Dr. Wayne North, MD

Dr. Wayne North, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |

I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon who practices within the Henry Ford Hospital System. I completed my fellowship training, in hip and knee replacement surgery, at the Cleveland Clinic. I pride myself in providing compassionate care for patients with hip and knee pain/arthritis.

Henry Ford Medical Group

2799 W Grand Blvd

Detroit, MI 48202

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Golden Rule
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. North

Active and open communication is the first step in identifying your concerns and the goals of treatment. By creating this open dialogue early, we can tailor the education necessary for you to make informed decisions about your care and treatment.

The thought of having hip and knee replacement surgery can be anxiety provoking. I have a compassionate team that strives to allay your fears by providing personalized care and education from our first meeting through follow up care.

Video

Dr. North's Experience

Dr. North's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Joint Replacement Surgery
  • Knee Replacement
  • MAKOplasty®
  • Partial Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• McMaster University / Faculty of Health Sciences
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • University of Sydney / Faculty of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Henry Ford Hlth System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. North has no media or publications listed.

Dr. North does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. North and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. North's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. North to family and friends
Dr. North's Performance
in Shelby Township, Mi |
Dr. North performed my bilateral total knee replacement on April 24, 2017. I was amazed at how quickly and easily I recovered and I am 100% satisfied with the results of the surgery. Dr. North was wonderful to deal with and I highly recommend him as a surgeon.
in Leonard |
Excellent results with my hip surgery. Dr. North and Henry Ford Hospital were very attentive to my needs and concerns. Dr. North took the time necessary to explain everything in understandable terms. Thanks to all involved, I'm relieved of my arthritis pain and well on the road to recovery after only three weeks from surgery. I have nothing but the highest recommendations for all involved from doctors to nurses to therapists to the crew who cleaned my room.
in Utica, MI |
I had a few appointments with Dr. North prior to my knee surgery and when I met him for the first time I knew he was going to do a phenomenal job on my replacement. I was amazed by the manner in which Dr. North was able to explain to me exactly what was then going on with my knees and how he was going to fix them. I left that visit, and all others that followed, with a sense of calm and ease. He took time for me. He is truly an amazing man and surgeon. I am blessed to have him as my surgeon.
in Detroit, MI |
he help me in my decision on why this surgery was necessary. He also help me stop smoking cigarettes. I would like to thank him very much.
Grosse Pointe, MI |
ouestions asked regarding my surgery were clearly explained. nice to talk with.
in Detroit, MI |
Dr. North did an excellent job! He took really good care of me before, during and after my surgery. Dr. North was very thorough about explaining the procedure and the after-care. This is my second knee replacement, and this was a 100% better experience. I would recommend DR. North to anyone that asks.
in Leroy mich |
He is. Very caring and cares about his patients if I could. Nominat him doctor for life I would he is knows his job well and very straight forward with his patients. I and recommend him to all of my friends and. Family that is needing surgery.I will not go to anyone else but him. Cause. He is the best and if it was not for him I would not be. Here. So I thank you , Phyillis. Vanderhoef.
in Michigan |
Totally impressed with Dr. North, I would recommend him to anyone.
in Detroit, Mi |
A very understanding doctor who listens and cares for his patients. He makes sure that all his patients and their family knows what will be happening every step of the way before during and after surgery. I had a question after my surgery and called a number I had, Dr. North called me and answered the question. He does excellent work and I would suggest him to everyone.
in China Twp., MI |
Genuine and down to earth approach to patient care. Willing to take all the time needed to explain plan and recovery process.
Oak Park, MI |
I would recommend Dr. North to any of my friends or family that have arthritis of the knee (or hip). He is compassionate and explains the treatment options so I was able to make up my own mind about the treatment that was best for me.
Have you seen Dr. Wayne North, MD?
Are you Dr. North?