Dr. William Burke, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. William Burke, MD
Dr. William Burke, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Burke is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center and Florida Medical Center.

Dr. Burke's Experience

See how Dr. Burke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burke

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Burke has admitting privileges.

Dr. Burke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burke to family and friends
    Dr. Burke's Performance
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    I had a total hip replacement on March 6, 2017. I'm 56 yrs old. Best thing I ever did! I was living in pain for many many yrs! The thought of hip replacement scared the heck out of me! Heard about Dr. Burke. made an appointment. One month later had my surgery as an outpatient. Arrived at 6:00 am home at 7 pm. I was driving 4 days later and back in the gym 12 days later. Sounds crazy I know. I believe in Strong mind Strong body. I thank god I found Dr. Burke! :)
    in Weston, FL |
    So glad I found Dr Burke and his team. He was able to perform a total knee replacement and return my range of motion (something another doctor told me was impossible). I experienced no pain at all with the surgery or the therapy. I've already scheduled a date to have my other knee replaced.
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    I can't put into words how grateful I am to Dr. Burke and his team for restoring my hip and my life. Everything about my hip replacement has been excellent. It's been a year since my surgery and my new hip feels like my own, better than my other real hip. I can sleep again because there's no more pain. And I'm back to the gym taking Zumba and light weight-lifting classes. I feel great! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    I had hip replacement surgery March, 2016. I was 95% back to normal by May and do not even think about the hip on a daily basis. Several of my co workers at a part time job, have approached me about my experience after seeing me in the work environment. I recommend Dr. Burke strongly. Before, picking him, i relied on my own internet research of orthopedic surgeons, got several first hand experiences from his patients, and interviewed him (he was on my short list of 5 doctors).
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    I had hip replacement surgery five weeks ago, and could not be happier with the results. I am walking well, will be going back to work next week, and even participated in a karate class last night. Dr. Burke and his staff are outstanding. Everything was explained well, before the operation, and I received good follow up care during my recovery. The staff at the Florida Medical Center were outstanding. I encourage you to be proactive in your recovery. 5 thumbs up!!!
    in West Palm Beach, FL |
    Absolutely the best knee surgeon in South Florida. He has done 2 replacements on me and I highly recommend him. Don't e discouraged by any wait time for 1st appointment---he is definitely worth it!!
    Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Dr Burke has done both my hip and my knee replacement and I cannot be more happy with the results. He is totally concerned with the patient's satisfaction and successful outcomes. I would definitely refer Dr Burke and his wonderful staff to any of my family or friends. He has given me my life back twice now and I thank him very much.
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Dr Burke replaced my right hip at Broward Health in Fort Lauderdale. The entire process including all the contacts and office visits were handled in a truly professional and caring manner. I was well informed at all stages of the process. I arrived at the hospital mid morning and by mid afternoon I was comfortably in my room after successful surgery. I went home the next day. Recovery was not difficult. Good experience all around.
    in Boca Raton, FL |
    As a patient requiring "revision" knee surgery after a problem surfaced from my original replacement surgery 5 years ago, I was understandably very anxious. Dr. Burke and his staff provided compassion, knowledge and understanding in evaluating my case and assuring a positive outcome. I have since had multiple replacement surgery and continue to feel secure with Dr. Burke's expertise and competency. I have already recommended Dr. Burke to some friends and will continue to do so.
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Highly recommended by patients and doctors
    in Delray Beach, FL |
    I had researched several hip surgeons for over 6 months who utilize the anterior approach. I found none to be as qualified as Dr. Burke.On my initial appt. I met his wonderful staff and then with Dr. Burke. After a thorough exam and xray it was decided I was more than needing a hip replacement. As an avid golfer it was important for me after surgery to continue to be athletic. Dr. Burke is a highly skilled efficient orthopedic hip surgeon who perfomed a perfect surgery on me. Thanks Dr. Burke !
    in Dania Beach, FL |
    Very knowledgeable staff and performs hip replacement with anterior approach. Also Dr. Burke was very highly recommended by patients and doctors.
    Miami, FL |
    I originally had knee replacement surgery which was done by another doctor. It was a disaster and I had pain every day. My recovery took months and I never had good use of my leg. Dr. Burke just did a total knee revision on the same leg and in two and a half weeks I am driving, off a cane and a walker and I have no pain. He is amazing!
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    The most professional medical staff I have ever had the good fortune to encounter. Surgical procedure (total hip replacement) under one hour. Walking with aide of walker in the afternoon of the same day as surgery. Discharged from hospital one day following surgery. Walking without use of walker or cane three weeks following surgery. No pain with the hip; only soreness in the surrounding muscles and tendons. Incomprehensible that it could have been, and has been, so efficient and pain free.
    in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
    If you are thinking about having a hip or knee replaced, this is the only doctor you should consider. This is my second hip replacement. My first was done by another surgeon. The staff is professional and courteous.
    in Parkland, Fl. 33067 |
    Dr Burke, Replaced my left hip 6 weeks ago. The experience was simply fantastic! I had very little pain from the procedure and was in the hospital one day! The scare is very small and best of all I can walk without a limp or pain! I can only say how grateful I am to Dr. Burke. He and his staff are kind caring and just nice to talk too! Thank you again!
    in West Palm Beach, FL |
    Dr. Burke is very professional and knowledgeable..he replaced my left hip in May. 2014 and my right hip in March 2015...I had an excellent experience with both procedures..no pain after surgery and during my recuperation..I was able to walk without a cane or assistance the day of surgery...I healed well and only had to do 3 weeks of physical therapy...his office staff is also excellent and they did a great job in preparing me for the surgeries with a class and a notebook
    Have you seen Dr. William Burke, MD?
    Are you Dr. Burke?

Dr. Burke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Burke has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Burke's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
    • Hip Sprain
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Lupus

Graduated in 1996

University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center Department of Surgery
      University Of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center
      Anderson Orthopaedic Institute

Dr. Burke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks