Dr. Wendy Bowman, MD

Dr. Wendy Bowman, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

At Alliance Women's Health, Dr. Bowman and her all-female team works closely to provide patients with a host of specialized services. From pregnancy to delivery and beyond, our specialized care team will attend to you at every stage of your life. We believe that a strong doctor-patient relationship is important, and always provide one-on-one care to all our patients at every visit.

Dr. Wendy Bowman, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. She is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Bowman is affiliated with Bon Secours - St. Mary's Hospital and Henrico Doctors' Hospital.

Dr. Bowman's Experience

See how Dr. Bowman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bowman

Dr. Bowman accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bowman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bowman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bowman to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Bowman's Performance
in Richmond, VA |
I never got to meet Dr Bowman. I had a 9:00am appt. I sat in her waiting room for 2 hrs. I arrived at 8:45, I waited 30 minutes before being spoken to. There were 4 office staff that would glance at me once in a while but no mention of her running behind. Finally I inquired as to why I hadn't been seen or if I was up next. Shrugs from the front office staff. In summation, I was never seen & with Dr Bowman having only average reviews online, I decided she wasn't a good fit for me & left.
in Louisa, VA |
Dr. Bowman and team have been wonderful to work with throughout my pregnancy and delivery. They did everything to make sure that my baby and I were both healthy throughout the pregnancy and that I had the safest delivery possible to keep me and baby safe. All of the staff are wonderful to work with, caring, and helpful.
Richmond, VA |
My first 2 appointments with Dr. Bowman were fine. She was very nice and understanding.... HOWEVER, I have been trying to contact her for the last THREE days.... I initially called on Wednesday evening and was connected to the after hours call service. I left a message for the doctor, stating I had an emergency and no one called me back. ALL DAY Thursday, I tried to contact the office during regular business hours. No one ever answer for ANY of the options available(appointments, nurse, recept
Richmond, VA |
It has been my experience with OBGYN doctors that the personality has a lot to do with the way a patient responds or feels comfortable. I went through a number of other doctors feeling frustrated before Dr. Bowman. She is kind, listens, and is not pushy with her opinions. That is something that makes me feel at ease. While I have only been a patient for about 9 months, I am happy with her as my doctor. I prefer the one-on-one relationship to the group practices that I've dealt with in the past.
Glen Allen, VA |
As a former hospital system VP of women's services, I recommended Dr. Bowman to my son and his wife for pregnancy. Dr. Bowman's style is very personable and flexible, and she beautifully balances sometimes conflicting influences and recommendations with the woman’s personal needs. There was an unusual, significant medical complication she handled beautifully, and the birth could not have been more personal. She has a nice, calm style that is particularly valuable when tensions are high.
in Richmond, VA |
Worse bedside manner I have ever seen in my life. Would not recommend her to my worse enemy. Rude, non apologetic and an hour late. Probably paid to get into Richmond magazine Best Docs. Don't be fooled! A total joke!!!!
Mechanicsville, VA |
You best go someplace else. The office staff is competent. Dr. Bowman is difficult to speak with and I leave you with this, the last time I will ever see her. As to a referral for a serious condition that she did not find, I said, "What can I expect from you?" She said, "Realistically, my office will call by the end of next week with a referral and appointment date. But most endocrinologists are more 'into' thyroid and diabetes so I have to find someone who will care about your situation." No.
Duluth, GA |
While Dr. Bowman and the nursing staff are courteous and knowledgeable, I keep walking away with a negative impression from the receptionist, Charlotte. She may not realize it but her correcting manner and eagerness to put you on hold is both frustrating and condescending. The nursing staff is unpredictable as to when they call you with test results. Also, not a huge concern, but its odd that when giving a urine sample it's taken by the nurse in a paper cup with no label/top, bare hands.
Hello, We are very sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. We strongly encourage all patients to voice their concerns with the facility coordinator and their doctor during the time of their visit. Patient satisfaction is a priority and our team is always ready to answer your questions and concerns during your visit. We value you and your time and hope to see you with us again. Thank you!
in Richmond, VA |
She had an icy bedside manner & immediately shrugged off my concerns about fertility. She suggested that I try to have a baby in order to see if I were fertile. On a followup visit, she had me slated for a colposcopy, she did not explain the procedure fully & had a student nurse come in and perform half of it. It took over an hour and was excruciatingly painful. I had my period/bleeding for a full month afterward. And then I was hit for a bill for over $500 though I have health insurance. Horrid
Hello Jill, We are very sorry to hear of your experience with us. Patient satisfaction is a priority and our team is always ready to answer your questions and concerns during your visit. We strongly encourage all patients to voice their concerns during the time of their visit. Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. Wendy Bowman, MD?

Compare Dr. Bowman

Dr. Bowman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bowman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Ectopic Pregnancy
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Incontinence
  • Infertility
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Completed in 2003

Wake Forest University Baptist Med Center

Completed in 2007

University of Richmond

Dr. Bowman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bowman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC