Dr. Wendy Huempfner, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

CARL S KANUN MD PC 310 N Wilmot Rd Ste 305 Tucson, AZ 85711 Get Directions
Dr. Wendy Huempfner, MD

Dr. Wendy Huempfner, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. She is 63 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Huempfner is affiliated with Tucson Medical Center.

Dr. Huempfner's Experience

See how Dr. Huempfner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Huempfner

Dr. Huempfner accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Huempfner is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Huempfner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Huempfner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Huempfner to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Huempfner's Performance
Vail, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Huempfner for more than ten years. I have a very difficult chronic health issue that she has helped resolve. She did this through patience, listening, and really trying to get to the root of the problem. I am so grateful to have her as a doctor. Expect to have longer than normal wait times. However, the time she spends with you is incredible. Additionally, I have always been able to get the same week if not same day appointment. I love her!
Tucson, AZ |
Although the wait is a bit lengthy, most doctors I have gone to in the past have some sort of wait and then they rush you in and out, and don't seem totally concerned about the patient. Dr. Huempfner is good at relating and connecting with her patients. She is very energetic and lively and is comfortable to be around. Overall, decent experience. Her office is very nice and clean as well.
in Tucson, Az |
Office was very clean and comfortable. Dr takes a long tine with patients, causing an extremely long wait. She is mean and kept insisting that I had a specific STI after judging me for my place of work. she insisted on testing me and would try to push unnecessary procedures when my insurance did not cover it. I had an abnormal test come back, and we did a screening for cervical cancer, in which she never followed up with me, and i ended up having begnine cancer cells on my cervix.
in Tucson, AZ |
It was my first appointment with her and yes, I did wait a long time at the office but, once she came in to talk to me I realized she is late with patients because she takes lots of time with them. She also told me about other doctors in the area she would recommend if I needed other specialist, which I thought was very nice of her. Carol S. Lav
Tucson, AZ |
I saw this doctor twice, both times I experienced a 1 - 1 1/2 hour wait! I was also rushed through my appointments, even through the second time I booked I specified that I was flexible about appointment time and prioritized not wanting to be squeezed in. Both times I did not spend more than 10-15 minutes with the doctor. Would not recommend.
in Tucson AZ |
As a doctor she is great. However the long wait in her office for each appointment is a problem and her office staff is very incompetent.They set me up with an appointment to get the Nexplanon put in. I make arrangements for someone to watch my kids and leave for the appointment. I'm about to pull into the parking lot when they call me and tell me they don't have it in stock and they have to order it. So now I have to make all new arrangements and a new appointment. Not the first mess up either.
in Tucson, AZ |
I am so glad I found this Dr. Dr H. was really through and gave me a comprehensive exam. She took the time to listen to all of my concerns and addressed each one. She offered detailed explanations and offered great suggestions. I felt like she was genuinely concerned for my whole wellbeing. I appreciated the time she took with me. Additionally, both Dr. H and her staff were very personable and helpful.
Have you seen Dr. Wendy Huempfner, MD?
Are you Dr. Huempfner?

Compare Dr. Huempfner

Dr. Huempfner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Gynecological Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Huempfner has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Huempfner's Board Certifications

• Cervicitis
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Trichomoniasis

St Paul Ramsey Hospital

Completed in 1988

University Med Center

Completed in 1991

Dr. Huempfner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Huempfner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology