Dr. Wendy Wong, MD

Dr. Wong
Telehealth services available

Muir Orthopedic Specialists

2405 Shadelands Dr Walnut Creek, CA 94598

Dr. Wendy Wong, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as John Muir Health, Concord Medical Center and John Muir Health, Walnut Creek Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wong to book an appointment.

Dr. Wong's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wong

4.5

Dr. Wong?
  • Appointment scheduling (36)
  • Office environment (36)
  • Staff friendliness (36)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
I was very nervous before I had the hip replacement surgery preformed by Doctor Wong . I could not have received better care anywhere. Her staff and her did the best job possible. I was prepared well and could get answers to any questions any time of day even on weekends. I have to still do my left hip in the future and I know where it will be done .
mike apodaca – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Dr. Wendy Wong is a skilled magician, who performed my total hip replacement with the ease of someone who knows exactly what they are doing. That’s why, from start to finish, it seemed like magic to me. I went home from the hospital the same day, wondering if I’d really had major surgery. And now, 3 months later, I’ve had a stress free and nearly painless recovery - walking, running and jumping. I can barely even see the scar. Hats off to Dr. Wong - surgeon and magician.
Mark Berenson – Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Dr. Wendy Wong did a tremendous procedure on my hip replacement. The procedure was on August 20th. I was able to walk two weeks later without the need for a cane or a walker. What a relief!
Diane Platner – Oct 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
I am 73 years old, in reasonably good health. Two weeks ago Dr. Wendy Wong performed a partial replacement of my right knee. The entire experience, from the treatment leading up to the replacement, the replacement itself, and the aftercare has been excellent. Dr. Wong advised that I work on the muscles in my legs prior to the surgery, which I did and it really paid off (it also helped that I dropped 10 pounds). The day of the procedure was problem free, and I was able to go home the same day. I was told to expect to use walking aids for up to 60 days after the surgery, but I ditched my walker the second day and the cane three days later. My knee straightening and flexion and very close to normal and I walk without a problem, even up and down stairs. I drove myself to my post-op appointment today,14 days after the surgery. Basic meds (no opioids) have eliminated my pain.All in all, the whole experience has been far better than I expected. Dr. Wong and her team are excellent
Tom Byrom – Sep 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Dr. Wong replaced my left hip in June 2020. I was up and walking with a walker the day of the surgery. I was able to go home in less than 24 hours. Two days after the surgery, I no longer needed the walker. Within two weeks I was walking 3 miles a day. I cannot say enough about the quality of care I received from Dr. Wong and her entire extended team of professionals from pre-surgery, surgery, recovery and physical therapy.
Doug – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
I wanted to follow up on my right hip replacement surgery performed a few months back, by saying THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to Dr. Wendy Wong of Muir Orthopedic Specialists. When we met she provided all options offering the pros and cons of each potential treatment option. Wendy and her staff made me feel like family with the care and genuine concern that you receive from those who care. The over and above efforts by herself and her staff has amazed me thru this whole process. I truly can’t thank them enough for all the Large and Small, seemingly insignificant things that made the world of difference to me and my recovery. I recommend Wendy and this group of professionals with highest confidence and know you’ll receive world class treatment as well. Their not just professionals, they are caring on compassionate human beings that set the example for their industry. Thanks again Dr. Wong your amazing!
Matt Rivas – Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Dr. Wong did a left knee replacement for me on 5/12/20, just when elective surgeries were re-opening. She arranged for my procedure to be at the Sequoia Surgery Center, thank you Dr. Wong! The surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurses and staff were all excellent. Punctual, friendly, reassuring, competent and helpful. My procedure started at 7:30 am and I was home at 5:15 pm...amazing. The Sequoia center provided me the best care with minimal risk of exposure to other patients. You should try it, it really worked for me. I strongly recommend Dr. Wong for your hip and knee replacement surgery. She and her staff are the very best I have ever had. Thanks again Dr. Wong!
Tom Platner – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Dr. Wendy Wong replace my right hip. Dr. Wong is one of the best people, and definitely the best doctor I’ve come across in my 70 years. I am team Dr. Wong
Mel Everage – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Thanks to Dr. Wong’s gift as an orthopedic surgeon my knee replacement went very well and I recovered quickly. She is a happy person who is interested in getting to know her patients and exploring all options before doing surgery. Dr. Wong had me well prepared for my surgery with exercises to do before and sent me all the necessary information so I would know what to expect. If I ever need the second knee replaced, I sure know where to go!!
Jan M. – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Dr. Wong performed a very successful hip replacement for me. She and her staff were very informative as to setting expectations for every step of the way. I am pleased to say that the results are excellent.
Apr 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Just want to get on with my right knee revision.
Jon Keppel – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
At 83 years old having been through two total hip replacements I was very scared to have a knee replacement due to my age and the recovery that was ahead of me. Dr. Wong came highly recommended and from my first meeting with her I felt her genuine concern for my health and well being. Thankfully the surgery was a success and throughout my follow up visits I felt confident that I was making progress. The physical therapy was a huge factor in my recovery and I am grateful to have had those sessions. I cannot recommend Dr. Wong highly enough. I am so grateful to be walking pain free for the first time in years.
Brunhilde Huetter – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
I went through a hip replacement with Dr. Wong, and couldn't be happier with the outcome. She was wonderful as we approached the surgery, and I am now three months post-surgery and feel amazing. It has been a great success.
Lisa Riedmiller – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Same day emergency surgery following an accident. Dr. Wendy Wong came in the ER introduced herself, explained the extend of my injuries and what to expect post-operatively. Don't let her size fool you she is a Warrior! It has been a long recovery but a good one. She certainly is a great Orthopedic Surgeon.
Cece M. – Dec 28, 2019
Thank you for your review! We wish you a very...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
I would NEVER RECOMMEND Dr Wong. I have had 3 unsuccessful surgeries with her and I am now seeing a Neurosuergon at UCSF for foot drop (one of the 2ed major complications of the last surgery) I should have learned my lesson after her 2ed try however I tried to keep faith in her and finally my last surgery was loaded with complications and I was finally released from the hospital after a month when I should have gone home after 2 days. It has been a very difficult and life changing. If you do decide to see her for uncomplicated health concerns she may okay, but after 3 major surgeries in 12 months I finally learned. UCSF, you are a drive for me/us but having a specialist who will follow you in the hospital after major surgeries and unexpected complications is worth the drive.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
M. C. in Orinda, CA – Dec 03, 2019
We appreciate your feedback, our team is here to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Sept '19 had a knee replaced by Dr. W.Wong-professional,knowledgeable,personable,answered all my questions w/ clarity, approachable by phone,staff replied w/ answers in a timely fashion. Dr Wong was there after my recovery. She likes when patients do their homework as well,then we all get a thumbs up. I appreciate your service Dr Wendy Wong.
Loretta Kyle – Nov 27, 2019
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Not as much room here as on other physician rating sites, but know that I needed a total hip replacement due to an injury, found Dr. Wendy Wong through research, and the procedure recommended was a Direct Anterior Approach, as the surgical incision was minimal, the procedure was less stressful on the body, and the recovery time was much less. I was amazed! That same day I was up and walking with a walker, home the next day still using the walker, and on the third day after surgery I was walking with just a cane for half the day and then completely on my own. Within a week I was back to full strides and still very little pain, thanks to good medication management and with limited use of opiates to avoid addiction risk. I highly recommend Dr. Wendy Wong, her team, and the Direct Anterior Approach to anyone who is in need of total hip replacement surgery.
Shags – Nov 07, 2019
Thank you for your review! Much...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
My hip replacement experience was better than I'd anticipated. Dr. Wong and her staff at Muir Orthopedic in Walnut Creek were friendly, reassuring, punctual and very professional. The facility was spotless. My procedure must have been a success because I was walking without cane or walker within two weeks. It's been four weeks today and I am feeling great. My incision has healed very nicely and is not disfiguring. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wong to anyone who is facing a hip replacement operation.
Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Dr. Wong saved my life. My artificial hip had dislocated, and my femur was imbedded in my pelvis. There was a screw attached to the femur, which was very close to my femoral artery. Dr. Wong removed my femur from my pelvis successfully without incident. She correctly diagnosed the problem to be an infection in the hip just from my symptoms (confirmed with tests). She stuck with me for 7 months while I went through IV antibiotics and three more hospital stays. She explained everything that was happening to me, came to visit me, and was very diligent in making sure I did not get another infection. She is an amazing, careful, detailed, compassionate surgeon that I would go to again in a heartbeat!
S Steinberger – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
My first impression of Dr. Wendy Wong was one of professionalism, and confidence. After I left my first visit, I knew I would be in the best of hands and excited to have a hip replacement. It’s now been 10 days since my procedure, and I’ve had no complications. Everything went better than expected. I cannot stop bragging about this wonderful surgeon to all my friends who may need a hip or knee procedure in their future. Dr. Wong deserves every five stars. *****
Maggie Letner – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wong?

Dr. Wong values honest and direct communications and building a committed relationship with her patients. She believes in offering her patients the entire...Read more

Dr. Wong is fellowship-trained in hip / knee replacement and revision at Stanford University Medical Center.  She is board certified...Read more

• Orthopedics