Dr. Wesley Phipatanakul, MD

Dr. Wesley Phipatanakul, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

My personal philosophy is that I treat patients not x-rays?. This means that I like to get to know my patients on a personal level so we can better address their wishes and concerns. I believe in open and direct communication between patient and physician.

Dr. Wesley Phipatanakul, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Loma Linda, CA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Phipatanakul is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center - East Campus and Loma Linda University Medical Center.

Dr. Phipatanakul's Experience

See how Dr. Phipatanakul's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Phipatanakul

Dr. Phipatanakul accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Phipatanakul has admitting privileges.

Dr. Phipatanakul's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Phipatanakul to family and friends
    Dr. Phipatanakul's Performance
    in Lancaster |
    I have had excellent care from Dr. Phipatanakul and the rest of the Loma Linda staff. I had a total shoulder replacement in March 2017 and it has been very successful.
    in Hemet, CA |
    I recently had rotator cuff surgery performed by Dr. Phipatanakul. He is an excellent doctor and a very talented surgeon. I found him to be very professional, personable and patient in answering all my questions. He was very thorough in explaining the procedure, what I could expect and what would be a successful recovery process. He was involved in all aspects of the procedure including the scheduling of surgery. His staff was also very helpful and service oriented. I highly recommend him.
    in Hemet, CA |
    I injured my right shoulder 10 years ago, tried physical therapy, cortisone shots, and pain medication. Then, my range of motion deteriorated significantly; pain increased dramatically. I researched and found Dr Phipatanakul. He performed a Total Shoulder Replacement Surgery in March 2017. I now have remarkable improvement in range of motion, and stopped all pain meds two weeks after surgery. He is an exceptional talented Surgeon. Confident, knowledgeable, professional and caring.
    in Riverside, CA |
    Though young he is awesome ??. I'm 66 and I was apprehensive about a surgery I needed to have, skeptical as well. From the moment he entered the room he was respectful and answered every question I had confidently. His assurance of his experience and knowledge in his field immeadiately made me SURE HE WAS THE ONE TO DO MY SURGERY??. Due to this fact my surgery was scheduled right away, 2 weeks time to be exact, Dec. 21,2016. One can NOT go wrong picking him to operate. I THANK HIM
    Moreno Valley, CA |
    Dr Phipatanakul has replaced both my shoulders. The most recent one was done in February. I have had no problems with it and would gladly recommend him to anyone needed shoulder work. He is thorough and professional at all times.
    Riverside, CA |
    Listens cares and great results it doesn't get much better than that
    in Redlands, CA |
    Dr Phipatanakul performed a total reverse shoulder replacement with bone graft on me 6 weeks ago. Due to his expertise & care I am without pain & have more range of motion than prior to surgery. My results are beyond my expectations. Dr Phipatanakul is very thorough, informative & most congenial. He "listens" to his patients!! Hopefully I will not need my other shoulder replaced, but if necessary in the future, I will not hesitate to undergo this surgery as long as Dr Phipatanakul is my Surgeon
    Riverside, CA |
    Excellent surgeon, excellent results!
    Bloomington, CA |
    Excellent doctor. I am know able to use my shoulder after 45 years after having shoulder replacement. Would definitely recommend.
    in Fallbrook, ca |
    Dr. Phipatanakal was great! He took his time on our first visit to listen to my problem, asked me pertinent questions and documented everything appropriately. He then examined my injury and range of motion. Laid out three options and discussed each option. He considered my activity level as well as my age. I opted for a supra capsular reconstruction which he performed. Follow up visits were pleasant and timely. I never had to wait more than 5 min. Thanks for getting me back at tennis!
    in San Bernardino, CA |
    Goodness...where do I start! Let's put it this way...I wish all doctors were as personable, passionate about their work and thorough as Dr. Phipatanakal :-) I am so very greatful to have had Dr. Phipatanakul as my surgeon!!! I was very anxious going into this (complete shoulder replacement & repairs) but Dr. Phipatanakal completely put me at ease and he did a wonderful job on my shoulder!!! Now, two weeks later I'm already going to start physical therapy! Dr. Phipatananal...you are awesome!!
    in apple valley |
    professional, personable, energitic and very knowledgeable.
    in Crestline, CA |
    I had a broken humerus for over a year and had been told by two previous surgeons that surgery would be very very dangerous and that I should learn to live with the broken arm. When I met Dr. Phipatanakul, from the beginning, he was very positive about a successful surgery and told me he could fix my arm. His attitude was just the opposite of the other doctors and he instilled the confidence in me to have the surgery. His bedside manner is wonderful, he is down to earth, funny and very caring.
    in Canyon Lake, CA |
    Back to Dr Phip and staff, I had a total L shoulder revision replacement surgery n Step 2016. I now have almost complete range of motion in my arm and will after completing exercises. You HAVE to b dedicated, do the exercises and you'll have a new arm w NO pain. Thank you Dr Phip, you truly are a rock star! As is your staff! BTW i used to b a medical assistant, phlebotomist and caregiver, i know Drs. Thank you to to staff Davina and Jody! Rock Stars! Tammy Hodges
    in apple valley |
    I had to have a second surgery on my shoulder. I was fortunate to have Dr. Phipatatatanakul as my surgeon. What a wonderful,wonderful, dr. He put me at ease letting me know exactly what would be done.answered all my questions always keeping my comfort in mind. He seemed just as happy as I to see the progress.other Doctors could take lessons from him on bedside manner.
    in Oak Hills, CA |
    Dr. is very good. He scheduled my surgury for the day after I first saw him. I had already waited three weeks for my insurance to approve me to see him because of a broken shoulder. I have never had to wait long in his office. He has a great staff. He is very thorough and takes the time to explain everything.
    in Nuevo,ca |
    Dr. P is the best shoulder surgeon I have met. He explains your options clearly and concisely, answers any questions and is friendly and sensitive to my needs. After surgery, not only did I have a very small incision for a complete shoulder replacement I had very little pain. Two weeks later I am regaining my range of motion without pain or any other problems. I attribute my well being to the skill of Dr. P.
    in Fontana, CA |
    Explains the diagnosis, procedures to be done\, treatment. He did excellent surgery and my recovery was fast.
    in Calimesa, CA |
    Dr. Phipatanakul saved my foot best Dr. In the world thank you so much
    in Corona, CA |
    Dr. P has performed total shoulder replacements on both shoulders. One was 5 1/2 years ago. The second was June 2016. The results have been incredible. I have 95% range back and can do things I haven't been able to do for years! He is kind and caring! Great bedside manner!
    in Loma Linda, CA |
    Dr. Phipatanakul is excellent. His bedside manner is kind, knowledgeable, and competent. He explained my surgery options clearly and the surgery went off without a problem. I was very pleased with him and have referred family members/friends to him.
    in Apple Valley, CA |
    Found him to be friendly and able to communicate to me. He explained my problem and the options so that I could understand. I found him to be very efficient and should my other shoulder need the operation, This doctor would definitely be my choice to do the operation.My experience with his has been a 10+ out of 10 rating.
    in San Bernardino, CA |
    Dr. Phipatanakul is incredibly energetic and engaged. He actively listened to me and went over potential courses of action with outcome possibilities. He took time to address every concern I had. I felt as if we really were working together to give me the best outcome. While I am due form a shoulder replacement, I wanted to try an orthoscopic cleanout of the arthritis in the joint ... The surgery went great, my mobility and ROM improved, and my shoulder is much better, and pain is less.
    in Apple Valley |
    He is very knowledge and had a lot of experience in doing the surgery I needed to have done....I had a reverse total right shoulder replacement and he did an excellent job
    in Hesperia, CA |
    I have had several shoulder repair surgeries in the Victor Valley area......Dr. Phipatankul stands head & shoulder over all the previous doctors I have had. He explained everything he was going to do and what I could expect as far as pain and healing. He is fantastic.
    in Rancho Cucamonga, CA |
    My 80 year old mother recently fell and broke her femur. Dr. Phipatanakul performed surgery and it was very successful. He has been so kind and caring with my mom and she thinks he's just the best and it's true! He always takes time to listen and truly cares about his patients. We're so glad he was the one to do her surgery. The office staff is also very kind and we never wait more than 20 minutes. It's a great office overall.
    in Perris, CA |
    Dr. P was very quick concise and attentive. Saw him for two pre op and three post op for my shoulder as well as the surgery itself. I have recommended several friends to him.
    in California |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Wesley Phipatanakul to anyone who has shoulder pain. My pain is gone & the mobility has increased. He is amazing!!
    in Apple Valley, CA |
    Dr. Phipatanakul is an incredible doctor. He oozes intelligence, professionalism and a comforting sense of confidence. He has an excellent bed side manner and demonstrates a real concern for his patients well being. Many of his skills you just can not teach, most of which comes from experience.
    in San Diego, CA |
    Dr. Phipatanakul turned my Dad away from having a crucial shoulder surgery and said it would heal on its own, and couldnt operate anyways where there was minor roadrash. Called the hospital, and got a different surgeon who completely disagreed to Dr. Phipatanakul and took my Dad in for immediate necessary surgery. He was in a rush, and looked like he just wanted to get rid of him so he didnt have to wait long.
    in Palm Desert, CA |
    I met Dr Phipatanakul a couple of months ago. I am an 82 year old male who suffered a 4 part shoulder fracture and damaged rotator cuff from a severe slip and fall. At our first meeting Dr Phipatanakul carefully explained all of my treatment options. The best choice for me was a shoulder replacement. From the very first day he has been compassionate, patient, and concerned about me as a whole person. In my opinion, Dr Phipatanakul is a credit to his profession and Loma Linda Health Care
    in Oak Hills, CA |
    Dr Phipatanakul has taken care of me and several family members with shoulder problems of varying severities. All of our outcomes have been wonderful! I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone with shoulder issues. He is highly skilled, intelligent, compassionate and caring .
    in Hemet, CA |
    I and my wife found Dr. Phipatanakul to be understanding of my Shoulder problem, direct and positive in the Diagnosis and reassuring that he could resolve my problem! I had a major successful back surgery 20 years earlier and felt as much as ease that Dr. P could help my condition. He did!!! Even only about 5 weeks out of my surgery, I have stopped ALL pain meds and have NO PAIN! My incision is healing Great! I have already recommended a 30 year friend to Dr. P knowing he will help her!
    in Lucerne Valley, CA |
    He is not only a great doctor but a great PERSON.
    in Box Elder South Dakota |
    I found Dr. Pip on the internet. I was searching for a doctor who was experienced in Reverse Shoulder Replacement. I was 72 yrs. old with 2 bad shoulders. Dr Pip is the best. I had my right shoulder replaced in April 2015 and my left shoulder in November 2015. Both Dr. Pip and the Loma Linda Med Ctr have been wonderful. Dr Pip is compassionate, skilled beyond description, excellent surgeon. My results from surgery have been fantastic.
    in Rancho Cucamonga, CA |
    I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THE RESULTS OF MY TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT.
    in Hemet, CA |
    Love his personality. I was able to kid with him. Explaned problem. reviewed xrays with me. explaned surgery.
    Have you seen Dr. Wesley Phipatanakul, MD?
    Are you Dr. Phipatanakul?

Dr. Phipatanakul's Care Philosophy

Dr. Phipatanakul's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Phipatanakul has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Phipatanakul's Board Certifications

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Femur Fracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Glenoid Labrum Tear
    • Hand Fracture
    • Hip Fracture
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures