Dr. Wendy Jacoby, MD

Dr. Wendy Jacoby, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Wendy Jacoby, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Hamden, CT. She is 63 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Jacoby is affiliated with Yale - New Haven Hospital.

9 Washington Ave Ste 2A

Hamden, CT 06518

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Jacoby

See how frequently Dr. Jacoby performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Impetigo
Candidiasis of Skin and Nails
Fungal Infections

Dr. Jacoby's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Jock Itch
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis
  • Varicose Veins

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Boston Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Jacoby has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacoby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacoby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jacoby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacoby to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Jacoby's Performance
    FAIR
in Guilford |
Available with good times. Excellent demeanor and send to be quite astute.
Avon, CT |
Dr. Jacoby has been my dermatologist for 20+ years. I have seen her for several skin problems. She is excellent at determining malignant vs benign growths. 15 years ago, Dr. Jacoby identified and removed a precancerous lesion from my face. I have no scar on my face and the growth never returned. I believe Dr. Jacoby saved my life by early identification and removal of what could have been life-threatening cancer.
Hamden, CT |
I have seen Dr. Jacoby 3 times. All in all she has spent a total of 2 minutes in my presence and in that time managed to insult me by telling me I looked tired and recommending a battery of botox and fillers. I was there for a mole check. She does not even give you the opportunity to ask questions she is in such a rush. At one visit I had a wart removed. She was so rushed in removing it that she sprayed stuff on it and missed half of it because she was walking out the door when she did it.
in Hamden, CT |
Always excellent...Very thorough and although you think how can she know by glancing so quickly...she can scan your body in minutes and is am expert at spotting g anything amiss. I've been going to her for some years now and highly recommend her and her efficient staff
in Wallingford, CT |
Visits average 4 minutes. The last time I was there, I went in with something on my cheek. She said, Oh, I can take that off right now and hustled out of the room. She hustled back in, put a hand in front of her face, held a can of something up to my face and sprayed. She did not tell me to close my eyes, did not tell me what she was doing, did not tell me what to expect, and did not tell me of possible side effects. She appeared annoyed by my questions afterwards. I will not return.
in Derby CT |
I have been a patient of Dr Jacoby for many years. During that time She has treated many issues. She has always been thorough, efficient, knowledgeable and professional. In today's world it doesn't get any better than that.
in CHESHIRE |
So I was pretty skeptical making an appointment with Dr. Jacoby after reading some of her negative reviews, but let's face it, finding a dermatologist who is taking new patients and can see you within two weeks is very unlikely. So I thought I would give her a shot. I was pleasantly surprised that I had a great office visit with her. I brought my daughter in for acne and she also took the time to do a body check based on family history of skin cancer. She was knowledgeable and pleasant.
New Haven, CT |
She did not remember my medical history, and had clearly not read the files before rushing into the consultation. I had to tell her about the procedure she had done on me 6 months earlier. Not good.
Have you seen Dr. Wendy Jacoby, MD?
Are you Dr. Jacoby?