Dr. William Baker, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Bakersfield, CA and has been practicing for 41 years. He specializes in internal medicine, family medicine, and more.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baker

4.5

Dr. Baker?
Dr. Baker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. William Baker, MD
Dr. Baker has been such a blessing. He helped me with so many different health problems and I can not thank him enough. I would recommend him to anyone who needed a doctor. His office is always very friendly and helpful too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker is a very helpful doctor. I have been going to hi. For years now and never have complaints!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
When making an appointment with doctor Baker always make sure and give yourself time between other appointments if you have any. His office runs behind sometimes and you don't want to have to miss other appointments. All around it is an amazing office with staff that care about the patients so much. Dr. Baker knows so much and is always willing to share his knowledge with his patients to help benefit them. I love Dr. Bakers office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker has been such a blessing to my family and me. He has gone the extra mile to make sure my health is where it should be. He is a very intelligent man and knows what he is doing. I would recommend him to friends and family with no hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker has helped me so much. I am so thankful for him! His office staff is amazing and they have been so helpful. I have gone into the office and made an appointment for that same day and they were still able to get me in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker is so helpful and his staff in the office are all so helpful. I would recommend Dr. Baker to any friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
I have been to many different doctors but Dr.Baker never fails to impress me with how much he knows and how much he cares for his patients. I have recommended quite a few different friends and family and they go to doctor Bakers office now as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
I come in the office with different needs almost every time I come in, and they always help with those needs. The office staff is always very friendly and they never seen to not put a smile on my face.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Amazing doctor ???????. I have known Dr. Baker almost all my life. As a child I accompanied my mother to her doctors appointments and translated for her. My mother has been seen at Dr. Bakers practice for the last 34 years. All the doctors there are ?? % for their patients. Very respectful, great listeners most importantly extremely knowledgeable. Clean friendly welcoming environment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Outstanding. Highly intelligent, very thorough, and genuinely cares. Yes, you will wait to see him, but Dr. Baker is regarded by those in the medical community to be the best Internist in Bakersfield. It is not uncommon to be in the waiting room and see one of his staff open the door and call for "Doctor -----" as his next patient. Several years ago I was in the waiting room and Dr. Hans Einstein (the world's foremost authority on Valley Fever) was waiting to see Dr. Baker. Speaks volumes!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Terrible and incompetent doctor. I came in multiple time for a clotting disorder, the incorrect tests were ordered several times, but despite not having the results the doctor made me come in so he could charge me for a visit only to tell me the results were not back. Each visit I had to wait over an hour as well. This doctor and this office is a joke. Avoid at all cost, go to a real competent physician for your clotting disorders, not a hack.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
I have known of Dr Baker for years; he is legendary within Bakersfield. Of recent I visited him in that I wish to change my primary care physician. I was not disappointed. He was clearly invested in what I explained and undoubtedly engaged in order to provide me care. I now know why he is a opined to be the best family internist in Bakersfield. Matt Montana
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Very happy with the level of care. Dr Baker is very knowledgeable, and his staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The wait time can be a little long sometimes, but emergencies happen, and giving a bit more of my time so he can treat another, is a small price to pay.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Dr. William Baker is a God send. My family has been going to him for years. He is a perfectionist and that is what you need in a doctor. He is compassionate, intelligent, caring and the best of all.. a great human being. You will not find a better doctor around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?
Dr Baker is a compassionate and professional Doctor. His knowledge is far reaching and his referrals are with equally highly qualified specialistd.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. William Baker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baker?

Dr. Baker accepts

Dr. Baker accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Blue Shield of California
Blue Shield of California PPO
Coventry Health Care
Guardian
PacifiCare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Baker treats your condition or procedure

• Injuries
  • Physical Examination
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Examination

Please contact my office to learn more about my care philosophy.

• Sports Medicine

University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine
1978
1976
1975

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Baker treats patients.

Mercy Hospitals