Dr. William Cooney, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 48

Telehealth services available

Orthopaedic & Spine Center Of The Rockies

1610 Dry Creek Dr Ste 200 Longmont, CO 80503

Dr. William Cooney, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Longmont, CO and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Cooney has more experience with Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery and Knee & Lower Limb Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Good Samaritan Medical Center and Longmont United Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cooney to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Cooney with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at North Suburban Medical Center.

Make an appointment at North Suburban Medical Center today at (303) 997-0215.

These providers are on the medical staff of North Suburban Medical Center.

Dr. Cooney's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cooney

Dr. Cooney

Dr Cooney is very confident and thorough. I have seen him off and on for many years. He is the best.
Sep 12, 2021
Surgery follow-up
Jim Dottavio – Mar 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Supremely knowledgeable, works very hard to be thorough and attentive for the patient.
Youth sports dad – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
I was worked into see dr Cooney the day I called for my condition. He was very through in reviewing my condition and informing me of possible prognosis. Condition return and again I was scheduled immediately and my re-evaluation and treatment w Has begun. The whole staff was very concerned, professional and caring.
Karen – Feb 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr. Cooney reattached my torn bicep to my forearm in 2012 and I had a fast and complete recovery. Eight years later, I tore my other bicep and had him repair it as well. Again, the surgery was successful, and I was back to living my life in full after a normal recovery period. Both experiences exceeded my expectations as Dr. Cooney and staff held my best interests at heart. Everyone in the office was very pleasant and they cared about how I was feeling while working to get me repaired and recovered. I am thankful to have worked with the professional staff at Front Range Orthopedics. I would return, knowing I will receive quality treatment and a complete recovery to get back to living an active life.
Todd – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr Cooney he did a good job at letting me know about the damage to my knee and he explained the procedure that he is going to do not like my first experience with the other doctor
Joyce Gallagher – Jan 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
I did a lot of research for knee surgeons and I’m so glad I ended up working with Dr. Cooney. I had a lot of pain in my right knee and ended up having an arthroscopy (after months of PT that resulted in more pain). He found a variety of issues during my scope and now I feel amazing. Dr. Cooney was very straightforward which I appreciated. He also wanted to make sure I managed my expectations. I feel really lucky to have found a surgeon I could completely trust and was an expert in his field.
Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
I'm 13 days total hip post op. THRILLED so far. I've had some level of pain for quite some time so am super excited about this recovery. I would and have recommended Dr. Cooney to anyone looking for a no nonsense extraordinary orthopedic surgeon and team.
Susan Burton – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr. Cooney is a very smart, compassionate professional. He quickly diagnosed a torn quadriceps tear I suffered and had me in surgery the next day to repair the damage. Follow has been excellent and his talented team has been incredibly supportive and responsive. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic care.
Scott Converse – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr. Cooney did my knee replacement surgery. He was professional, and also warm, friendly and caring. He didn't push surgery, but gave an honest evaluation and possible options. His explanations were clear, he answered all my questions patiently. I have recommended him to numerous people who have also been pleased with his care. My surgery went very well. I have great confidence in him.
Judy Benham – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr. Cooney is wonderful! I saw him for a broken shoulder two years ago and most recently for knee pain. I have received excellent care each time. Would definitely recommend him to anyone.
Cheryl Ferrari – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr. William P. Cooney is the best. There are not enough words to describe my respect and appreciation for the good work that he does. I recently had a total hip replacement done by Dr. Cooney and I am totally pleased with every aspect of that surgery. Again there are none better than Dr. Cooney at what he does. I am and will ever be grateful to him for the wonderful work he does. Thank You Dr. Cooney
Victor D. Britton – Dec 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr. Cooney did a great job with BOTH of my shoulder joint replacements this year! I researched doctors before selecting Dr. Cooney, but the comment "he is a perfectionist" by someone who observed him in surgery "sealed the deal". I was always given sufficient time for exams, explanations of x-rays/procedures and answering questions, both pre and post op. Dr. Cooney had both a professional and caring bedside manner. I love the results and highly recommend this skilled surgeon. (Note: Dr. Cooney was on time except for my last of many appointments this year--a day when the waiting room was more packed than I'd ever seen. He apologized profusely and sincerely.)
M. Myers – Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Dr. Cooney has been my go-to guy for all sorts of sports-related injuries over the years. From shoulders to elbows to hamstrings and now a broken knee cap. He is a straight shooter, won’t recommend unnecessary procedures, and always has my best interest at heart. I don’t trust anyone else! Highly recommended!
JB in Westminster – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
Outstanding, professional, caring, prompt, and personable. He is the best and Longmont is lucky to have quality physician in community
bob luedtke – Aug 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
I was in severe shoulder pain, keeping me up at night. Dr. Cooney ordered extensive X-rays and referred me to the back pain surgeon at the clinic because his analysis pointed more to my neck than to my shoulder. He then ordered an MRI and assured me that I would receive whatever help was required after the MRI was evaluated by the appropriate doctors in this facility. An MRi was ordered immediately and I was given an appointment for the next day.
Ellen M. Picker – Aug 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
I have seen Dr. Cooney 4 times. He is always very late for the appointment, rushes through the exam, and is curt and rude when addressing my questions. His bedside manner is totally absent. I found him to be egotistical and his brevity and lack of caring to be surprising. If he is this way before a surgery, what will he be like afterwards, especially if there are any problems?
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
A caring compassionate and skilled orthopod
May 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
This industry needs more personalized attention than other industries. In this office, more concern was given to "Billable Hours" than to even make or take a follow up phone call in a follow up attempt from an office visit to personalize the experience!! Absolutely NO care was offered in follow up to this patients visit! Unacceptable in health care...too personal of a field!
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?
My visit with Dr Cooney was just what I needed. He is an exceptional listener. He helped me with an immediate plan and future plan to address my knee problems. I left the appointment feeling encouraged and motivated to get started. He and the other office staff work great together. Thanks Dr Cooney!!!
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Cooney, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cooney?
Provider explaining information to patient

"I approach each case on an individual basis taking into account his/her goals of returning to his/her pre-injury activity level. I utilize the most proven...Read more

• Bone & Joint Non-Surgical Orthopedics

Saint Louis University School of Medicine
1995
Notre Dame

• Mayo Clinic - Award For Clinical Research, 2005

• Blood Loss From Coronary Angiography Increase Transfusion Requirements For Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery, April 2000
  • Revision Total Knees Done for Extensor Problems Frequently Require Re-Operation,
  • Platelet Glass Bead Retention Predicts Bleeding After Cardiac Surgery, Feb. 2001
  • Burch-Schneider Cage for Revision THA with Massive Ace Tabular Bone Loss: Results and Complications,
  • En Bloc Resection of Tumors of the Distal End of the Ulna, March 1997
  • Reoperations After 3200 Revision Total Knee Replacements: Rates, Etiology and Lessons Learned,

Memberships & Affiliations