Dr. William Berghoff, MD

Dr. William Berghoff, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. William Berghoff, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fort Wayne, IN. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

5050 N Clinton St

Fort Wayne, IN 46825

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Berghoff

See how frequently Dr. Berghoff performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis
Knee Disorders

Dr. Berghoff's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Berghoff's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Berghoff "Though he was raised in Minnesota, the roots of William J. Berghoff, M.D., run deep in his hometown of Fort Wayne. In fact, earlier generations of the Berghoff family established a thriving brewery trade in their adopted community. Dr. Berghoff is a third generation Fort Wayne physician. Dr. Berghoff received his undergraduate degree from St. John's University and his Medical degree from the University of Minnesota. Dr. Berghoff returned to Fort Wayne where he completed his orthopaedic residency. He was fellowship trained in adult reconstructive surgery at the Orthopaedic and Arthritis Institute in Minneapolis. Board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Berghoff is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, the Indiana State Medical Society, the Indiana Arthritis Foundation, the Fort Wayne Medical Society and the American Medical Association."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankle and Foot Instability or Derangement
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Arm
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• St Johns University, Collegeville, Minnesota
  • Fort Wayne Medical Education Program
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Minneapolis Orthopaedic & Arthritis Institute, Minneapolis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Berghoff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Berghoff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berghoff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Berghoff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berghoff to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Berghoff's Performance
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I think Dr. Berghott, MD provided me an excellent 2nd opinion. I received the answers I wanted to hear but not necessarily the way I liked.
in Fort Wayne, IN |
He is very friendly and helpful. Gets to the point quickly and answers questions as asked..
in Fort Wayne , Indiana |
Dr. Berghoff is one of the best doctors I have ever been associated with ! I had both knees done and a hip . I was also very bow legged , I am not bow legged any longer and very happy with the results .
Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Berghoff was very friendly and explained the options that are available for my specific condition, and what his suggestion is to correction the situation.
in Garrett, IN |
My entire knee replacement surgery and recovery went better than I had hoped, the professionalism of every part from surgery to rehab was top notch, the staff were compassionate, efficient, and professional, the rehab at Indiana Physical Therapy were the best, M7y Profound thanks to everyone involved, Jerry Teders
Would definitely recommend Dr. Berghoff. He explained exactly what was going on with my knee and was very attentive to my questions. Surgery is being planned and I have confidence it will go well.
Great service and great staff. They worked me into their schedule, diagnosed the problem, and did what needed done within an hour. Highly recommend Dr Berghoff, the X-ray team, Andy, and Katie! That are 5 star!
in Millersburg, In |
I'm a 67 year old male not in the best of shape but still active. My right knee had survived on cortisone shots for over 20 years. When it came time to get it replaced, I asked as many people as I could find who would they recommend, Dr Berghoff came up the most recommended. I received the new Conformis 3D printed joint replacement. In one week post op I was able to walk 1/4mile unaided and started driving myself to therapy. I finished in 1 month. The fastest recovery my PT had ever seen.
Aurora, OH |
This is second knee DR BERGHOFF will be doing for me. Three years between surgery and this time a new procedure. I'm told recovery is quicker and less painful and can't wait to find out!
in Yoder, IN |
I feel good about my experience with Dr Berghoff and ONE. He did my knee replacement 10 years ago and immediately after at the rehab hospital the nurses and therapist were telling me how good my incision was, and they were right! My scar or I should say lack of scar is more like it. Recently my other knee was very painful and he diagnosed it on my first visit as a torn maniscus that was substanuated by an MRI. He knows his work!
Sullivan, IN |
I really appreciated his professionalism and friendly attitude.
Ft Wayne, IN |
While I was explaining my symptoms to Dr Berghoff he did not look at me at all He was staring at my husband, my husband is a very normal looking person so not sure why he looked at him not me. It was very off putting and strange. I will not go back. He did not seem like an interested care provider to me. Also 2 other techs or nurses ask and answered some of my questions. Dr Berghoff did not question me at all. Recommendations were not to lift or "no axial loading" that is all. Not caring at all
in Warsaw, IN |
Very professional and personable
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I feel he is an excellent doctor even though I have only been seen by him on a couple of occasions but there will be more appointments if the future I'm sure. I would recommend him to someone if they need his expertise
in Fort Wayne |
I've had several knee surgeries and doctor Berghoff has done all of them ,he explains the procedure in full detail and is very understanding about your pain and discomfort . I had a bilateral knee replacement about 10 weeks ago and although o have a little ways to go I'm glad I had it done and in the future if I need more knee procedures? I will return to Dr Berghoff . Thanks Doc for all you've done for me
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Berghoff was friendly, immediately put me at ease. He did not "talk down" to me. He explained the problem and how he was going to handle it . He follows what I consider a conservative approach to my problem and has put my mind at ease. I will be working at home to help my self knowing that I can always call if I have a question ora problem. I would certainly recommend Dr Berghoff or ONE to anyone.
in Angola In |
Dr Berghoff is a very competent and compassionent surgeon. He makes you very comfortable while talking to you about your surgery. I highly recommend him if you need an orthopedic surgeon.
New Haven, IN |
Excellent Doctor. Almost four years out on my store bought left knee. Installed by Dr. Bergoff. All good.
in Fort Wayne, Indiana |
5 stars are not high enough. Dr. Berghoff and his entire staff as well as the staff at Parkview ortho hospital are just incredible. Just had a total knee replacement and was home 46 hours after walking through the hospital doors. EVERYONE, was very caring and more than competent. CAN not speak any higher about he and ALL,of the ONE doctors. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Ft Wayne, IN |
Not a thorough exam, disregarded visual aspect of arthritis bursitis, disrespectful to moving injured leg around. Diagnoses probably incorrect. Not caring about pain or symptoms of the patient'scondition. Would not recommend this doctor.
in Plymouth, IN |
I went to Dr. Berghoff as a second opinion after reading an article about him. As soon as he walked in, he made us feel comfortable and answers all of our questions. I decided to have him do my knee replacement before we left his office. He was very professional at the time of surgery. He checked in with me daily after surgery. Dr. Berghoff's office also worked me into the office schedule when I thought I had reinjured my knee. I am three weeks out from surgery and on the road to recover!
Have you seen Dr. William Berghoff, MD?
Are you Dr. Berghoff?

Visit Dr. Berghoff

Dr. Berghoff accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Berghoff has admitting privileges