Dr. Weimin Hu, MD

Dr. Weimin Hu, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dr. Hu is the co-owner of Specialists in Dermatology, which is a practice built upon a vision of providing quality dermatological patient health care and treatment to the community. Founded in 1998, Specialists in Dermatology, has grown into the largest dermatology practice in Southern Arizona. Dr. Hu is a practicing board certified dermatologist and fellowship trained MOHs surgeon who is committed to serving patients with dedication, integrity, compassion, and excellence.

Dr. Weimin Hu, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. She has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Hu is affiliated with Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital.

Dr. Hu's Experience

See how Dr. Hu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hu

Dr. Hu accepts 53 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hu to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Hu's Performance
Tucson, AZ |
I was struggling with a little bit of chin fat, so I decided to try Kybella. She made the procedure very comforting, and made sure I understood the entire process of the procedure before doing it. She's very genuine and truly cared about my comfort during the entire process.
in Tucson |
For my first time going to Specialists In Dermatology , I had a great experience! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I had my annual skin screening and the appointment went very well. I was out the door in no time! Dr. Hu is friendly, nice and efficient - you can tell she knows what she is talking about. I would highly recommend going to Specialists In Dermatology if you are in need of a good doctor for your annual skin screening. Will definitely be returning!
Tucson |
Dr. Hu is an excellent surgeon.
Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hu is an excellent surgeon.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hu is outstanding. I am thankful she caught two skin cancers for me. This last one was stubborn in healing and Ruby, her wound specialist, kept me encouraged and did a great job. Thanks
in Tucson az |
Dr. Hu is a great dermatologist! She is up on the latest technology. Her medical assistants, PA's and office staff are friendly and make you feel like family!!!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr.Huand her staff are amazing, i came in for the very first time to get a skin check and i have ahistry of cancer in my family, so an annual skin check is mandatory. came in her entire staff was helpful and kind, from the front desk all the way to admin, medical records and phone room. can wait to continue my car at this clinic. A+
Silver City, NM |
Very pleasant, interested, caring, and professional. I felt very at ease with her and all treatments worked out as discussed.
in Tucson, AZ |
Stitches out on day 7. Here I am at day 8. I cannot see the scar. I do have some subtle discoloration and dryness on the nose, but otherwise, people do not realize I've had anything done to my nose. Very, very thankful and satisfied with Dr Hu work
in Tucson, AZ |
My mother is the patient of Dr. Hu’s. I was able to go into the exam room with her. I love Dr. Hu and her staffs treat my mother with the utmost respect and gentle care. They are sincere, genuine, and thorough. Thank you, Lori (Daughter of Alice)
in Tucson, AZ |
Love, love, love this amazing facility. Dr. Hu staff is always so welcoming and helpful. I highly recommend this facility to my family and friends.
tucson, az |
taken care of multiple skin cancer removals and biopsies for my husband and monitors my skin as well. Never met a more knowledgeable surgeon in his/her field. If you want THE BEST go see Md. Hu - she can do her job better than most - if you want your hand held by someone who may or may not know what they are doing this is not the right MD for you - and that seems to be the case for her low star comments. Best assistants too - by far!!! -can NOT imagine being under any other MD's care - no way
in Tucson, AZ |
Just left the office. Firstly, the facility is incredibly nice and clean and welcoming. The front office staff is helpful, patient, and friendly. The doctor was professional and so overly willing to help educate and treat you. I would HIGHLY recommend this center.
in Tucson, AZ |
Great experience. Beautiful office, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Dr Hu was as pleasant as she was thorough. I would highly recommend this office and feel confident that I'm seeing the best of the best.
in Tucson, AZ |
So professional ! They are a very caring office. Dr Hu is so attentive and will make sure you are taken care of. Comfortable waiting area for between surgeries all the girls and Adrian make your experience wonderful
in Tucson, AZ |
I was referred to Dr Hu's office for a skin cancer screening. The examination was not performed by Dr Hu. Two of the biopsies taken were later diagnosed as basal cell cancer. On a return visit, Dr. Hu removed the lesions leaving a large incision that was later stitched by an assistant. The resulting scars are still very noticeable. This has been over a year ago.
in Willcox, AZ |
my husband has squamous cell cancer every three months due to being a transplant patient and the medication you take to keep your transplanted organ in. She is quick, efficient and caring. She always calls in the evening after she has done a surgery to see how he is. That extra effort means a lot to us. She has numerous diplomas on the wall which shows she has a drive for learning and perfecting her skill.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have had an excellent experience every time I have see Dr Hu. My Father had to have extensive tumors taken from his ear and she did such a great job that it is very hard to tell. I love her. She is very quick and busy, but she truly cares and you know it. She is the best demotologist in the US and i won't go to anyone else.
in Tucson, AZ |
Our experience with Dr. Hu and her medical staff was simply fantastic. Not only were they professional but also provided the emotional safety that all patients require. For those who have dark spots (possible precancerous), there is no better person than Dr. Hu to handle your case. Do not take risks with any suspicious mole or dark spot.
in Tuscon, AZ |
Dr. Hu is the most amazing Mohs surgeon in Tuscon! I have known her for many years and she truly is the best in her field. Dr. Hu is a highly skilled surgeon and skin cancer expert who is also compassionate and caring. I recommend her highly!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hu, as far as my surgery went, is about as good as it gets. She is extremely precise, PROFESSIONAL, tell the patient what the procedure will involve, friendly and CARING. Her office staff is also of the same.....friendly, caring and approachable for the patient. I was impressed.....so much so that I have shared my very good experience with my friends in the area. My surgery has healed beautifully. I wish to thank Dr. Hu for her very kind and thoughtful approach with me. Blessings!
in Tucson, AZ |
Terrible. 0 stars. I went to have a skin cancer looked at , everything was done by assistants. She spent appx. 60 seconds with me, rolled her eyes and sighed at my questions. She did manage to use a little of her valuable time to try to sell me a cosmetic procedure. My boipsy came back as melanoma and I was informed not by the dr. But by a young staffer who knew nothing about it. The doctor could have taken a sec. to explain it to me if she had any compassion. How cold!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hu saved my face! I had a tiny mole next to my nose and after a routine skin scan and biopsy, was diagnosed with basil cell carcinoma. I needed to have Moh's surgery and was extremely nervous about what this was going to entail and how my face would look afterwards. I met with several doctors but chose Dr. Hu based on her stellar credentials.t's been 2 months since the surgery and the scar is barely noticeable. I would not even think of seeing another doctor if I have to have another Moh's
Tucson, AZ |
Results of cancer testing still unavailable after more than 2 weeks because Dr Hu didn't write report. Phone calls and visits to clinic did not provide answers. Returned to referring doctor who expressed anger that results still unknown after this long and is contacting Dr Hu.
Have you seen Dr. Weimin Hu, MD?
Are you Dr. Hu?

Compare Dr. Hu

Dr. Hu's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Hu has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hu's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

Oregon Health & Science University

Completed in 1998

Rhodes College

• Chinese

Dr. Hu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology

• Liposuction
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Narrow Band UVB Light for Psoriasis
  • Narrow Band UVB Light for Vitiligo
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Vaser® Liposelection (Liposuction)
  • Venous Sclerotherapy