Dr. William Biggs, MD

Dr. William Biggs, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. William Biggs, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Fort Collins, CO. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

2500 E Prospect Rd

Fort Collins, CO 80525

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Anthem
  • CareOregon

Learn about Dr. Biggs

See how frequently Dr. Biggs performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Degenerative Disc Disease
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)

Dr. Biggs's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Hip Resurfacing
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of California, Davis
  • University Of Colorado Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Twin Cities Spine Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Biggs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Biggs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Biggs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Biggs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Biggs to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Biggs' Performance
in Ft Collins, CO |
I had severe sciatic pain for six months - PT, rest and acupuncture were of minimal help. MRI revealed a large cyst on the lower lumbar spine. I received a same day appointment and surgery was scheduled for two days later. Dr Biggs and his PA, Danielle took time to discuss my health history, answer questions and listen to our concerns. Surgery provided immediate relief for the compressed nerve. I’m recuperating well and walking a mile one week later. Thanks for the wonderful care!
Thank you very much for sharing your details in your review! Our reply is a general one because federal law on patient privacy (HIPAA) prevents us from discussing patient specifics. Our best to you! Armi Hall for Dr. Biggs and OCR
Loveland, CO |
My visit to Dr. Biggs was a complete waste of time. I waited over a year to get in to see him only to have him tell me there was nothing he could to do for my back pain and back issues. When I arrived, they didn't have any record of my referral and were completely unprepared.I waited over an hour in the waiting office and spent more time with everyone else instead of the actual Dr. I would have thought he would have known more creative ways/studies or something to help my back pain.Horrible Dr.
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our doctors and staff endeavor to provide great care and service. If we did not provide that, we apologize. I am available to discuss details if you contact me at 970-419-7140 or info@orthohealth.com. We're sorry that we have to post a general reply because the federal law on patient privacy (HIPAA) prevents us from identifying anyone as a patient without their permission. Kind regards! Armi Hall for Dr. Bill Biggs and OCR
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My 85 year old mother was referred to Dr. Biggs after emergency medical services diagnosed compression fractures from a fall. We anticipated an informative and helpful appointment. Instead, my sweet mother was treated with disregard. My mother explained that she was experiencing excruciating pain and this was his response..."I have had numerous patients in excruciating pain today but you are the only one that walked in to the office." After that statement we were rendered mute. Awful experience!
Dear Paula, Thank you very much for your comments. Our doctors and staff endeavor to provide great care and service. If we did not provide that, we apologize. I am available to discuss details if you contact me at 970-419-7140 or info@orthohealth.com. We post a general reply because the federal law on patient privacy (HIPAA) requires us to not identify anyone as a patient without their permission. Kind regards! Armi Hall for Dr. Biggs and OCR
in Laramie, WY |
Dr. Biggs has been the best back doctor we could have ever found. Thanks to him my husband is back on his feet and able to move again WITHOUT pain. Besides being the best back doctor, he's a very kind and caring person. He really makes sure you need the surgery before he jumps in and just cuts you open for no reason. He also explains things in away we can understand the process. They not only take excellant care of my husband, but they make sure I'm ok through it all as well. Thank you again
Dear Bill and Peggy, Thank you very much for your review! Please note that our post has to be a general reply due to federal law on patient privacy (HIPAA), which requires that we not identify anyone as a patient without their permission. Our best wishes! Armi Hall for Dr. Biggs and OCR
in Longmont, CO |
I went to Dr Biggs at the Orthopedic and Spine Center of the Rockies for severe pain going down my leg. He diagnosed a synovial cyst impinging on the spinal cord at the L4L5 location. An initial conservative approach using an injection (by separate specialist) didn't work as hoped. Finally did the surgery and even in recovery I noticed I was immediately pain free. Total confidence in the doctor, his staff, and the hospital. Out patient process, all exactly to plan.
in Fort Collins Co. |
Dr Biggs has worked on three members of our family! They all are doing great! My mom was very nervous about getting surgery at the age of 87, but Dr Biggs did a great job on her! She is pain free now! Thank you Dr Biggs!!
in Denver, CO |
He didn't listen to me at all. Said all My back issues are due to genetics, and that I really only sought his help for cosmetic reasons. In reality I had 2 vertebrae crushed in an injury, and since then my spine has hunched over so much that it looks like a 75 year old woman, I'm 31. Don't waste your time. He has no bedside manner, and his recommendation was PT...I've already done that for years with no improvement. Worst experience with a dr that I have ever had.
in Wheatland, Wyoming |
Do not waste your time trying to get help from Dr Biggs. OCR has an excellent reputation for quality work. Whoever hired Dr Biggs missed the mark on this one. My husband has been referred to him twice a few years apart. I figure he's the only one with openings. My husband has serious back and neck issues. The first time Dr Biggs had told him that the problem was old age (60). This latest time.he was told to do physical therapy and then, maybe in a month or so he would order an MRI. Really?!
in Loveland, CO |
I went to Dr. Biggs for my chronic back pain. He spent about 5 minutes with me, looked at my MRI, then sent me to get a nerve burning procedure (ryzotomy-sp?) done by another doctor. Ever since this procedure I've been on disability (6 months so far) and my quality of life has deminished. He did not seem to care at all about me or my pain. There was no follow up to see if the procedure helped.
in Littleton |
I had a very successful microdiscectomy. No complications and immediate relief! It's been a week and I went back to work.
Have you seen Dr. William Biggs, MD?

Visit Dr. Biggs

• Cofinity
    Cofinity PPO
  • Community Health Choice
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA