Dr. William Barrett, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 69

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. William Barrett, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Renton, WA and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Southern California in 1980. He is affiliated with Valley Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. William Barrett, MD

Proliance Orthopedic Associates

4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 300 Renton, WA 98055
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Barrett with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at UW Medicine.

Make an appointment at UW Medicine today at (425) 523-1156.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of UW Medicine.

Dr. Barrett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Barrett

Best Surgean around hip replacement
Dr Barrett did my husband's hip replacement it went perfect he is now in need of his other hip done and he will only go see Dr Barrett the staff is all great from making the appt thru surgery and after
Ron Oline – Jul 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
I had a total hip replacement 10 weeks ago. It was an outpatient procedure and I am amazed at the results. I was in chronic pain for two years and was unable to stand or walk for any length of time. I am now pain free! I am able to go climb stairs and walk long distances again. The pain after surgery was minimal. I would highly recommend Dr. Barrett.
Paul – Oct 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr Barrett was referred to be as a person to do a total knee replacement. I went to his office and told my story after x rays we discussed the issue and I was sure I had picked the right person and said when can we do it! He said hold on an let’s fine out within a few minutes I had everything I needed. The surgery went great and all the people I dealt were very professional across the board. I am now doing my recovery and it’s all going well. I would recommend Dr Barrett to anyone looking to have a knee done.
Bruce – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr. Barrett is a fantastic surgeon! I’d recommend him to anyone and have done so. He did both my knees and they are better than ever so nice to be pain free and get my life back! He’s a life saver. Thanks Doc!
Lee Rhoden – May 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr. Barret is a very skilled surgeon with terrific bedside manner. He made sure I could reach him if I had any questions. He followed up directly after surgery. I am amazed how much better I am since having the surgery. He did an excellent job and recovery seemed quick to me. I know he's going to retire soon, so get in with him before he does!!
Mary Gardocki – Mar 23, 2021
Hi Mary, thanks for your kind words. I am so glad...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr. Barrett replaced my right hip in 2002. The whole experience with the doctor and the hospital were beyond my expectations. I was attending college and was back in classes within the week. Nearly 20 years later I have had no complications. I believe there isn't a better hip surgeon or treatment facility in the NW.
Joseph Baker – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
He was awesome. So was the staff.
Howard Knopf – Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
DR BARRETT replaced my right hip joint. Recovery went very smoothly, climbing up and down ladders, hiking in the woods, normal activity only after a couple weeks after surgery. I would highly recommend DR BARRETT he also replaced my wife’s right hip joint 11 years ago and it went as smoothly as my did!
Neil Kocina – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
I had my left knee replaced by Dr. Barrett in October 2020. This was eight years after he did my right knee. I could not recommend this team more. They have everything I think you should be looking for in a joint replacement practice: there is a focus on hip and knee replacement, they have a high annual volume of procedures, there is a dedicated floor for recovery post-surgery with staff specifically oriented to joint replacement surgery, and the team has a leading role nationally in developing and improving surgical techniques and TKA implants. I am six weeks post surgery and walking comfortably without a cane or crutches. I could not be happier with the outcome
James Tupper – Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr. Barrett was kind and anticipated my questions, and answered them fully. All the staff members were very professional. I was walking on my new knee without a walker or cane within two days. Back to (standing) work in three weeks.
Nov 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr. Barrett performed the anterior THR on me and the entire experience was fantastic! I went home the next day, and was walking without assistance of any kind on day 4! Four months later and my scar is hardly noticeable and I so very happy with my new hip, Dr Barrett & his PA Jana are kind, caring, and definitely experts at what they do! His MA Tasha was a pleasure to work with, as were his X-ray techs. I highly recommend Dr. Barrett if you need a new hip! He has given my life back so I can once again pursue my rockhounding hobby.
Kathy Marcos – May 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Words cannot express the amazing Awesomeness of Dr. Barrett and his entire team. I had my left hip replaced on February 24th 2020 and was back at work by March 11th 2020. I felt so good. Dr. Barrett is by far the best doctor I have experienced not only for his personality and how down to earth he is but how great my surgery went and too my quick recovery is a testament to his skill. I also wanted to recognize his team as well because I know that adds up to Dr. Barrett's success as well. All of my appointments before and after surgery were great. I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Barrett and his team to anyone looking for any kind of knee or hip replacement. Just trust me when I say, "Look no where else if surgery is needed then Dr. Barrett and his team." You are in fantastic and amazing hands. I will soon have to have my other hip replaced and I will look no where else to have it done then Dr. Barrett and his team at Proliance Orthopedics.
Aaron Peterson – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
I'm 16 weeks post Total Knee Replacement by Dr. Barrett. It was a great experience, except for the first 2-3 painful weeks, and has gone exactly as detailed by Dr. Barrett and his team. I highly recommend you go to the expert and really listen to what they tell you to do. The surgery is 20% of the undertaking, the final outcome is really up to the patient and their ability to push through PT and working hard to get back full pain free range of motion. I was able get back to biking and x-c skiing within 10 weeks. And yes - I waited too long. Get it done :)
Bruce M – Mar 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr. Barrett replaced my right knee in October of 2016. It was such a life changer that when my left knee needed surgery there was no question who I would call. Eight weeks out and I can resume walking and playing on the floor with my grandkids. Dr. Barrett and staff are always responsive and friendly. I never feel rushed or that I'm just a name to check off the list.
cheryl – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Dr. Barrett has been my doctor for over 30 years now I cant begin to say enough good things about him, he has been such a wonderful and great doctor, after multiple hip surgery's and now my knee I cant thank him enough, with all my arthritis he has made my quality of life so much better. His assistants and staff are all so awesome and caring as well. Thanks Dr. Barrett and staff
Alicia from Kent – Oct 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Everything about my experience with Dr. Barrett was first rate. He took ample time to listen to my concerns and explain options best suited for my active lifestyle without a trace of arrogance or impatience. There was no cookie cutter approach to my care. He and his team honored my anxiety over joint replacement and answered every question I threw their way. Many joint replacements are done these days as outpatient surgery. That was not an attractive option for me and I was pleased to have an overnight at Valley Medical under the watchful eye of wonderful staff that eased my mind and kept me comfortable. My follow up care has been equally first rate. I am three months post-op and back to my active lifestyle. I wish I hadn't waited so long to have this surgery. Thank you Dr. Barrett.
Louise Nadeau – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Great bedside manner, excellent surgeon,j professional staff.
Sue Hawkins – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
I have had a hip and knee replacement by Dr Barrett. Everything has been excellent. Highly recommend
george whyel – Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Based on Age and fitness and the fact that I was Bone on Bone on both sides. Dr. Barrett performed a dual hop replacement and the results were fantastic. I feel that I was prepared on the day of surgery and felt great with the post op communications. I m now at 6 weeks and starting PT beyond the prescribed exercises and recovering at what I feel is an amazing rate.
Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?
Just had a total hip replacement done by Dr Barrett. He is a miracle worker. No pain after it was done and I was walking within a few hours. He and all of the staff are wonderful. This was a great experience. If I need my knees or other hip done in the future would definitely go back to him. Thank you Dr Barrett and team!
Mary – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Barrett, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barrett?