University in St. Louis where he received multiple awards, including the Robert Carter Medical School Award. After his residency training at the University of Iowa, he completed an additional year of specialized fellowship training in shoulder surgery at Beth Israel Medical Center in in New York City in 2007. Dr. Frisella is the only fellowship-trained shoulder surgeon practicing in St. Charles County. His specialized training and expertise allow him to deliver modern, high quality care to his patients. Dr. Frisella is active in shoulder teaching and research. He continues to publish and give talks about the shoulder, and often serves as an instructor, teaching other surgeons new techniques in shoulder surgery. He has spoken both at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery and the Arthroscopy Association of North America on cutting edge shoulder procedures and instructed other surgeons in new arthroscopic techniques. He has published papers, book chapters, and given national talks on rotator cuff repair and published research improving the outcomes of shoulder replacement. "

This content was provided by Dr. Frisella Jr "My approach is simple: treat patients as I would want my own family treated. This philosophy allows me to provide cutting-edge treatment options for the best results, but also to approach problems cautiously and to avoid surgery when possible."

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Neuropathy
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Elbow
  • Shoulder Tendinitis
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Surgery
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Glenoid Labrum Repair
  • Shoulder, Elbow, Hand, and Wrist Joint Replacement
  • Tendon Repair
  • Tendon Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Harvard Medical School

• Factors Influencing the Outcome of Shoulder Arthroplasty, 2007
  • Basics of Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair, 2007
  • Early Failure of Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair, 2008

• French

Dr. Frisella Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frisella Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Frisella Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frisella Jr to family and friends
Dr. Frisella Jr's Performance
in Hermann MO |
Dr. Frisella is way too short, Looks way too young, and (according to my wife), is way too good looking to be as good a surgeon as he is. His manner is very upbeat and confident. He explains very clearly what he can and cannot do. I appreciate that kind of approach from a doctor. From the first time I talked with him I had the utmost confidence in him. Except for a couple anxious moments in pre-op, (until he explained to me "exactly why" he was wearing muck boots), he had me totally at ease.
in WARRENTON MISSOURI |
Dr. Frisella is AWESOME. He is so understanding, explained every thing he did in detailed. Explained to me and my wife on the MRI, what was what. After my surgery he called to see how I was doing. I would HIGHLY recommend him.
in Wentzville, MO |
Had to have surgery for my shoulder. I had great success with the surgery! Appointments are easy to get and you are not sitting in the waiting room for more than 5 min (including time to register). HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
St Charles, MO |
What a kind and caring doctor! Answered all of the questions I had and made me feel at ease from start of treatment thru surgery and follow up. Hopefully I don't see him again but if I needed to I would!
Chesterfield, MO |
Dr. Frisella is great! He really listened to me and went above and beyond to help me return to work...He even called them personally to help move things along quicker! Can't say enough good things about him!
in St Peters, MO |
On 12/17/2017, Dr. Frisella preformed reconstruction surgery to my right shoulder for a injury that other doctors said could not be repaired. Five days after my surgery by Dr. Frisella I had not pain in my shoulder and no longer needed medication. The swelling went down in my shoulder after two weeks and after five weeks I began to regain movement and use of my right arm again. At six weeks I am beginning physical Therapy. I can't thank Dr. Frisella enough for what he has done for me.
in St. Peter's MO |
If I would have known how much better my shoulder would feel after surgery I would have done it years ago. Dr Frisella did a wonderful job on my shoulder and I would recommend him to anyone.
in St. Charles, MO |
Dr. Frisella performed an AC resection on my shoulder and I had a great result. He can articulate complex medical procedures in laymen's terms which put me at ease.
Lake Saint Louis, MO |
Dr. Frisella has always been friendly, pleasant and helpful. Never makes me feel unimportant or that my issues are not worth addressing.
in St Louis, MO |
Outstanding! I was unsure what to expect but Dr. Frisella and his staff have been excellent. Dr. Frisella is extremely talented and his skill has been evident though the quick recovery I have experienced. He took the time to explain what was wrong, what my options were and what to expect with treatment. Any and all questions I had were answered quickly and thoroughly. I highly recommend Advanced Bone and Joint, especially Dr. Frisella.
in St Charles, MO |
Dr. Frisella is extremely knowledgeable, capable, proficient and effective. He made my surgery a priority and from that point on kept us very informed and answered all our questions (I'm an engineer so I have a lot of questions). He was consistently open, honest and positive through the entire year-long recovery process. I have resumed all my activities with no limitations.
in St Louis, MO |
Very knowledgeable and informative.
in St. Peters Mo 63376 |
After surgery my shoulder feels as good as new With the great job Dr Frisella did and physical therapy I feel I'm back to normal Thank you again !!
in St. Peters, MO |
Great surgeon. I've had two successful surgeries in the last three months. Honest with great bedside manner.
St Peters, MO |
dr. frisella was rushed, appeared put-off, and was unwilling to investigate anything once it was determined there was no need for surgery. his lack of interest was evident 10 seconds into the 2 minutes he spent with me.
I take this comment seriously and regret that I appeared rushed and put off. I try to listen to every patient's concerns and perspective and clearly, on the day you visited, I failed. I offer you my sincere apology.
Have you seen Dr. William Frisella Jr, MD?

Visit Dr. Frisella Jr

Dr. Frisella Jr accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO