Dr. Wayne North, MD

Dr. Wayne North, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |

Dr. Wayne North, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Detroit, MI. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

Henry Ford Medical Group

• HAP Insurance
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. North

Video

See how frequently Dr. North performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Trigger Finger

Dr. North's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. North's bio

This content was provided by Dr. North "I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon who practices within the Henry Ford Hospital System. I completed my fellowship training, in hip and knee replacement surgery, at the Cleveland Clinic. I pride myself in providing compassionate care for patients with hip and knee pain/arthritis."

This content was provided by Dr. North "Active and open communication is the first step in identifying your concerns and the goals of treatment. By creating this open dialogue early, we can tailor the education necessary for you to make informed decisions about your care and treatment.

The thought of having hip and knee replacement surgery can be anxiety provoking. I have a compassionate team that strives to allay your fears by providing personalized care and education from our first meeting through follow up care.  "

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Neuroplasty
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• McMaster University / Faculty of Health Sciences
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • University of Sydney / Faculty of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Henry Ford Hlth System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. North has no media or publications listed.

Dr. North does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. North and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. North's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. North to family and friends
Dr. North's Performance
in MI |
Took time to ensure that I knew about all my options regarding my knee injury. Once we settled on th surgery he explained everything both before and after the procedure and, again, took his time to make me feel comfortable.
in Taylor, MI |
Superb bedside manner. Always feel totally comfortable discussing any issues with Dr. North & his entire staff.
in Sterling Heights |
Dr north is very knowledgeable and explains everything very thoroughly. He is very professional and caring. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing hip replacement! In less than 3 months, I was able to walk my daughter down the aisle---at the beach!!
in Grosse Pointe, MI |
My experience with Dr. North was exceptional. Preparing for inevitable knee replacement surgery, Dr. North provided me with a thourough explanation of the procedure to set my mind at ease. The surgery went well and I am on the road to a smooth recovery with increased mobility and much improved quality of life. Dr. North's assistant Cynthia was also very helpful in providing information to help prepare for the day of surgery and post surgery.
in Shelby Township, Mi |
Dr. North performed my bilateral total knee replacement on April 24, 2017. I was amazed at how quickly and easily I recovered and I am 100% satisfied with the results of the surgery. Dr. North was wonderful to deal with and I highly recommend him as a surgeon.
in Leonard |
Excellent results with my hip surgery. Dr. North and Henry Ford Hospital were very attentive to my needs and concerns. Dr. North took the time necessary to explain everything in understandable terms. Thanks to all involved, I'm relieved of my arthritis pain and well on the road to recovery after only three weeks from surgery. I have nothing but the highest recommendations for all involved from doctors to nurses to therapists to the crew who cleaned my room.
in Utica, MI |
I had a few appointments with Dr. North prior to my knee surgery and when I met him for the first time I knew he was going to do a phenomenal job on my replacement. I was amazed by the manner in which Dr. North was able to explain to me exactly what was then going on with my knees and how he was going to fix them. I left that visit, and all others that followed, with a sense of calm and ease. He took time for me. He is truly an amazing man and surgeon. I am blessed to have him as my surgeon.
in Detroit, MI |
he help me in my decision on why this surgery was necessary. He also help me stop smoking cigarettes. I would like to thank him very much.
Grosse Pointe, MI |
ouestions asked regarding my surgery were clearly explained. nice to talk with.
in Detroit, MI |
Dr. North did an excellent job! He took really good care of me before, during and after my surgery. Dr. North was very thorough about explaining the procedure and the after-care. This is my second knee replacement, and this was a 100% better experience. I would recommend DR. North to anyone that asks.
in Leroy mich |
He is. Very caring and cares about his patients if I could. Nominat him doctor for life I would he is knows his job well and very straight forward with his patients. I and recommend him to all of my friends and. Family that is needing surgery.I will not go to anyone else but him. Cause. He is the best and if it was not for him I would not be. Here. So I thank you , Phyillis. Vanderhoef.
in Michigan |
Totally impressed with Dr. North, I would recommend him to anyone.
in Detroit, Mi |
A very understanding doctor who listens and cares for his patients. He makes sure that all his patients and their family knows what will be happening every step of the way before during and after surgery. I had a question after my surgery and called a number I had, Dr. North called me and answered the question. He does excellent work and I would suggest him to everyone.
in China Twp., MI |
Genuine and down to earth approach to patient care. Willing to take all the time needed to explain plan and recovery process.
Oak Park, MI |
I would recommend Dr. North to any of my friends or family that have arthritis of the knee (or hip). He is compassionate and explains the treatment options so I was able to make up my own mind about the treatment that was best for me.
Have you seen Dr. Wayne North, MD?
Are you Dr. North?