Dr. William Brennan, MD

Dr. William Brennan, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Listen to the patient and they will tell you the diagnosis. Non-surgical methods are our first approach.

Dr. William Brennan, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Lafayette, LA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Brennan is affiliated with Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital, Lafayette General Medical Center and Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Brennan's Experience

See how Dr. Brennan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brennan

Dr. Brennan accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Brennan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Brennan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brennan to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Brennan Says:

Everyone here at NSL is happy that our patients rate us as highly as they do. We will always treat patients like family. Thank you for allowing us to take care of you.

Dr. Brennan's Performance
in Abbeville, LA |
Dr Brennan is awesome. Very caring and takes time with you to discuss options with treatment. After taking time to look at the mri's and x-rays that was done. Lena NP is very sweet and caring along with his office staff. Words can't express how happy I am that I went to Dr Brennan.
in Lafayette, LA |
I had already tried physical therapy and medications for an impinged nerve. Dr. Brennan did not immediately recommend surgery, but conservatively suggested a set of injections into the area by another doctor first. Only after did he recommend surgery and I am extremely happy that he did. I was leg-pain free immediately. Three months later I am entirely pain free. And the entire staff was caring and professional, especially Lena, the PA. They really do treat you like family! Excellent!
SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME... despite: premature discharge by another Dr. saw me back in the hospital the next day (pain meds caused debilitating migraines). Dr. Brennan quick/compassionate in finding a solution but resulted in additional costs; office staff follow-through with FMLA paperwork: did not send initial return to work clearance despite multiple request; Dr. Brennan personally sent discharge note after final visit). Would have liked a detailed look at MRI/x-ray results.
in new iberia, la |
Needing pain relief from a hereditary back disease, which has no cure, Dr. Brennan informed me there was nothing he could do to help me because there was enough damage yet done to the spine to warrant surgeries. I understood his analogy, yet I was extremely disappointed because I still needed relief of the pain. I began to cry and at this point he felt that maybe I had more "female" problems due to the crying and also suggested counseling. I was so upset and DISGUSTED at this point and left.
in Lafayette, LA |
I would refer Dr. Brennan to anyone and everyone, and I have recently referred my mother to see him due to her having multiple surgeries and ailments because that is how much I trust him and his staff. I was greeted with a smile and they always knew what I needed and knew me as a person. I did not feel as if I were just a number waiting to be called. My discectomy and fusion was an absolute success. If anyone is facing future neurosurgical need, definitely give them a call. Sherry Cramer
in Jennings, Louisiana |
Dr. Brennan and his staff are top notch! The most caring staff I've ever encountered! Dr Brennan explains everything in detail and is always willing to answer any questions. I would highly recommend!
in Broussard, LA |
Excellent, tells it like it is, great bedside manner, excellent P.A.,friendly staff, works hard to keep on sceduale. Thanks Dr. B.
in Ville Platte, LA |
Dr Brennan & his medical team (Ashely & Leena) probided EXCELLENT care for my mother's 3 back/neck surgeries. The front office staff is/was very helpful with any & all of our needs & worked with us on any problems that arose. We would recommend Dr Brennan for all you neurosurgery needs.
in CROWLEY, LA. |
Have had (4) different surgeries with Dr. Brennan and Miss Leana his assistant , and have always been treated with the upmost respect , they explains things that you understand. Their office staff is the BEST I have ever had to deal with. They are always on top of everything, when they say they will call you back they call you back. Always a smile when I walk in. The most positive group I have ever seen. I would like to say Thanks to Dr. Brennan and his STAFF for taking excellent care of me.
in Sunset, LA |
My Husband had suffered for many years before making the decision to go to a doctor, we did our research and found Dr. Brennan, he is amazing and today 6 months after a major surgery Ronnie is perfect. Finally living pain free and he should be good for years to come!
in Lafayette la |
Staff including front desk PA etc all the way up to Dr Brennan are amazing people they have changed my quality of life.
in St Martinville, LA |
Dr Brennan took excellent care of me. I would highly recommend him. His bedside manner and staff answered all of my questions promptly. All around excellent care.
in Kaplan, LA |
Very pleased with treatment from physician and staff and total result of the surgical procedure.
in Breaux Bridge, LA |
Best doctor my husband's ever been to. We struggled with his neck for years and Dr.Brennan took his time explaining the problem and what our options were. 6 months since the surgery and he's back at work and we would highly recommend Dr.Brennan to our family.
in Lafayette, LA |
2 years after surgery and still in pain my wife went back to see him.he did not exam her and said he was too busy to bother with her complaint.she came out his office crying and confused why this dr whom she once trusted would have such total disregard for her well being.PLEASE dont be misled by his 30 year old photos or the good reviews he or freinds probably orcastrated himself.dont be fooled he is from boston not the carolinas so he is not a good old boy..I am going to get an MRI for her..
in Pineville, LA |
I have already recommended Dr. Brennan to others and I had my surgery less than three weeks ago. His staff is excellent actually outstanding and awesome. Not to mention he is EXCEPTIONAL! Look it up. It means unusual, not typical, unusually good and outstanding. And I have no problem signing my name: K Lipsius
in Lafayette, LA |
Dr. Brennan helped my 76 year old fathers quality of life through a major fusion in his neck. He had severe spinal stenosis. So much so, when my husband needed a fusion as well, we didn't think twice. We have since referred my two brother in laws for back related issues due to an accident.
in Abbeville |
My experience I had over the years with Dr.Brennan was the best I have had with any doctor.If I had a problem at any time it was taken care of in a timely manner.As for my back problems he will my doctor until he retires. I would recommend Dr. Brennan to all friends and family. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever used.
Have you seen Dr. William Brennan, MD?
Are you Dr. Brennan?

Compare Dr. Brennan

}

Dr. Brennan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Brennan says...

Dr. Brennan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

• Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, 2001

Dr. Brennan has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brennan's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

Vanderbilt Med Center

Completed in 1995

St. Andrews Presbyterian College

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Brennan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brennan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Craniotomy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy