Dr. William Chen, MD

Practices Plastic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 41 reviews.
Author:
My double eyelid surgery results are excellent. I knew he was the surgeon for me when I first met him because he answered all my questions with technical details. Also, this is his specialty and I liked that he did not do anything except work with the eyes. After my surgery, he was responsive to all my inquiries and worry. I've been very pleased with Dr. Chen from the first consult to the last follow-up appointment. My eyes look natural - the exact results I was looking for.
Author:
He is a very detailed Surgeon and I loved the results of my double eyelid Asian surgery??
Author:
I learned how to perform double eyelid surgery reading articles but mostly from reading Dr Chen's book on double eyelid surgery. I n my opinion, he is considered one of the experts in this surgery. So when I needed upper eyelid surgery, my only choice was Dr Chen. I have done many cases of double eyelid surgery and consider myself quite proficient. But his level of expertise is on a completely different level. Since I knew he was the expert, I just let him know what I wanted and left the rest
Author:
Dr. Chen did a fantastic job on my eyelid surgery. Being a physician myself I was very impressed with the way he explained the procedure to me and was very pleased with the outcome. He contacted me during the days after the procedure to make sure I was doing well and to answer any questions I had. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone who desires to have surgery on their eyes.
Author:
Dr. Chen was recommended to me by another doctor. At that point, I had already consulted with a couple of other doctors and was discouraged that I would ever find the right doctor. For me, the right doctor is someone who knows what he is doing, is doing it to help me out, and doesn't oversell. However, I was pleasantly surprised and I am glad that I took the time to travel to his office. I ultimately chose Dr. Chen for my revision surgery.
Author:
I had 3 prior double eyelid surgeries by 2 different surgeons and they were never able to give me a double eyelid on the left eye, and did a terrible job on my right. Dr. Chen was kind, caring, and took his time to discuss realistic results. Not only did he fix the mistakes from the previous surgeries, he made my eyes look AMAZING! Now i cant stop smiling when I look in the mirror knowing I got the lids I've always wanted. He is the go to for first time & especially if you need a revision!!
Author:
He is a very well respected physician in this field...he's been doing this so long he actually wrote many of the first authoritative articles/textbooks on blepharoplasty. Even when I visited another eye surgeon for a second opinion consultation, he told me he actually trained under Dr. Chen. Bottom line, I'm very happy with my surgery and would 100% recommend Dr. Chen. I can speak with the perspective of someone who works in health care: he is VERY honest, careful, kind, and good at what he does
Author:
Find another surgeon to do eyes. He had decent bedside manner but I had a bad outcome. Loads of complications and scarring.
This patient had previous surgery before seeing us; a high, Westernized crease,unequal,& abnormal in height & shape between the 2 sides to start, with no skin left, & doubling of scar lines. The patient had barely enough skin to close the eyelids as we tried revision. We have & will continue to reach out to the patient to better understand the real reasons behind this post. We have many grateful patients who have had revision-correction by us as well as having great first-time surgery results.
Author:
If you are thinking of double eyelid surgery, please reconsider! I saw Dr. Chen several years ago and asked for low, tapered creases, and ended up with a high parallel crease on one eye and a lower tapered crease on the other. My results are asymmetrical and unnatural (obviously surgical). I regret it every day and it's impossible to revise, so I'm permanently stuck with a ruined face and a ruined life. In my case, Dr. Chen's "expert" knowledge did not translate into surgical results.
See REPLY to CR comment( which was dated Sep.9,2017)
Author:
I contacted Dr Chen 4 yrs ago and was uncertain about surgery. He never pushed or was impatient with me because I needed time. He always answered questions and listened well. I contacted surgeons and ophthalmologists. None put me at ease like Dr. Chen. His specialization in the eye and expert understanding of asian eyes made him the only choice for me. This month I had the procedure and am happy with my results. Dr. Chen listened to what I wanted & expertly carried out what we discussed.
Author:
The best doctor for Asian eyelids. He makes it so natural and the recovery is quick. He is aways available to answer questions. I was so impressed I flew from out of state to use him for the second time. The first time was 20 years ago.
Author:
I had double eyelid surgery with Dr. Chen in February and traveled from the east coast to do so. Dr. Chen made me feel very comfortable and understood my vision. He was very gentle during surgery and I did not feel any pain afterwards. I had a little bruising and swelling on my eyes, which is normal, but they healed rather quickly. I know I still have some healing left to do since it's only been about a month, but I love the results so far. My coworkers keep commenting on how natural it looks!
Author:
Dr. Chen did a revision on one of my droopy eyelid. The ptosis occurred after I had an upper blepharoplasty performed by another doctor (well known in the media and "realself") in Beverly Hills. I'm almost 3 month post-op and I couldn't be any happier with my results. My only regret is not going to him first. I was fortunate enough to hear about him on an online forum. My whole experience from the free consultation to the post op has been wonderful. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Chen!!!
Author:
Dr. Chen is the best of the best. Surgery around the eye is measured in millimeters. He is a true master!
Author:
Dr. Chen is a truly AMAZING doctor. He is genuine, caring, confident, assertive and precise. Through the whole process, from the consultation to the operation and the post op followup, I was never afraid. I had total confidence in Dr. Chen as he did himself. I am more than happy with the results. I admire Dr. Chen his commitment to himself , his patients make him the best at what he does. I absolutely and enthusiastically recommend him. He "CARES"!
Author:
Dr Cben is worth flying across the the US for. He did my surgery 22 years ago and again this year. I wouldn't go anywhere else. He will guarantee you a very natural look. If your afraid to look contrived and artificial than he is the person to see. He listens and has the best bed side manner. The surgery was painless and done under local. I didn't even need Tylenol after surgery. I'm in plastic surgery and flew to Dr Chen because I wanted the best and would never compromise on my face. He is #1
Author:
Dr. Chen is a wonderful doctor who is not only a specialist in performing eyelid surgeries, but also a caring doctor. I had two previous eyelid surgeries that failed and Dr. Chen were able to fix my problem. He also checked up frequently after the surgery.
Author:
Dr. Chen is an extremely talented surgeon. His surgical skills is precise and amazing. Not only that, Dr. Chen is patient and attentive to all your concerns and questions. I have consulted various doctors for the blepharoplasty. Dr. Chen made me feel very comfortable with going forth with this procedure I have been wanting for years. I also flew from the East coast to have this procedure done by Dr. Chen. Dr C and his staff made this whole experience a very smooth one. Definitely worth the trip!
Author:
Dr. Chen is amazing! He is the most knowledgeable doc in his field, which is why people from all over the world come to see him. I recently visited his office because another surgeon messed up my eyes. I was so touched by his thoughtfulness, communication skills, and level of knowledge. I regret not coming to him from the beginning. This man is the real deal. He knows his stuff (he writes the textbooks that medical students use) yet he's humble and down to earth. Even his staff are wonderful.
Author:
Before coming to Dr. Chen, I researched doctors throughout California who could perform the eyelid surgery I needed. I had never had surgery before, so I was very nervous about finding the right doctor. All of those concerns floated away once I consulted Dr. Chen. Dr. Chen has a warm bedside manner, listens attentively to patient concerns, and is incredibly knowledgeable - he truly is the leading expert in his field. Four months post-surgery, I am beyond happy with the results! Thank you!!!