Dr. William P. Barrett, MD

Dr. William P. Barrett, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Proliance Orthopedic Associates 4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 300, Renton, WA 98055 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Barrett's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Barrett's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barrett

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Barrett has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Barrett

Dr. Barrett's Review Details
4.6 based on 59 responses
Experience with Dr. Barrett
Dr. Barrett's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (53)
in Graham, WA |
I had a total hip replacement on May 9, 2016. Dr. Barrett and staff answered all my questions about the surgery and what to expect. I spent one night in the hospital and left the next day on crutches. Transitioned to a cane after about a week and was walking unassisted in three weeks.I went back to work in less than 4 weeks and I get to try riding my horse again at 2 months post-op. I feel great and have no pain in my hip at all. I highly recommend Dr. Barrett for joint replacement surgery.
in Snohomish, WA |
I would not recommend any other Doctor than Dr. Barrett! I put off having my knee replaced for years trying to find the best knee surgeon in our area. I wanted to make sure it was done right the first time. I knew I found the right Doctor when a friend referred me to Dr. Barrett after he fixed her husbands knee replacement that had gone wrong by another surgeon. In addition, I found that Dr. Barrett has been rated as TOP DOC by Seattle Magazine for years! He is my only choice!
in Fircrest, WA |
I had an anterior left hip replacement with outstanding results with Dr. Barrett. I was able to walk 2 miles one month after surgery. All the wonderful ratings I read about Dr. Barrett when researching this procedure online turned out to be true. He and his staff inspire confidence every step of the way that you are receiving state of the art care. I could not have asked for a better experience. I have recommended him to both family and friends needing hip and knee replacements.
in Issaquah, WA |
Dr. Barrett and his team are professional, competent and the best in the area for joint replacements. Since they have so much experience, I chose Dr Barrett over 2 others that I consulted with and my results have been great. He prepared me for what to expect during and after surgery and I went in without fear of the unknown. I am a physical therapist and I have met and worked with orthopedic surgeons my whole career and I feel so fortunate to have had Dr. Barrett perform my surgery.
in Seattle, WA |
I couldn't be more thrilled with my hip replacement surgery. Thank you for giving me my life back. Dr. Barrett and his whole staff were excellent. It couldn't have gone any smoother. I am not in pain anymore. Hallelujah!
Excellent experience! I was afraid to have a total hip replacement because I thought the pain would be too much, or something bad would happen. Turns out, I worried for nothing. I was walking without my walker in one week. I exercised as directed and healed quickly. I thought Valley General was an excellent facility and the nursing staff were great! I would highly recommend Dr Barrett if you need a jip replacement.
in Bonney Lake, WA |
I had a total hip replacement January 2016, and am amazed and so thrilled with the outcome. It was so much easier than I had anticipated. Dr Barrett and his team do great work and make you feel as though you matter. Had seen several other Doctors before meeting with Dr. Barrett, and the moment he came in the room I knew he was the one. Would recommend him to anyone, in fact I have. Thank you Dr Barrett and team for giving me my mobility back.
in Renton, WA |
My surgery was a complex hip replacement secondary to a genetic defect. Surgery went off without a hitch, I've had zero complications from the surgery and my pain is totally gone. Dr. Barrett's selection of the anterior approach helped to keep my recovery period and post operative nuisances to a minimum. I was well informed prior to the surgery and well cared for the day of and after during my recovery in the Joint Center at Valley Medical Center. Top notch doc/hospital/group.
in Seattle, WA |
I had an excellent result with Dr. Barrett's anterior-approach total hip replacement in early 2014. I recommend Dr. Barrett without reservation. He is a leader in his profession and has a great resume ( http://www.prolianceorthopedicassociates.com/physicians/william-p-barrett-md/). He does hundreds of hip replacement surgeries each year, which is definitely what you want, as there is definitely a good-sized learning curve with the newer, better anterior approach. Thank you, Dr. Barrett !
in Seattle, WA |
I just had my hip replaced in January of 2016. I chose Dr. Barrett to perform my surgery for a couple of reasons: #1 He has done more anterior hip replacement surgeries than most of the orthopedic surgeons in the Seattle area. #2 He has a reputation for caring about his patients-he listens, answers all your questions and provides advice. I had no complications- I am 5 weeks out and walking 3+miles a day with big hills and looking forward to my first hike! I highly recommend him.
in Covington, wa |
I saw dr barrett for knee pain and swelling, he looked at xrays said I needed a total knee but although I lost 65 pounds I needed to lose more as I would get an infection and lose my leg! Update I went to dr milan moore in auburn not only was my total knee a success but he also replaced botb hips all within 16 weeks and all was a total success dr moore is #1 go to cascade orthopaedics in auburn I coudnt even walk into barretts office used 2 canes and he was only concerned about my weight now I
in Sumner, WA |
I had my left hip replaced by Dr Barrett in December. This was my 2nd hip replacement. I had my right hip replaced by a different Dr 10 years ago. What a difference! My recovery time was amazing! I was walking with a cane 4 days post surgery. I was back at my job as a PE teacher 3 weeks after surgery. I have no more hip pain! I highly recommend Dr Barrett. In fact, he is replacing my dad's hip in March!
in Renton, WA |
Dr. Barret is a very busy guy, but still takes the time to do seminars and meet with patients. He took the time to answer all out questions. His reputation is well-deserved. I couldn't be more satisfied with the care and outcome.
in North Bend, WA |
I was looking for the best Orthopedic Surgeon for a total left hip replacement - after years of running and the onset of arthritis and bone spurs. I was referred to Dr. Barrett by several individuals and my personal physician; I was advised to wait, if needed, for Dr. Barrett because he was tops in the field. I waited 5 months - but glad I did. I was up and walking the day after surgery, home on the following day, and threw away pain medication/walker/cane during the same week.
in washington state |
Dr Barrett preformed TWO total hip replacements on me and it was a total success!!!! I will refer him to anyone who is in need of a hip replacement. The new Anterior approach is the only way to have it done and he is THE DOCTOR OF CHOICE!!!! thank you Dr Barrett and your wonderful team!!!!
in Kent, WA |
Dr. Barrett takes a complete care approach to patients hip or knee issues vs. just rushing to surgery. He has a reputation of being one of the best in the Pacific Northwest and this reputation is well earned. He is very open and easy to talk to, takes time to discuss options and procedures, and provides excellent care before, during, and after surgery
Have you seen Dr. Barrett?
Are you Dr. Barrett? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barrett's Board Certifications

• Partial Knee Replacement
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

University Of Southern California

Completed in 1986

Harvard Sch Med
    University Of Southern California

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Barrett has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Barrett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barrett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Barrett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Washington not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Barrett

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Barrett's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Barrett

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Barrett says...

Hi. I am Dr. William Barrett. I specialize in primary and revision hip and knee replacement surgery. I started on this journey into medicine with a desire to help people and improve their lives. I have seen the evolution in medical care and specifically care for arthritic hips and knees. I have been fortunate to be a part of the evolution in design of hip and knee replacement implants.

Most patients who come to see me have experienced pain and associated loss of function in their affected joint. In cases of early to moderate arthritis, non operative measures are often successful in alleviating symptoms. In more advanced cases surgical intervention may be considered. I enjoy sitting down with the patient, listening to their story and deciding with them what would be the best treatment option. Please check out our website for more information about joint replacement.