Dr. Wesley P. Phipatanakul, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Phipatanakul's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Phipatanakul's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Phipatanakul

Dr. Phipatanakul accepts 14 insurance carriers

14 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Phipatanakul has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Phipatanakul

Dr. Phipatanakul's Review Details
4.9 based on 107 responses
Experience with Dr. Phipatanakul
Dr. Phipatanakul's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (100)
in Apple Valley, CA |
Found him to be friendly and able to communicate to me. He explained my problem and the options so that I could understand. I found him to be very efficient and should my other shoulder need the operation, This doctor would definitely be my choice to do the operation.My experience with his has been a 10+ out of 10 rating.
in San Bernardino, CA |
Dr. Phipatanakul is incredibly energetic and engaged. He actively listened to me and went over potential courses of action with outcome possibilities. He took time to address every concern I had. I felt as if we really were working together to give me the best outcome. While I am due form a shoulder replacement, I wanted to try an orthoscopic cleanout of the arthritis in the joint ... The surgery went great, my mobility and ROM improved, and my shoulder is much better, and pain is less.
in Apple Valley |
He is very knowledge and had a lot of experience in doing the surgery I needed to have done....I had a reverse total right shoulder replacement and he did an excellent job
in Hesperia, CA |
I have had several shoulder repair surgeries in the Victor Valley area......Dr. Phipatankul stands head & shoulder over all the previous doctors I have had. He explained everything he was going to do and what I could expect as far as pain and healing. He is fantastic.
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA |
My 80 year old mother recently fell and broke her femur. Dr. Phipatanakul performed surgery and it was very successful. He has been so kind and caring with my mom and she thinks he's just the best and it's true! He always takes time to listen and truly cares about his patients. We're so glad he was the one to do her surgery. The office staff is also very kind and we never wait more than 20 minutes. It's a great office overall.
in Perris, CA |
Dr. P was very quick concise and attentive. Saw him for two pre op and three post op for my shoulder as well as the surgery itself. I have recommended several friends to him.
in California |
I would highly recommend Dr. Wesley Phipatanakul to anyone who has shoulder pain. My pain is gone & the mobility has increased. He is amazing!!
in Apple Valley, CA |
Dr. Phipatanakul is an incredible doctor. He oozes intelligence, professionalism and a comforting sense of confidence. He has an excellent bed side manner and demonstrates a real concern for his patients well being. Many of his skills you just can not teach, most of which comes from experience.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Phipatanakul turned my Dad away from having a crucial shoulder surgery and said it would heal on its own, and couldnt operate anyways where there was minor roadrash. Called the hospital, and got a different surgeon who completely disagreed to Dr. Phipatanakul and took my Dad in for immediate necessary surgery. He was in a rush, and looked like he just wanted to get rid of him so he didnt have to wait long.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I met Dr Phipatanakul a couple of months ago. I am an 82 year old male who suffered a 4 part shoulder fracture and damaged rotator cuff from a severe slip and fall. At our first meeting Dr Phipatanakul carefully explained all of my treatment options. The best choice for me was a shoulder replacement. From the very first day he has been compassionate, patient, and concerned about me as a whole person. In my opinion, Dr Phipatanakul is a credit to his profession and Loma Linda Health Care
in Oak Hills, CA |
Dr Phipatanakul has taken care of me and several family members with shoulder problems of varying severities. All of our outcomes have been wonderful! I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone with shoulder issues. He is highly skilled, intelligent, compassionate and caring .
in Hemet, CA |
I and my wife found Dr. Phipatanakul to be understanding of my Shoulder problem, direct and positive in the Diagnosis and reassuring that he could resolve my problem! I had a major successful back surgery 20 years earlier and felt as much as ease that Dr. P could help my condition. He did!!! Even only about 5 weeks out of my surgery, I have stopped ALL pain meds and have NO PAIN! My incision is healing Great! I have already recommended a 30 year friend to Dr. P knowing he will help her!
in Lucerne Valley, CA |
He is not only a great doctor but a great PERSON.
in Box Elder South Dakota |
I found Dr. Pip on the internet. I was searching for a doctor who was experienced in Reverse Shoulder Replacement. I was 72 yrs. old with 2 bad shoulders. Dr Pip is the best. I had my right shoulder replaced in April 2015 and my left shoulder in November 2015. Both Dr. Pip and the Loma Linda Med Ctr have been wonderful. Dr Pip is compassionate, skilled beyond description, excellent surgeon. My results from surgery have been fantastic.
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA |
I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THE RESULTS OF MY TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT.
in Hemet, CA |
Love his personality. I was able to kid with him. Explaned problem. reviewed xrays with me. explaned surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Wesley P. Phipatanakul, MD?
Are you Dr. Wesley P. Phipatanakul, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Why It Matters: Dr. Phipatanakul's Board Certifications

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release

No malpractice history found for California.

Loma Linda University

Graduated in 1998

Wayne State University

Completed in 2009

California Pacific Medical Center

Completed in 2004

Dr. Phipatanakul has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

The International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR) delivers continuing medical education to orthopedic surgeons focused on the latest operative techniques, procedures, advanced devices, and improvements in patient care. Physicians affiliated with ICJR are committed to offering patients the best treatment options available today

×

Dr. Phipatanakul's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Phipatanakul

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Phipatanakul's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Phipatanakul

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Phipatanakul's Care Philosophy

My personal philosophy is that I treat patients not x-rays?. This means that I like to get to know my patients on a personal level so we can better address their wishes and concerns. I believe in open and direct communication between patient and physician.