Dr. William Brennan, MD

Dr. William Brennan, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. William Brennan, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Lafayette, LA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

105 Patriot St Ste 101

Lafayette, LA 70508

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Management
  • CorVel

Learn about Dr. Brennan

See how frequently Dr. Brennan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cervical Spine Myelopathy
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
high

Dr. Brennan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Brennan "Listen to the patient and they will tell you the diagnosis. Non-surgical methods are our first approach."

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• St. Andrews Presbyterian College
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Vanderbilt Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

• Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, 2001

Dr. Brennan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brennan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brennan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brennan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brennan to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Brennan Says:

Everyone here at NSL is happy that our patients rate us as highly as they do. We will always treat patients like family. Thank you for allowing us to take care of you.

Dr. Brennan's Performance
in Youngsville |
Don't know were to start.Dr.Brennan is just a remarkable Dr.He's not the one to say ok you have back problems let's do surgery then don't explain and say ok we done.He takes every step to listen answer ? Explain detail by detail.So BLESS to have Dr.Brennan& Mrs.Lena Thank Y'all for everything .His staff are the most friendly kind woman.All in two words YOU ROCK DOC!!
in Lafayette |
Dr. Brennan did a cervical fusion on my neck in 2010 and everything went great. He walked me through everything that would happen before, during, and, after the surgery and recovery period.When I learned that I had a bulging disk at L-3 affecting my sciatic nerve, he was the only surgeon I considered. I am 5 weeks post surgery and recovering well. His P.A.C. Lena is the best. She spends as much time as needed with you, answers your questions makes you feel at ease. They work very well together
in Church Point, LA |
The level of professionalism and concern was above all my expectations upon my very 1st. phone conversation to the office.This put me at ease from the beginning leading up to my surgery by Dr.Brennan and his entire support team/associates.Before and after my surgery the whole event was monitored constantly,I've been extremely satisfied with their business concept and would highly suggest their office to all my friends and family in the future.....I'm 100%..satisfied.
in Lafayette, LA |
My wife was suffering with cervical discs and had seen the top docs in Lafayette. We were comfortable with Dr. Brennan and his staff. His no nonsense approach was refreshing and his explanations made sense. He will tell you the way it is, good or bad. She is 3 months post op now and pain free and we couldn't be more happy with the results. Now she has her life back!
Lafayette |
2 years post op and my bones didn't fuse. Brennan did not even acknowledge this, but rather told me I am stable, have arthritis and sent me on my way. The reality is the hardware he put in me is too long, I have loose screws, did not fuse and have more pain that before surgery. His arrogance and pride take precedence over the patient. He has a god-like complex that must be satisfied and if you wind up not being a perfect case, you will be dismissed. Medical professions around the city AGREE!
in Morgan City, LA |
I am a healthcare provider and patient of Dr. Brennen. I cannot praise the office staff, Dr. Assistant and Dr. Brennen enough for the excellent care they have given me over the last 4 months. The entire team treats the patient as a human and not a number. They have gone above and beyond in providing the best quality care that I have ever received. The surgery and after care is beyond excellent. I have a new lease on daily life and back surgery has improved the quality of life for me.
Lafayette, LA |
I am 6 months post-op for lower spinal fusion. Could not be happier with the result. Excellent doctor and staff!
New York, NY |
He is probably a great physician and have not met him. I went into the hospital for kindey stones and another issue was found. MRI was scheduled by Dr. Brennan's office. Went to my appoint and met with his PA. I was asked why my MRI was done with out contrast. I have no control over what is ordered! I now was scheduled for an MRI with and with out contrast(more money). Went to apointment and could not do my MRI because it was scheduled for 2018. Doctor my be good but not thier staff.
in Evangeline |
He has been there fo r me with neck and now it my low back i hope he can help me
in Alexandria, Louisiana |
After my accident at work left me crippled and in chronic pain, I was told about Dr. William Brennan in Lafayette, Louisiana. He didn't want to see me until he had all my medical records in front of him. First visit was like finally someone knows what's wrong with my back and can fix me instead of giving me the run around like the insurance companies. He diagnosed me on the spot. Six months later I've had my surgery and recovering perfectly. I'm so grateful to him and his amazing staff.
in Broussard, LA |
Dr. Brennan not only listens but explains both what you must do in order for any procedures he performs. He makes sure you understand both what he can do,what you can expect and the probability of success. In my case, he was a 100% on the mark. God bless him & his staff.
in Lafayette, LA |
Dr. Brennan is a true professional and in my opinion at the top of his game. He performed a TLIF procedure (at L4-L5) for me on December 28th and on December 29th I walked out of the hospital. Four weeks later I was ready to return to work. I highly recommend him to anyone reading this and I regularly recommend him to family and friends. I will never forget his wit or his skill. Thank you, Dr. Brennan.
in Abbeville, LA |
Dr Brennan is awesome. Very caring and takes time with you to discuss options with treatment. After taking time to look at the mri's and x-rays that was done. Lena NP is very sweet and caring along with his office staff. Words can't express how happy I am that I went to Dr Brennan.
SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME... despite: premature discharge by another Dr. saw me back in the hospital the next day (pain meds caused debilitating migraines). Dr. Brennan quick/compassionate in finding a solution but resulted in additional costs; office staff follow-through with FMLA paperwork: did not send initial return to work clearance despite multiple request; Dr. Brennan personally sent discharge note after final visit). Would have liked a detailed look at MRI/x-ray results.
in new iberia, la |
Needing pain relief from a hereditary back disease, which has no cure, Dr. Brennan informed me there was nothing he could do to help me because there was enough damage yet done to the spine to warrant surgeries. I understood his analogy, yet I was extremely disappointed because I still needed relief of the pain. I began to cry and at this point he felt that maybe I had more "female" problems due to the crying and also suggested counseling. I was so upset and DISGUSTED at this point and left.
in Lafayette, LA |
I would refer Dr. Brennan to anyone and everyone, and I have recently referred my mother to see him due to her having multiple surgeries and ailments because that is how much I trust him and his staff. I was greeted with a smile and they always knew what I needed and knew me as a person. I did not feel as if I were just a number waiting to be called. My discectomy and fusion was an absolute success. If anyone is facing future neurosurgical need, definitely give them a call. Sherry Cramer
in Jennings, Louisiana |
Dr. Brennan and his staff are top notch! The most caring staff I've ever encountered! Dr Brennan explains everything in detail and is always willing to answer any questions. I would highly recommend!
in Ville Platte, LA |
Dr Brennan & his medical team (Ashely & Leena) probided EXCELLENT care for my mother's 3 back/neck surgeries. The front office staff is/was very helpful with any & all of our needs & worked with us on any problems that arose. We would recommend Dr Brennan for all you neurosurgery needs.
in CROWLEY, LA. |
Have had (4) different surgeries with Dr. Brennan and Miss Leana his assistant , and have always been treated with the upmost respect , they explains things that you understand. Their office staff is the BEST I have ever had to deal with. They are always on top of everything, when they say they will call you back they call you back. Always a smile when I walk in. The most positive group I have ever seen. I would like to say Thanks to Dr. Brennan and his STAFF for taking excellent care of me.
in Sunset, LA |
My Husband had suffered for many years before making the decision to go to a doctor, we did our research and found Dr. Brennan, he is amazing and today 6 months after a major surgery Ronnie is perfect. Finally living pain free and he should be good for years to come!
in Lafayette la |
Staff including front desk PA etc all the way up to Dr Brennan are amazing people they have changed my quality of life.
in St Martinville, LA |
Dr Brennan took excellent care of me. I would highly recommend him. His bedside manner and staff answered all of my questions promptly. All around excellent care.
in Kaplan, LA |
Very pleased with treatment from physician and staff and total result of the surgical procedure.
in Lafayette, LA |
2 years after surgery and still in pain my wife went back to see him.he did not exam her and said he was too busy to bother with her complaint.she came out his office crying and confused why this dr whom she once trusted would have such total disregard for her well being.PLEASE dont be misled by his 30 year old photos or the good reviews he or freinds probably orcastrated himself.dont be fooled he is from boston not the carolinas so he is not a good old boy..I am going to get an MRI for her..
in Pineville, LA |
I have already recommended Dr. Brennan to others and I had my surgery less than three weeks ago. His staff is excellent actually outstanding and awesome. Not to mention he is EXCEPTIONAL! Look it up. It means unusual, not typical, unusually good and outstanding. And I have no problem signing my name: K Lipsius
in Lafayette, LA |
Dr. Brennan helped my 76 year old fathers quality of life through a major fusion in his neck. He had severe spinal stenosis. So much so, when my husband needed a fusion as well, we didn't think twice. We have since referred my two brother in laws for back related issues due to an accident.
in Abbeville |
My experience I had over the years with Dr.Brennan was the best I have had with any doctor.If I had a problem at any time it was taken care of in a timely manner.As for my back problems he will my doctor until he retires. I would recommend Dr. Brennan to all friends and family. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever used.
Have you seen Dr. William Brennan, MD?
Are you Dr. Brennan?

Visit Dr. Brennan

Evening
Dr. Brennan accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Choice PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Management