Dr. Willard Harrill, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Harrill

Carolina Ear, Nose & Throat Head and Neck Surgery Center, PA

149 W Parker Rd Ste C Morganton, NC 28655

Dr. Willard Harrill, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Morganton, NC and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine in 1992 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat.

Dr. Harrill accepts

Dr. Harrill accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Guardian PPO
MedCost
MedCost PPO
Medicaid
Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH)
Medicaid Assignment

• Adenoidectomy
  • Airway Disorders
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balance Testing
  • Cochlear Implant Insertion
  • Common Cold
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Congenital ENT Surgery
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Ear Infection
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Reconstruction
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Esophageal Dilatation
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Frenectomy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Aid
  • Hearing Loss
  • Heartburn
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Motion Sickness
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Obstruction
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Pediatric Surgical Procedures
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Snoring Therapy
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Stapedectomy
  • Strep Throat
  • Streptococcal Infections
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Voice Disorders
  • Voice Surgery
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Offering the best office staff and setting to provide the best Ear, Nose and Throat and Allergy care

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

1994
1992
1988

• J. Charles Dickson Research Award Baylor College of Medicine, 1996
  • CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Allscripts Professional EHR, Allscripts, 2013
  • Fellow (FAAO-HNS) American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2016
  • Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons, 2016
  • Resident Research Award Texas Association of Otolaryngology, 1995

• Quality of life and health status in pediatric tonsil and adenoid disease. Stewart, M.G., Friedman, E.M., Sulek, M., Hulka, G. F., Kuppersmith, R.B. Harrill, W.C., Bautista, M.H.; Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg., 2000 Jan.
  • The effects of an outpatient practice guideline at a teaching hospital: a prospective pilot study. Stewart, M.G., Harrill, W.C., Ohlms, L.A.; Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg., 1997 Oct.
  • Barotrauma after stapes surgery: a survey of recommended restrictions and clinical experiences. Harrill, W.C., Jenkins, H.A., Coker, N.J.; Am J Otol., 1996 Nov.
  • Laryngopharyngeal reflux: a possible risk factor in laryngeal and hypopharyngeal carcinoma. Harrill, W.C., Stasney, C.R., Donovan, D. T.; Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg., 1999 Apr.
  • Radiofrequency turbinate reduction: a NOSE evaluation. Harrill, W.C., Pillsbury, H.C., McGuirt, W.F., Stewart, M.G.; Laryngoscope., 2007 Nov.

Memberships & Affiliations

4.2

Dr. Harrill?
Dr. Harrill's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Willard Harrill, MD
He listened to me, answered all my questions in a manner that I could understand. I had complications with surgery (no fault of his) and he reassured me he was with me through this period which I felt that I was NOT being abandoned and pushed aside. Definitely would recommend Dr. Harrill at Hickory clinic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
I saw Dr. Harrill because I had an extremely sore throat. He was professional and friendly and put me at ease. He diagnosed tonsillitis immediately and prescribed medicine to clear up the infection.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
I'm very satisfied with my physician of Carolina ENT Dr. Hiarrill. His diagnosis was right on with out question. I would recommend others for sure to schedule an appointment with Dr. Harrill for any related ENT issues. His practice is very accommodating with same day appointments, this is rare for most specialist practice's . Great clinical staff audiologist department Sara very caring lady . She helped me with choosing the best hearing aids for me. Thank you Dr. Harrill for helping me to hear
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
I recently was referred to a specialist in Hickory at Carolina Ear, Nose & Throat, Dr. Willard Harrill, ENT. I scheduled a visit with Dr. Harrill, for an ear problem, dizziness, ear pain and balance issue. He didn't even look in my ears... but examined my mouth then referred me to an allergist. I would suggest you look for another ENT, would not recommend him to anyone. I am now looking for a real specialist. Don't waste you time on Dr. Harrill, he's probably ready for retirement anyway. :(
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
My husband was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease by another doctor, but we were unhappy with him for a number of reasons. On our first visit to Dr. Harrill he really listened to everything my husband told him that had been going on for months. The diagnosis was confirmed, but he also worked at finding solutions to manage it. We highly recommend Dr. Harrill for his compassion, his knowledge and his willingness to handle a difficult condition
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Dr. Harrill has rebuilt my son's ears and also done surgery on my sinuses. He is professional and of a standard that most Doctors never achieve. He knows how to LISTEN and also knows how EXPLAIN. And he treats every patient as if we are a family member. He is AWESOME!!!!! I trust his judgement and skill totally.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Dr. Harrill has provided exceptional care to my daughter for over 19 years. She was diagnosed with a rare disease in both ears when she was 4 years old which threatened her hearing. Several surgeries have been required to protect and maintain her hearing. It is very difficult to have your child deal with an issue like this, but Dr. Harrill has always been there to give us a clear understanding of the current status, the treatment plan, but most of all, caring reassurance. We treasure him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Absolutely recommend Dr. Harril,he is very thorough in explaining treatment.He and staff are very nice and curtious
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Dr. Harrill is very easy to talk with. His knowledge and caring for his patients makes him easy to recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Very polite and concerned about my problem quick to explore and find solution very through.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
My son has been a patient for many years and Dr Harill is always awesome in treating his ear. He has had extensive surgeries and painful cleanings but Dr Harill is always gentle and kind to him he never dreads going to the dr. I will always recommend him for any ENT needs!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
We have been wih Dr Harill since my oldest was 6 months old (she is 11 now). My youngest is 3, so no doubt about it when she got repeated ear infections we went to Dr Harill after getting nowhere with her Dr just like it was with my oldest. I have had a cyst removed and my esophagus stretched as well. Dr Harill is an awesome Dr he always has a smile on his face and my girls (finally) learned that he was gonna help them feel better...We love Dr. Harill and I will highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Excellent experience. Dr. Harrill has performed one surgery on left ear and did a Baha implant Jan. 2012. Could not ask for better care! He is friendly, kind and shows concern for your well being. He spends as much time with you as you need--you are not "rushed out" while at the same time he is very professional. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Dr. Harrill is a great ENT !! He has done several surgeries on me, and done a great job. He does a great job on cleaning my sinus, & ears out !! I highly recommend him too everyone that ask me who to go to with sinus, ear, or throat problems. He is very professional, and a very smart doctor. He always greets you with a nice big smile. Appreciate how he takes good care of me, and my 2 sisters. We all like him, and his staff is friendly too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Experienced prolonged sinus issues, an in-office balloon sinuplasty was decided upon. The results were wonderful but there was insurance issues that were raised to a second appeal level. The office worked with me and insurance for 8 months to resolve and issues that were no fault of the doctors office or myself, and did not bill me until resolved. Dr. Harrill even took time to participate in phone conference to assist. Very pleased with the office and Dr. on every level.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Dr. Harrell and his staff are very professional and knowledgeable. He is very pleasant and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
My one year old son was referred to Dr. Harrill for tubes due to frequent ear infections. Hesitant at the thought of surgery and him being put to sleep but knowing it had to be done. Dr. Harrill took such great care of him! He went back for surgery and by the time we sat down in the waiting room Dr. Harrill came out to assure us everything went great! Every visit him and his staff were quick to see us, courteous, yet took the time to explain and answer all questions. Only Dr he never cried with!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
The provider does not make good decisions regarding health issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
Patients need to know that their care, that is those to whom we entrust our therapy and possible cure, really are compassionate and are truly concerned for our welfare. My wife and I both felt that level of compassion, empathy and concern from Dr. Harrill, the staff at Carolina Ear Nose Throat Head Neck and Surgery Center, the staff at Viewmont Surgical Center, and from Lynne Myer. My wife and I are most grateful to them all for the care and concern and we thank all of them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?
I had trouble understanding conversations, especially in noisy settings. I had to say ?Huh?? many times, which was annoying. It was not an easy thing to admit that I needed hearing aids. My first visit with Dr. Harrill was enlightening...and fun. He explained the findings of my hearing test. Today, six months later, upon my return to evaluate my hearing aids and talk about an inner ear problem, he was the same personable man. Problem resolved and I love my hearing aids. Life is good.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Willard Harrill, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Harrill?

Carolina Ear, Nose & Throat Head and Neck Surgery Center, PA

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Harrill treats patients.

Compare Providers