Dr. Wendy Wong, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 31 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Wong did a right knee replacement for me. She is an excellent surgeon, knowledgeable, professional, and punctual. She has a great bedside manner, very comforting, and listens to your concerns. Her staff in the hospital and office are really good as well. If you need a new knee go see Dr. Wendy Wong...don't wait!
Author:
My hip replacement experience was better than I'd anticipated. Dr. Wong and her staff at Muir Orthopedic in Walnut Creek were friendly, reassuring, punctual and very professional. The facility was spotless. My procedure must have been a success because I was walking without cane or walker within two weeks. It's been four weeks today and I am feeling great. My incision has healed very nicely and is not disfiguring. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wong to anyone who is facing a hip replacement operation.
Author:
Dr. Wong saved my life. My artificial hip had dislocated, and my femur was imbedded in my pelvis. There was a screw attached to the femur, which was very close to my femoral artery. Dr. Wong removed my femur from my pelvis successfully without incident. She correctly diagnosed the problem to be an infection in the hip just from my symptoms (confirmed with tests). She stuck with me for 7 months while I went through IV antibiotics and three more hospital stays. She explained everything that was happening to me, came to visit me, and was very diligent in making sure I did not get another infection. She is an amazing, careful, detailed, compassionate surgeon that I would go to again in a heartbeat!
Author:
My first impression of Dr. Wendy Wong was one of professionalism, and confidence. After I left my first visit, I knew I would be in the best of hands and excited to have a hip replacement. It’s now been 10 days since my procedure, and I’ve had no complications. Everything went better than expected. I cannot stop bragging about this wonderful surgeon to all my friends who may need a hip or knee procedure in their future. Dr. Wong deserves every five stars. *****
Author:
Dr. Wong performed a hip replacement on me almost four months ago. She informed me of my deteriorating arthritis, briefly explained the xray, and gave me options of a temporary fix, a permanent replacement, or simply living with the pain. She answered all my questions about the procedure, and gave me a positive, but conservative, assessment on my recovery time and future mobility, telling me I would probably never play shortstop for the Yankees but would run, hop, skip, and jump as before. Thankfully, Dr. Wong did not pat my had, tell me how brave I am or try to elicit my life story of pain. Neither did she, in any way, attempt to sway me toward this procedure. After about 2 months following the replacement I was totally pain free and could ski and play golf as I had before; actually better. I give Dr. Wong very high marks as a skilled surgeon. Further, I very much appreciated her kindness, good-nature and intelligent approach toward presenting the big-picture realities on my
Author:
I have received excellent care from Dr. Wong for a fractured tibia and would not hesitate to recommend her. She listened to my concerns and took them into account when recommending the best treatment for me. In addition to being a knowledgeable and capable surgeon, she is a delightful person!
Author:
Dr Wong is knowledgeable, frank and personable. She makes a patient feel very important, not just a body passing through the office. On the day of surgery, she and her surgical nurse rolled my gurney to surgery. Full service! Definitely would return to her if other orthopedic surgery is ever needed. I have already recommended her to a friend.
Author:
Dr. Wong is awesome! The facility is nice and the staff is very friendly.
Author:
Dr Wong and her staff have fabulous since our initial consultation. She is always friendly and knowledgeable and cares about her patients first. I would recommend her to anyone and would welcome her to see and treat my daughters, wife or mother. I can’t recommend her highly enough.
Author:
My grandma got her first of 2 knees done done by her in June 2018. In February 2019, she had the 2nd knee replacement done. It's April of 2019 and she is happier than ever that she doesn't have the knee pain that killed her for more than 15 years. Dr. Wong really changed her life. One of the best, if not the best doctor she has had.
Author:
Dr.Wong treated my mom for 2 knees and now my mom is walking perfectly with no problems! Our experience with her was great! Excellent doctor! Definitely recommend!
Author:
I visited two other orthopedic surgeons before scheduling an appointment with Dr. Wong. The first two rushed me in and out after waiting a significant time in the waiting room. Dr Wong listened to my concerns, and took time to understand my medical condition. She is excellent, and I highly recommend Dr. Wong and her staff.
Author:
Dr. Wong was very professional, thorough and answered all my questions in my initial interview. I went forward with right hip replacement surgery, and she did an excellent job. The "anterior" approach she uses allowed me to leave the hospital the day after surgery, and recovery is progressing very quickly. I specified no narcotics for pain, during or after surgery, which she honored, and I have had very little pain during recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Wong.
Author:
Dr. Wong replaced both of my knees. My knees are in very good condition, I have no pain and I have full flexibility in both knees. I highly recommend her for full knee replacement surgery.
Author:
My recent hip replacement procedure by Dr. Wendy Wong went as she explained it from beginning to end. She answered all my questions, gave me options from the start and my mental health and concerns were as important to her as my physical health. Thanks to Dr. Wong and the staff at Muir Orthopaedics I went into that operating room with total confidence. The diligence, patience, concern and all around amazing work ethic from Dr. Wong and her M.A. Angela earn her 5 gold stars and then some.
Author:
Dr. Wong gave me (hip replacement) a whole new life, in truth. I thank God for her; I will always be grateful to her and I will always remember her. The one doctor i needed most, with pain so acute in my right hip, pain with depression and I had to overcome so many obstacles; I got the most educated doctor I have ever met in my life. Zero pain, period. Not in surgery. Not in recovery. Not ever, and the most patient centric doctor. It was literally like a vacation and whole new life to me.
Author:
If you are looking for a Dr. that is actually interested in what is going on with your physical situation and pain, Dr. Wong is not for you. She is abrupt and not interested in getting to the root of the problem. She is in a rush and has terrible bedside manners. During my husband's exam when he was trying to tell her about his back, knee and hip pain and that he wanted to find out if one was causing the other she said, "Just pick one. I can't fix them all. I just don't have the time." wow!
Author:
Dr. Wong recently performed a revision for my hip (left) replacement (one that I'd had almost 30 years ago). She did a terrific job in terms of diagnosing the issue, preparation and performing the surgery. As a result, my recovery has been very fast with minimal pain or discomfort. I especially liked that she was direct in explaining my options for the hip (i.e., performing the hip surgery immediately or delaying it) as well as responding to whatever questions I had prior to the procedure.
Author:
My mother had been limping for years due to severe arthritis. And due to Dr Wong's willingness to take on my mother's case. My mother's quality of lie improved. Dr Wong saved her from her debilitating illness. Dr Wong gave us realistic expectations before, during, and after surgery. She addressed all the concerns we had. She communicated with my mother as if she was her own. She was really personable and made herself available if we needed to reach her. She is a great and compassionate surgeon
Author:
Went in for knee injury sustained 10 days ago. Doctor Wong rushed in and out of this appointment- barely asked symptoms or treatments that I had been doing. Began to evaluate and mobilize my knee without explaining or slowing down when I was tensing up. I could barely get a question in before she was rushing out the door. Given I was there for an 1 hour and a half, face-to-face time with the doctor was minimal. Would not recommend this doctor. Poor communication and extremely rude.
Author:
Came into examining room and said I won't shake your hand. I have an eye infection caught from my preschooler. She also kept sniffing and it sounded like she had a cold. I wish she would have worn a mask so that I wouldn't catch whatever she might have had. She looked at my X-Ray and didn't explain anything. Pushed down on my head, asked if it hurt, I said no and she left, never to return. I came in for arm pain and that was completely ignored. The 5 minute appointment was a total waste of time
Author:
I had my left hip completely shut. Barely could move with crutches my pain was something I wouldn’t wish on anybody. When I called Muir Orthopedic the lady asked me if I don’t mind having female surgeon, like if there was something wrong with it. Naturally I didn’t mind all I cared about was surgery ASAP. I think I made the best choice DR. Wong was not only courteous and explained my options thoroughly but made me feel like a family. I could walk again in no time. Dr. Wong still cares for me and
Author:
Xrays sent in advance...exact appt. San Ramon ...handshake.."Only thing I can do for you is surgery..can do now or in 5 yr."...I asked couple questions. Mid question.."Get on the table ."..I went to finish my question "Get on the table !" ...scissored my legs. "You can sit up now".. I asked a couple more questions.mid question , she opened the door , turned sideways ..put her hand to her chest...made hand bye-bye and closed the door. I was stunned ! No more than 5 min. Rude. Can not recommend.
Author:
There is not enough space in this review area to provide all the outstanding characteristics that Dr. Wong possesses in regards to orthopedic surgery. The first arrival found Dr. Wong highly knowledgeable of my right hip difficulties. During the entire or per-operation, surgery completion, and recovery period Dr. Wong worked closely with all health care providers to ensure my health care. I am now pain-free and mobile. I would recommend Dr. Wong to all, especially my loved ones.
Author:
I met with Dr. Wong and at first was concerned she did not have an much experience as her peers for a full hip replacement. After meeting her. I was convinced she was the best option for me. She was knowledgeable, confident, had done over 300 procedures so I felt very comfortable with her. I could not be happier with my results! The entire experience was great and I was walking without a walker or cane within 2 weeks. If I ever need my other hip replaced, I would only use Dr. Wong
Author:
I had an excellent experience as a patient of Dr. Wong's. She completed a full knee replacement for me. She is a very skilled surgeon. Both before and after the surgery, she did an excellent job of explaining procedures and answering my questions. I made a rapid recovery and was able to return to work after only 6 weeks. My flexibility has exceeded expectations, and I am virtually pain free. I expect to have my other knee replaced at some point, and I will definitely return to Dr. Wong.
Author:
Referred to Dr Wong from a surgeon who replaced my hip (I had a great experience and assumed he would be the surgeon to work with my mother-in-law). After examining her he said the complexity of the case was too great and we should see a reconstruction specialist - Dr Wong. She is that and more - an artist. She took a collapsed hip, reconstructed the pelvis, and replaced the joint. The post-op xray deserved a fistpump. Mom is 2 months pain free and enjoying a mobile life again. FANTASTIC!
Author:
Initially, Dr. Wong spent a great deal of time explaining the procedure she was proposing to eliminate my knee pain. As the time for surgery grew closer, she took the time to re-explain everything to my husband. I felt like I could ask her anything, and she would listen and discuss my concerns. Post-surgery, she was attentive and helpful with pain control. A very positive experience in all areas, including the office staff.
Author:
Dr. Wong did a hip revision and replacement surgery on me on May 19th. I finally am able to walk without any pain. She is an excellent doctor. She explains all details so that you can understand what is involved. She cares about you and when you leave a message for her to call you she does. I can't recommend her highly enough.
Author:
Dr Wong was rude and did not take me seriously. She made me feel like an idiot. She was very unprofessional. Her staff was very nice, but she needs to learn a thing or two about how one should treat patients.
Author:
I'm French, on the 9 of january, in the morning I had an accident at my Son's house, in San Ramon. my femoral neck broken. Dr W.Wong operates me in the afternoon. I'm very satisfied about this surgery. Dr W. Wong and all the orthopedic staff were perfect and very kind. Now, I'm back in France, I visited my surgeon, and he told me that the surgery was very good and congratulated the work of Dr W.Wong. Thank you Doctor W.Wong, and all the staff from San Ramon Hospital regional center.