Psychiatry  |
Dr. Wayne Ross, DO
At 17 my medical training 1st with 5 years of Pharmacy school. This began my initial career as a pharmacist with an emphasis on cancer chemotherapies and the associated counseling of the medications utilized. I then returned to Medical school and specialized as an Emergency room physician. After Lumbar injuries I returned for another 4 year psychiatric residency. My interest was always evaluating mental health as we do physical health. All of this has culminated in my current philosophies and psychiatric treatments. My background has been extremely useful to help clients with comorbidity of psychiatric aspects with respect to medical illnesses, medication side effects used to treat medical illness and the understanding of the underlying neurochemistries to be balanced. Regarding hypnotherapy I began training as a medical student and over the past 33 years have continued to train in various aspects of hypnotherapy relevant to my clients needs and practice philosophies. I believe all clients are unique and although some treatments are similar each must be individualize according to a persons bio-psycho-social backgrounds, goals and needs.

Dr. Wayne C. Ross D.O., AOBNP

1788 Century Blvd NE Ste B

Atlanta, GA 30345

Learn about Dr. Ross

I work with my clients to help them reach their full potential and connect to their higher self. To achieve this I evaluate each person using a Biopsychosocial approach, evaluate genetic histories then tailor each treatment. I specialize in Medication evaluation and management as well as Hypnotherapy.

Dr. Ross' Experience

Dr. Ross' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Neurology & Psychiatry*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Medication Management
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Michigan State University Psychiatry Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Hypnotherapy during Internship Michigan state University 1986
    Other Education | Completed 1986

Dr. Ross has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ross does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ross and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ross' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ross to family and friends
Dr. Ross Says:

I have a close therapeutic relationship with my clients and respond personally to their question and calls.  I welcome this close care while a client is under my care. When clients are started on new medications I am very available for any questions or concerns.

This close therapeutic relationship does come with certain boundaries for example returning a call to a client only to...

Dr. Ross' Performance
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Ross is very thorough. He spends time listening to you and asks questions to get to the root of the issue. He considers your symptoms from all sides, looks at your medical history and lab results to try to get to the right answer. He respects medical costs, and tries to minimize what you have to spend to get good results. I am very glad I found Dr. Ross - highly recommended.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have seen many therapists for over 30 years now, and Dr. Ross is the best I was ever fortunate enough to find. He is a great listener and always gives me sound advice. And he doesn't put up with my excuses for not doing something, which I like. Whoever gave that awful review is probably someone who doesn't want help, but wants coddling. And as someone else wrote, he has seen me through his illnesses and his personal tragedies. I am very lucky indeed that Dr. Ross is my psychiatrist.
in Decatur, GA |
After seeing Dr. Ross for many years he has helped me become a better, happier person. He always knows exactly what I should do when life decides to throw me a little curve ball. His help is always given with extreme kindness. Dr. Ross is very accessible even when he should be taking care of himself: vacation, personal tragedy, etc. i have recommend him to several people, one of whom's life he saved. You will never find a smarter, more caring and generous Dr.
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Ross is an amazing guy and psychiatrist. If you are a patient, he deeply cares about you and your well being, and he is always very accessible and dependable. He is highly competent, has a great communication style, and always makes you feel comfortable, giving the right amount of guidance and care for your needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Ross for anyone seeking a wise and very caring psychiatrist.
Stone Mountain, GA |
I have truly benefited from my professional relationship with Dr. Ross. He is very knowledgable about all things medical as well as having many varied counseling skills. He blends these various skills with a loving, caring demeanor that supports and encourages personal growth and wellness. It has been a pleasure working with him and I would feel comfortable referring him to friends and family.
in Decatur, GA |
I saw Dr. Ross for about 2 years. One night I called him at 8:00 and he totally blew me off. I lost all trust in him. Don't go see him!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Ross listened and talked of diagnosis and treatment plans that we reviewed together to find what was best for me. He understands the medical aspects affecting my condition. I have improved in all aspects of personal and professional life. I had been to many therapists and psychiatrist always leaving frustrated. His ability with hypnosis was amazing for my anxiety
Have you seen Dr. Wayne Ross, DO?
Are you Dr. Ross?