Dr. William Brooks, MD

Dr. William Brooks, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. William Brooks, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Macon, GA. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 10 years.

• Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • PHCS
  • Private HealthCare Systems

Learn about Dr. Brooks

Video

See how frequently Dr. Brooks performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Neck Pain
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Brooks's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Brooks "Forsyth Street Orthopaedics is a premier provider of orthopaedic medical services to the Macon area. We realize that comfort and convenience are important to our patients and have invested in extensive diagnostic and therapeutic services all in one location. By having Orthopaedic, Rehabilitation, Surgery and Imaging facilities, we are able to quickly diagnose and treat your problems. Our physicians received specialized training in orthopaedic medicine and can diagnose and treat even the most complicated conditions. Working with our clinical staff, they ensure that you receive comprehensive orthopaedic care for problems or diseases of the bones, joints, nerves and muscles. When you come to Forsyth Street Orthopaedics, first we listen, then we diagnose your problems. We strongly believe in maintaining our commitment to providing our patients with the highest quality Orthopaedic care."

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Medical College of Georgia
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Atlanta Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Atlanta Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • New England Baptist Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Brooks has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Brooks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brooks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brooks' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brooks to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Brooks' Performance
Macon, GA |
Dr. Brooks did my hand surgery back in February at OrthoGa. After months of being unable to use my hand, I had to have a second surgery to repair the damage caused by Dr. Brooks. I now can do what I had not been able to do for months!
Bonaire, GA |
Very thorough in his explanation. Offered me a variety of care options and explained the pros/cons to each. Took the time and made me feel comfortable regarding my issue.
in Perry, GA |
I was referred to Dr Brooks by another Dr in the ortho ga practice that was treating my shoulder and discovered the issue with my neck. . Dr Brooks sat down with my husband and I and explained the MRI in detail and diagnosed herniated discs in my neck. He gave us all the options and performed the ACDF when I was ready. He is an excellent surgeon, personable with great bedside manner. I continue to be treated by him for lower back disc issues and he has proceeded at my pace conservatively.
in Kathleen ga |
In my book, Dr. Brooks is an excellent surgeon. He and his staff quickly diagnosed my condition (herniated discs in my neck), recommended and encouraged me to have repairs done by the most minimally invasive surgery. That said, there was absolutely no pressure to rush into my decision for the ACDF procedure and he and his staff surely answered my same questions a dozen times. I am still recovering but very thankful that I found this doctor. His calm confidence put me at ease.
in Americus, GA |
I was 2 years away from permanently using a wheel chair. Other mds has told me the surgery was too risky. He looked at MRI and said "you will walk out of surgery ". I said "you're pretty young. He said "remember young Dr. old cook". He was recommended to me by another orthopedic md who said he went through surgical rotations with him and he was the best surgeon he had ever seen. He also said that if he needed the surgery I needed, he would without any reservation use Dr Brooks. Would do again.
Bonaire, GA |
I am so very pleased to have become Dr. Brooks' patient! I received outstanding service. Dr. Brooks & his staff are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, efficient, & they went that extra mile to ensure I understood my condition and the steps toward getting me better. I needed surgery. After surgery & throughout recovery, Dr. Brooks & staff were there for me. I'm feeling better now than ever! Thank God for Dr. Brooks, PA Foote, Nurses Christy, Melissa, Candice, Jeanne, Debbie, Darla, and Brandi.
Milledgeville, GA |
Ortho Georgia is all about the money and not the patient. I was told that I had to pay up front and, when I cancelled the procedure to get a 2nd opinion, I had to contact my credit card company in order to recover the deposits I had paid. In addition, the 2 collars I was told I had to buy that day in the office, were never used and the money for them was not refunded. The hospital I was sent to that day was horribIe. I would never go back to them or recommend them to anyone else.
in Macon, GA |
I have visited Dr. Brooks on several occasions. He has a friendly manner and top-notch staff. He seems sincerely interested in my problems and discomfort; and though he has an excellent reputation as a skilled surgeon, his first suggestions haven't involved surgery but rehab, which to date has worked for me. I would recommend Dr. William Brooks to anyone suffering from back & neck pain as the top doc around to work to improve your health and well-being.
in Warner Robins, GA |
My experience is still ongoing,but I'm so satisfied,thus far,that I want to acknowledge him and his staff for bringing me back to good health,and doing so in such a caring and professional manner. He might not know,but I'm very pleased! T.James/Warner Robins
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Brooks went above and beyond in each step of my treatment.
in Warner Robins, GA |
Dr. Brooks is a very good surgeon and he is very knowledgeable in his field of the spine. He is very personable and very willing to help me as much as he can. He is the top of his field and I would recommend him to everyone who needs a spine doctor and surgeon.
in McRae Helena Georgia |
Wonderful caring physician. ..very humble man. ...not something that you see often anymore. ..our entire experience before, during and after my mother's back surgery was one that made us know we had chosen the right physicians to care for my mother. thank you for the care your gave to my mother, Ms Joyce Mills.....you are a wonderful man...Thank you again and God bless you
in Bonaire, GA |
I had suffered from neck pains and associated nerve numbness for over a decade. We saw multiple doctors, but none were clear on their diagnosis nor did they put me at ease. Dr. Brooks explained my diagnosis in a calm, easy to understand way without making me feel stupid. His professional manner placed my husband and I at ease instantly pre and post surgery. I would do it all over again trusting my fate to Dr. Brooks and highly recommend him to anyone who wants to feel better - God bless him!
in Macon, GA |
Would not recommend. Can be a totally arrogant jerk. Well educated, insensitive and judgement youngster with no bed side manner. He should read "Good Manners for Nice People" by Amy Alkon.
in Macon, GA |
Dr. Brooks was very attentive & explained the entire procedure in detail before surgery. Post operative care was excellant & the results of the surgery were exactly as he said. I was impressed with Dr.Brooks education & training , as it far exceeds any that I have come in contact with in our area. I would highy recommend Dr. Brooks !
in Lizella, GA |
He was very professional. Explained everything not in a hurry. Very nice. He just did a ACDF n me.
Have you seen Dr. William Brooks, MD?
Are you Dr. Brooks?

Visit Dr. Brooks

Dr. Brooks accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia