Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Wendy Schilling, MD
Wendy started her medical career as a nurse. She started first as a medical assistant who then trained to become a Licensed Vocational Nurse and then earned her Registered Nurse license and finally added on a Critical Care RN certificate. She enjoyed being a nurse but knew that there was more that she wanted to do to help people with their health. She graduated from UCSD medical school in 1993 and has worked as a primary care internist since then. After 20 years of traditional "fee for service", she needed to make a change. Patients weren't getting the attention they deserved. Health regulation, legislation, and changes in the insurance industry caused a toxic reaction making it virtually impossible for doctors to spend time with patients and for patients to get appointments with doctors. All of that changed when she moved her practice to direct primary care. She is now being the doctor that she wants to be and the doctor that patients want her to be.

1801 Highway 99 N Ste 2

Ashland, OR 97520

Learn about Dr. Schilling

Dr. Schilling's Experience

Dr. Schilling's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dr. Schilling does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Univ Of Ca
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Oreg Hlth Scis Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Oreg Hlth Scis Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Schilling has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schilling has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schilling does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schilling and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schilling's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schilling to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Schilling's Performance
Central Point, OR |
Get another doctor! Fast! My mother has alzheimers. My sister and I do all we can to care for her every day...sometimes you can't get her in the shower, she gets scared or defiant..so,.. I brought her into Schilling's office looking "disheveled"(according to the report), and rather than talk to me about it like a human being, she kept tight lipped and turned us in to dhs for negligence. Unacceptable. then we had to endure weeks of state employees, social workers, etc. horrible experience
in Ashland, OR |
Dr. Schilling understands that healthcare cannot be effective without timely communication - for which she is available nearly 24/7 via email, text and phone, in addition to traditional office visits.
in Ashland, OR |
A truly compassionate, knowledgeable and helping doctor in the mold of what medicine was meant to be where the patient-doctor relationship is center, not the medical-industrial complex.
in Ashland, OR |
She is always ready to discuss health issues in depth, and knowledgeable about our specific concerns. Excellent referrals.
in Shady Cove Or |
I have been seeing Dr Schilling for 15 years. She's the best!!!
in Shady cove ,Oregon |
Dr. Schilling truly listens to her patients. She consequently is able to diagnose and help. She has supported our family through a very difficult time and treats the whole person,recognizing how life can affect your physical well being.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Schilling delivers time attention and patience to all of her patients I love how she truly listens to the symptom and then is able to diagnose the problem. I was suffering and three other doctors told me that it was stress; only Dr. Schilling figured out that it was giardia. If you are looking for a Doctor Who listens and helps and treat you you have found the right one with Dr. Schilling
Spent a lot of time with me, listening and understanding my problem
in Ashland, OR |
I am immensely pleased that Dr. Wendy Schilling is my doctor. She always has enough time for me and makes me feel that she is listening and understanding my health concerns. Before my husband passed away, she was his doctor. When he was facing end of life decisions and we needed a lot of time, she actually spent two hours with us. My husband, our son, and I felt she was an extremely good doctor both medically and psychologically. I like the fact that she was a nurse before she became a doctor.
in Ashland, OR |
very thorough. great doctor.
Central Point, OR |
If you need a lab result, prescription or anything that requires the use of computer technology, this is not the place to go. The doctor and her staff are clueless when it comes to communicating to hospitals, health officials, pharmacies, etc. And don't upset whomever makes phone calls for the doctor, you will be hung up on. Horrible bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Wendy Schilling, MD?
Are you Dr. Schilling?