Dr. William Facibene, MD

Dr. William Facibene, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. William Facibene, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in New Hyde Park, NY. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

1999 Marcus Ave Ste 102

New Hyde Park, NY 11042

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Facibene

See how frequently Dr. Facibene performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hands
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
Hand Conditions

Dr. Facibene's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Allegheny Gen Hospital
  • In University School Of Med
  • Long Island Jewish Med Center

Dr. Facibene has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Facibene does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Facibene and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Facibene's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Facibene to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Facibene's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Valley Stream, NY |
I'm not surprise seeing some of these reviews after the experience I had. I had some questions regarding my copayment and the staff was beyond rude they were downright nasty! told me I could leave! Dr. came out in a very arrogant manner and told his mavens to call the cops on me! Really BecUse they didn't like my questions? I absolutely couldn't believe this behavior from a medical professional and his staff it's absurd and he shouldn't even be able to practice medicine what an animal !
in Norhtport |
Dr. Facibene and his staff were absolutely incredible. I love how much they care and how promptly they took care of me. After the ganglion cyst was removed from my left wrist, I had no swelling almost no discomfort and needed no physical therapy. Now that's what a called a first class expert....thank you Dr.. Facibene. Gigi F.
Brooklyn, NY |
Reviews are right on with how disrespectful and unprofessional the staff can be . I just had a hand injury and I have been stressing about calling this doctor and having to deal with the 2 1/2 to 3 hour wait, mind you this is regardless of whether it's a first time appointment or a follow up and that god awful staff of his. By the way if you complain to him nothing happens and he dismisses it . If anyone finds a good doctor please post name! Needless to say I'm looking for somewhere else.
New Hyde Park, NY |
I wanted to like Dr. Facibene, I really did. He is very knowledgable and his bed side manner is decent. However, his staff, specifically that god awful woman running his office Sue, ruined it for me, and probably everyone else in the waiting room. She is beyond unprofessional and rude to patients and staff. This woman does not belong anywhere near patients, she is dismantling this doctors business and completely trashing his practice. STAY AWAY.
Stamford, CT |
Recently I had surgery on my left hand. The process from initial visit with Dr. Facibene, to the post-surgery visit went smoothly and timely. Dr. Facibene is highly competent, relates well to his patients, and takes the time to address your concerns/answer all of your questions. The office staff is accommodating and professional, too!
in Whitestone, NY |
Dr. Facibene and his Staff are what a doctor's office should be all about. Knowledgeable , Professional Courteous and Clean. I highly recommend you use his services. By the way the location, building and abundant parking makes the experience that much easier..
Bronx, NY |
I had read a lot about his "evil" office staff on other review sites. I found the entire crew very pleasant and engaging. No attitudes were present. I am posting this review to have a positive experience reflected. Oh, the Dr. was good too.
in Cedarhurst, NY |
Dr. Facibene has a warm and friendly staff. I felt like I was a member of the family. Dr. Facibene's examination was thorough, and the whole experience in his office was very professional. I received excellent care!
The office staff is incompetent and disrespectful. At one of my office visits a staff member handed the doctor the chart and Xrays of another patient with a similar name. That could have been a major problem. A member of the office staff that I have dealt with has been outright rude and disrespectful and has hung up the phone on me. I was satisfied with the doctor. Unfortunately, I will not return to see him due to the imcompetency and behavior of the staff.
Great Neck, NY |
The other patients' comments about the staff are right on. I kept expecting Nurse Ratchett to show up at any moment. I think they all need psychiatric treatment. I wanted to like Dr. Facibene but I found his conduct unprofessional and close to malpractice. After waiting over an hour to see him without my clothes, he gave me a 2 min exam and then disappeared. When Nurse Ratchett came into the room I said I had some questions for the Dr. and she said he had already moved onto another patient.
in Freeport, NY |
I have been going to Dr Facibene for over 15 years and I would highly recommend him! He has a wonderful personality, with spot on diagnosis for me every time so far! Always makes you feel comfortable, explains everything he is going to do, step by step. Great Doctor! His staff are very polite besides!
in Merrick, NY |
Doctor is ok. Staff is terrible. Never waited less then an hour for a visit. Lady in office Chris is the furthest from professional and on numerous occasions. When I told her I showed up 20 min before my visit and been waiting an hour and a half she told me "you can go to a different doctor if you have a problem." Never been talked to like that before! She was unpleasant the first time, 2nd time she said that. There won't be a 3rd time.
in Merrick, NY |
Doctor is ok. Staff is terrible. Be ready to wait in the waiting room for at least an hour. Office worker Chris is the furthest thing from pleasant and understanding..... she also stated "if you have a problem your more then welcome to go to another doctor" .... never been talked to like that before. So that's what I did I went to the hospital of special surgery and the experience I had couldn't have been better.
in Flushing, NY |
He is lovely but his office staff is a nightmare. They are rude especially Cris. They were disgusting over the telephone as I tried to schedule an appointment for my husband. They were unprofessional and in attack mode. I felt as if I was in the twilight zone. I asked how I could file a complaint about the office staff and their lack of professionalism and the response was if you come in to speak with the doctor we will escort you out. Very bizarre. I hope the Dr. Is safe.
New York, NY |
Doctor seemed very competent and has a warm personality. A few weeks later when I had a problem with a procedure he performed that was beginning to look infected, I requested a return visit. His office suggested I go to an emergency room. I asked if there was any possibility to get in to see him over a window of a period of days. A curt no was the response and the staffer repeated go to an emergency room. My experience was that I felt dismissed and discarded.
New York, NY |
Dr. Facibene is an excellent physician. He is very courteous and knowledgeable. He takes the time to explain everything and therefore an exemplary orthopedist. His staff, on the other hand, is very unprofessional. They refuse to answer any questions and to even let me talk to the doctor. They resort to ridiculing and mocking. On 3 separate occasions I've had to wait 2-2.5 hours to see the doctor. However, when the tables are turned, they are totally unwilling to work around schedules.
Long Beach, NY |
Left the practice. My son was his patient 2 years ago, each visit we waited an average of 90 min. Brought my other son this year, and it was the same deal, ridiculously long waits, staff that could care less. Dr. Facibene was also wishy-washy with his treatment options. Finally found a real surgeon who respected our time, was efficient and excellent at Hospital of Special Surgery.
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Facibene and his office staff. Very greedy and does not care about his patients at all.
The staff were extremely friendly, communicative and accommodating. Dr. Facibene was thorough, warm and friendly and immediately established a nice rapport with my son. We were forwarned that we may have a wait and it was not extensive as others previously commented; about 1 hour wait. We were very satisfied!
Have you seen Dr. William Facibene, MD?
Are you Dr. Facibene?

Visit Dr. Facibene

Dr. Facibene accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO