Dr. Wendy Wong, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Female

Muir Orthopedic Specialists 2625 Shadelands Dr Ste 210 Walnut Creek, CA 94598 Get Directions
Dr. Wendy Wong, MD
Dr. Wong knew early on she wanted to be a surgeon and work with her hands. For her, seeing the drastic improvement in her patients' quality of life is one of the most rewarding aspects of the job. In working with patients she puts a high priority on honest communication and building a positive relationship with them. She is fellowship-trained in joint replacement and revision at Stanford University Medical Center, and she received her medical degree from the Chicago Medical School. She is trained and especially interested in various total hip replacement approaches, including the muscle-sparing anterior approach She is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and Shanghainese, and is working towards a fluency in medical Spanish. Dr. Wong grew up in the East Bay and enjoys taking full advantage of all that the area has to offer with her husband and new baby girl. In her spare time she relishes running, hiking, yoga, baking and wine tasting.

Dr. Wong's Experience

See how Dr. Wong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wong

Dr. Wong accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Wong is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wong has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wong to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Wong's Performance
in Walnut Creek, CA |
My recent hip replacement procedure by Dr. Wendy Wong went as she explained it from beginning to end. She answered all my questions, gave me options from the start and my mental health and concerns were as important to her as my physical health. Thanks to Dr. Wong and the staff at Muir Orthopaedics I went into that operating room with total confidence. The diligence, patience, concern and all around amazing work ethic from Dr. Wong and her M.A. Angela earn her 5 gold stars and then some.
in Stanford, CA |
Dr. Wong gave me (hip replacement) a whole new life, in truth. I thank God for her; I will always be grateful to her and I will always remember her. The one doctor i needed most, with pain so acute in my right hip, pain with depression and I had to overcome so many obstacles; I got the most educated doctor I have ever met in my life. Zero pain, period. Not in surgery. Not in recovery. Not ever, and the most patient centric doctor. It was literally like a vacation and whole new life to me.
Walnut Creek, CA |
If you are looking for a Dr. that is actually interested in what is going on with your physical situation and pain, Dr. Wong is not for you. She is abrupt and not interested in getting to the root of the problem. She is in a rush and has terrible bedside manners. During my husband's exam when he was trying to tell her about his back, knee and hip pain and that he wanted to find out if one was causing the other she said, "Just pick one. I can't fix them all. I just don't have the time." wow!
in Martinez, CA |
Dr. Wong recently performed a revision for my hip (left) replacement (one that I'd had almost 30 years ago). She did a terrific job in terms of diagnosing the issue, preparation and performing the surgery. As a result, my recovery has been very fast with minimal pain or discomfort. I especially liked that she was direct in explaining my options for the hip (i.e., performing the hip surgery immediately or delaying it) as well as responding to whatever questions I had prior to the procedure.
San Ramon, CA |
My mother had been limping for years due to severe arthritis. And due to Dr Wong's willingness to take on my mother's case. My mother's quality of lie improved. Dr Wong saved her from her debilitating illness. Dr Wong gave us realistic expectations before, during, and after surgery. She addressed all the concerns we had. She communicated with my mother as if she was her own. She was really personable and made herself available if we needed to reach her. She is a great and compassionate surgeon
Castro Valley, CA |
Went in for knee injury sustained 10 days ago. Doctor Wong rushed in and out of this appointment- barely asked symptoms or treatments that I had been doing. Began to evaluate and mobilize my knee without explaining or slowing down when I was tensing up. I could barely get a question in before she was rushing out the door. Given I was there for an 1 hour and a half, face-to-face time with the doctor was minimal. Would not recommend this doctor. Poor communication and extremely rude.
Danville, CA |
Came into examining room and said I won't shake your hand. I have an eye infection caught from my preschooler. She also kept sniffing and it sounded like she had a cold. I wish she would have worn a mask so that I wouldn't catch whatever she might have had. She looked at my X-Ray and didn't explain anything. Pushed down on my head, asked if it hurt, I said no and she left, never to return. I came in for arm pain and that was completely ignored. The 5 minute appointment was a total waste of time
in Crockett, CA |
I had my left hip completely shut. Barely could move with crutches my pain was something I wouldn’t wish on anybody. When I called Muir Orthopedic the lady asked me if I don’t mind having female surgeon, like if there was something wrong with it. Naturally I didn’t mind all I cared about was surgery ASAP. I think I made the best choice DR. Wong was not only courteous and explained my options thoroughly but made me feel like a family. I could walk again in no time. Dr. Wong still cares for me and
in Alamo |
Xrays sent in advance...exact appt. San Ramon ...handshake.."Only thing I can do for you is surgery..can do now or in 5 yr."...I asked couple questions. Mid question.."Get on the table ."..I went to finish my question "Get on the table !" ...scissored my legs. "You can sit up now".. I asked a couple more questions.mid question , she opened the door , turned sideways ..put her hand to her chest...made hand bye-bye and closed the door. I was stunned ! No more than 5 min. Rude. Can not recommend.
in Oakley, CA |
There is not enough space in this review area to provide all the outstanding characteristics that Dr. Wong possesses in regards to orthopedic surgery. The first arrival found Dr. Wong highly knowledgeable of my right hip difficulties. During the entire or per-operation, surgery completion, and recovery period Dr. Wong worked closely with all health care providers to ensure my health care. I am now pain-free and mobile. I would recommend Dr. Wong to all, especially my loved ones.
in San Ramon |
I met with Dr. Wong and at first was concerned she did not have an much experience as her peers for a full hip replacement. After meeting her. I was convinced she was the best option for me. She was knowledgeable, confident, had done over 300 procedures so I felt very comfortable with her. I could not be happier with my results! The entire experience was great and I was walking without a walker or cane within 2 weeks. If I ever need my other hip replaced, I would only use Dr. Wong
Livermore, CA |
I had an excellent experience as a patient of Dr. Wong's. She completed a full knee replacement for me. She is a very skilled surgeon. Both before and after the surgery, she did an excellent job of explaining procedures and answering my questions. I made a rapid recovery and was able to return to work after only 6 weeks. My flexibility has exceeded expectations, and I am virtually pain free. I expect to have my other knee replaced at some point, and I will definitely return to Dr. Wong.
in Danville, CA |
Referred to Dr Wong from a surgeon who replaced my hip (I had a great experience and assumed he would be the surgeon to work with my mother-in-law). After examining her he said the complexity of the case was too great and we should see a reconstruction specialist - Dr Wong. She is that and more - an artist. She took a collapsed hip, reconstructed the pelvis, and replaced the joint. The post-op xray deserved a fistpump. Mom is 2 months pain free and enjoying a mobile life again. FANTASTIC!
in Danville, ca |
Initially, Dr. Wong spent a great deal of time explaining the procedure she was proposing to eliminate my knee pain. As the time for surgery grew closer, she took the time to re-explain everything to my husband. I felt like I could ask her anything, and she would listen and discuss my concerns. Post-surgery, she was attentive and helpful with pain control. A very positive experience in all areas, including the office staff.
in Benicia, Ca |
Dr. Wong did a hip revision and replacement surgery on me on May 19th. I finally am able to walk without any pain. She is an excellent doctor. She explains all details so that you can understand what is involved. She cares about you and when you leave a message for her to call you she does. I can't recommend her highly enough.
in Walnut Creek, CA |
Dr Wong was rude and did not take me seriously. She made me feel like an idiot. She was very unprofessional. Her staff was very nice, but she needs to learn a thing or two about how one should treat patients.
in France |
I'm French, on the 9 of january, in the morning I had an accident at my Son's house, in San Ramon. my femoral neck broken. Dr W.Wong operates me in the afternoon. I'm very satisfied about this surgery. Dr W. Wong and all the orthopedic staff were perfect and very kind. Now, I'm back in France, I visited my surgeon, and he told me that the surgery was very good and congratulated the work of Dr W.Wong. Thank you Doctor W.Wong, and all the staff from San Ramon Hospital regional center.
Have you seen Dr. Wendy Wong, MD?
Are you Dr. Wong?

Compare Dr. Wong

Dr. Wong says...

She is fellowship-trained in joint replacement and revision at Stanford University Medical Center, and she received her medical degree from the Chicago Medical School.  She is trained and especially interested in various total hip replacement approaches, including the muscle-sparing anterior approach

She is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and Shanghainese, and is working towards a fluency in medical Spanish.

Dr. Wong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Wong has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wong's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University of California At Berkeley

Graduated in 2005

• Cantonese
  • Mandarin

Dr. Wong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arthroscopy