Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 50

Dr. Weinstein

"She was the most incompetent, uncaring doctor I have ever met. She terminated me for getting more depressed and said I must not be taking the medication. I was. Then since she terminated me with no scripts, I went through withdrawal. She will make you worse"

Read Review

"Hello, I have been reading all of these reviews and not many are different than any other Dr for the most part. As far as Adderall, did she recommend it?Im guessing she did after your comment stated that you shouldn’t have had it! I am in desperate need of an adult ADHD evaluation and because of the field I work in, I know what medication will work and what will not. Is it appropriate, with her specifically to “inquire” about the needed medication? Thank you in advance"

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Weinstein

2.4

Dr. Weinstein?
Dr. Weinstein's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
I went to dr Weinstein since February and missed ONE appointment since that time. I read all the bad reviews on her and still decided hey let me give her a shot(red flag number one) Every since I’ve been there my appointments have been less than 5 mins but changing my medication every time and not completely following up with me regarding the change(red flag number 2) since the medication changes I became suicidal and she sent me to cpep by ambulance where I was inpatient for 5 days. During that
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Today was a new low in Mental Health service. I suffered through an entire month without Xanax (which I have been on for over 8 years) because Dr. Weinstein would not previously prescribe due to a missed appointment. When I arrived today, Dr. Weinstein informed me that she would no longer prescribe me Xanax at all unless I joined a 12-step group. I only drink with dinners out, and only 2 drinks maximum. Ridiculous, frivolous, whimsical, inconsistent provider. STAY AWAY
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Very kind, understanding, and takes a nuanced approach to psyciatric medicine. I’ve been working with Dr. Weinstein for over 6 years, off and on, and she has been the most helpful to me of any doctor I’ve seen. Would recommend without hesitation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Spends no time talking with you, haven’t had a meeting that was more than 10 minutes very disingenuous person with a condescending attitude, her other staff is alright but her as a doctor has no bedside manner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
The ONLY time she will give you the time that you (or your insurance) pays for is the first visit. After that she asks "How are you?" in the same fake voice and when you actually try to respond, she just gets up and walks to her computer and ups your dose of (insert med here). She then ushers you out with a, "Hang in there!" She's a typical pill pusher but doesn't even have the courtesy to pretend to care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Worst doctor I've ever been to. Dr. Weinstein has no compassion or care for her patients. You don't even get enough of her time to explain your symptoms and she's already at her computer getting you a prescription! All she wanted to do was get me on a drug. When I told her I did not want to be on the medication anymore she pretty much made it sound like she could not help me and I should leave. Her one receptionist is absolutely miserable! This woman should not be practicing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
I had ECT during the two weeks prior. She knew that. My memory was shot! I forgot how to get to her office, took a wrong turn, and was six minutes late to my second appointment (all the way from Elma). She refused to see me. Those six minutes were six minutes I WAS PAYING FOR so what skin was it off her back? I told the receptionist I would not be coming back. Two weeks later I received a letter telling me she was "terminating me from her practice". Good thing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
My experience with Wendy Weinstein was atrocious. I'd often show up to appointments and she'd be chain-smoking outside. It is shocking that somebody who is supposed to be a practitioner of health would have such poor health habits. She is also a pill pusher. Rather than providing an environment of wellness, she would rather up your meds, change your meds, or add on more meds. How she came to be a doctor caring for anyone's well being is beyond me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Communication between receptionist and Doctor is AWFUL. I was dismissed wrongly through communication with the one receptionist after a bad reaction to a medicine. I never had the opportunity to talk to the doctor before termination. She refused to even refill my medicine within the 30 days of termination. I went through extreme withdrawal from Effexor and Klonopin which ended me up in the ER. Doctor does not care about patients well being, and spends less than 5 min with patients per appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
She didn't care about my well being. She only cared about how many pills she could prescribe me. She made it clear that she was the doctor and I the patient so I "needed to do what I was told". She was cold, rude and rushed through appointments. After calling her office with a major med side effect she sent me to the hospital where I was for 24 hours. While still in the hospital she discharged me from care. Awful awful doctor. So glad not to be with her anymore
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Rude, unethical ruined my life. Gave me Adderall when you never give a patient when they have Bi polar. Went into Psychotic episode and now my one dog Zoey has PTSD from watching it and now attacks my other dog Oscar. Oscar was trying to protect me. This was all confirmed by a professional dog trainer. Not only did she dismiss me when I confronted her about the psychosis, she would not fill my prescriptions until I found someone else. I had to get rid of Zoey, have been depressed for 2 months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Based on being a former patient it seems as though those who gave 5 stars have not witnessed the true wendy and havent been with her long enough to realize how unethical she really is. Prescribed a med that caused severe side affects and then when I confronted her she dismissed me as a patient. She only gave me a one month supply of meds. My insurance only covers Wendy. No other provider takes my insurnace, which I find ironic. She must go through patients like water. Her one secretary is visous
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Won't see you if you are more than five minutes late, but never had less than a 10 minute wait. While the wait hasn't been terrible per se, a policy that punishes you for conforming to a standard wait time is. When asked to speak with my therapist to get additional details, Wendy repeatedly refuses to do so; literally sees you for four minutes. As she has refused to contact other professionals on three separate occasions, she is no longer my provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Dismissive unethical and cruel. Following a house fire-Wendy Weinstein refused to refill antipsychotic meds for a family member..sending the family member spiralling out of control and making a tragic situation even more terrible for all involved!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
Very attentive and effective care. Her staff is great, really excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
She discontinued treatment at a critical time and left my son with nowhere to turn. She has put him in a position of feeling unworthy of treatment. She cannot be trusted to be there for her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
My daughter had a terrible experience with her. She was cold & dismissive. Lucky my daughter is alive to talk about it. Terrible reaction to medicine and Dr. wouldn't return my call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD?
I have had the best experience visiting Dr. Weinstein and refer everyone I know to her based on the office visits I have had.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Weinstein?

Dr. Wendy Weinstein, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Buffalo, NY and has been practicing for 28 years. She graduated from University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine in 1991 and specializes in psychiatry.

• Psychiatry

1991
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
1991

Dr. Weinstein accepts

Dr. Weinstein accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Weinstein treats this condition more than 88% of her peers

Dr. Weinstein's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases