Dr. Wayne Roccia, DMD

Dr. Wayne Roccia, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Wayne D. Roccia is a graduate of Seneca Valley High School, Harmony, PA. He continued his education at The Johns Hopkins University, majoring in pre-medicine/natural sciences, and graduating with honors. He then attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, where he served as student body president. While at the University of Pittsburgh, Dr. Roccia earned many awards, including the International College of Dentists Award for Idealism and Professionalism and induction into the Alpha Omega national dental honors society. In June 2008, he completed a four year specialized residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and its associated hospitals. Now an esteemed member of the medical community, Dr. Roccia is the author of several scientific publications and has lectured nationally and internationally in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Roccia has also lobbied in Washington, D.C. several times for patients rights and improvements of the health care system. Dr. Roccia is an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, and a member of many leading medical organizations, including the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the Academy of Osseointegration. As a member of the Christian Dental Society, Dr. Roccia donates his time and talents to many third world missions, having established a medical and dental clinic in Belize. Dr. Roccia is an expert in the oral surgery field who strives to provide you with the most comprehensive and expert care available!

301 Smith Dr Ste 2

Cranberry Township, PA 16066

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Ameritas
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Roccia

This content was provided by Dr. Roccia "Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr.  Roccia manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions.  Dr. Roccia  practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to corrective jaw surgery. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort. "

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Mandibular (Lower Jaw) Osteotomy
  • Maxillary (Upper Jaw ) Osteotomy
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Pittsburgh / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Dentistry
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Roccia has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roccia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roccia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Roccia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roccia to family and friends
Dr. Roccia's Performance
Excellent. Very professional.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I love Dr. Roccia. His bedside manner is second to none!
in Ellwood City, PA |
I was very impressed with the overall expertise and care provided by Dr. Roccia and his team. The process was completed quickly, efficiently and much more painlessly than I could have imagined. What I anticipated as being an extremely traumatic experience was quite the opposite and I would certainly recommend this professional and his team!
in Mars, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Roccia for several years and every appointment has been a very pleasant and positive experience. He is always cheerful, inquires about any health issues since my last visit, answers all my questions and never seems rushed during my appointments. His staff are very friendly and make me feel welcome. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
Glenshaw, PA |
Dr. Roccia is the best! He removed by wisdom teeth with zero complications and very little pain - I didn't even need the narcotics. He's super friendly and you can tell he really cares about his patients. Office staff is friendly as well, I was able to get an appointment quickly which I really appreciated!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr Roccia did a great job removing my wisdom teeth. I was near full health in less than a week and the swelling was minimal.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Roccia did an implant for me. He explained the exact procedure from start to finish. There was very little pain. Actually the last time we met I didn't even have to be numbed because the pain was so little. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wayne Roccia to everyone. The entire practice is great! I had also taken my children there to have their wisdom teeth removed. Very efficient practice. Julie Flaherty
Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Roccia was very welcoming in getting me into his office and taking care of a problem that 3 other professionals were unable to remedy. On the day of surgery, he and his staff worked efficiently and empathetically while I was awake and under local anesthesia only. The doctor also personally called me after surgery to be sure I was doing well and had no questions. I would recommend Dr. Roccia and his staff wholeheartedly and without reservation!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Roccia and team are highly skilled and top notch in all that they do. I feel extremely lucky to have been referred to Dr. Roccia for my dental implant.
in Gibsonia, PA |
We're so happy with the care and service that NPOS provides. The skill and kindness of Dr. Roccia and his team is unmatched. Our experience, even in times of stress for the kids, was met with patience and professionalism that led to perfection. We highly recommend.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
extremely professional. put me at ease immediately. Explains what he is doing and what to expect. he is absolutely the best. I wouldn't go to any one else.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Roccia is the best! I was scared to have my procedure but he and his staff assured me it would be OK and it was! They were so professional and caring. Dr. Roccia was amazing. He made me feel comfortable and checked and made sure throughout the procedure that I was OK. The office is immaculate with state of the art equipment. The staff was cheerful and compassionate. Dr. Roccia is the best. I would recommend him to everyone facing dental surgery.
in New Castle, PA |
Dr. Roccia was very professional and friendly. He and his staff make you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend Dr. Roccia.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
No drama and always excellent outcome. All our family happily uses Dr. Roccia's services.
New Kensington, PA |
I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with Dr Roccia and his staff. He removed my son's wisdom teeth. From the beginning of the first appointment he made us feel at ease and was very invested in my son's care. He's a very personable surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. On surgery day, the office made my son and I feel completely at ease. The care he received was top notch. He had very minimal swelling and barely needed any pain medication. Highly recommended!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Roccis is a skilled and talented. Visits with him are stress free and his style is very professional. Would highly recommend.
in Cranberry Township, PA |
Dr. Roccia is an extremely talented, well-educated, caring doctor. I have been very pleased each and every time I have been in his care.
in Zelienople, PA |
I would certainly recommend Dr. Roccia as an oral surgeon. He made me feel more relaxed and confident by explaining my procedure to me as he worked. And thank you for calling to check on me later that day, I really appreciated it. And the Staff is so friendly, always willing to take the time to help you.
in Gibsonia, PA |
I have been seeing this doctor for years and absolutely love him!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr Roccia is an amazing and wonderful doctor. His friendly smile. Made me feel so at ease even though I have a long road ahead. Both the doctor and entire staff has been so kind and professional. I have no worries ahead of me.
in Sewickley,pa |
Dr. Roccia has an amazing touch. I felt virtually no pain during the extraction or the placing of my implant. I would highly recommend him.
in Wexford, PA |
I needed an extraction of a molar with 3 roots that had root canal but that had too much decay to be salvaged, he did it without complications and just with novocaine, no need for sedation and no pain whatsoever. The healing process was as he had described, and one week after the extraction (as I write this), everything looks and feels good.
in Mars Pa |
Very patient friendly and technically brilliant.
in Beaver, Pa |
Very excellent oral surgeon. I had no pain with excellent results. His staff is very kind and calming. I would recommend Dr. Roccia to everyone. Very talented Doctor.
in Gibsonia, PA |
Dr Roccia removed all 4 of my wisdom teeth. He explained everything very clearly before the surgery, and was able to perform it within a week of my first visit. I want to Thank him for the Great job he did, and would HIGHLY recommend him to my friends and family.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I cannot express enough how satisfied I am with the results of the orthognathic surgery completed by Dr. Roccia. Dr. Roccia and his staff were first class throughout the entire process and fully explained the overall surgical timeline prior to the procedure and provided top-notch care and expertise after the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Roccia to those that require orthognathic surgery (double jaw). He is the ultimate professional and exhibits considerable compassion and expertise.
This man verbally abused my child while I sat in the waiting room and then said she could not have remembered correctly because she was under anesthesia, which was not true. He made these statements before she was administered any medications. He is arrogant and does not hold himself accountable for his actions or his responsibility to the patient.
Have you seen Dr. Wayne Roccia, DMD?
Are you Dr. Roccia?

Pittsburgh, PA 15237
UPMC St. Margaret
815 Freeport Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15215

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.