Dr. Wayne Kuang, MD

Dr. Wayne Kuang, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Wayne Kuang, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Albuquerque, NM. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read his story

8300 Carmel Ave NE Ste 303

Albuquerque, NM 87122

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Lovelace Health Plan
  • New Mexico Health Connections
  • Presbyterian Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Kuang

See how frequently Dr. Kuang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Erectile Dysfunction
Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate

Dr. Kuang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kuang's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kuang "Wayne Kuang MD is the only fellowship-trained men's health specialist in New Mexico specializing in testosterone rebalancing, erectile dysfunction, prostate health and no-needle no-scalpel vasectomy. After completing his undergraduate studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he received his medical degree from Stanford University. Dr. Kuang then pursued his urology residency at the Cleveland Clinic to become a board-certified urologist then specialized in men's health with an andrology/infertility fellowship also at the Cleveland Clinic. Desiring to change the way men perceive and receive health care, he founded MD for Men which aims to empower men with the tools to evolve fearlessly into the best version of themselves to positively impact personal, professional, community and global relationships. When not tackling the entrepreneurial challenges of this cutting-edge center of excellence, he can probably be found up in the mountains trail-running, snowboarding or backpacking. The only other place he could be is home playing guitar & cajon with his boys."

This content was provided by Dr. Kuang "At MD for Men, we strive to help you evolve fearlessly into the best version of yourself. We want your care to be Simple, Safe & Effective. We want to help you discover what your Version 2.0 can be!"

• Urology
  • Male Adult Urology
  • Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Urology
    Accredited by: American Board of Urology*

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction

• Penile Implants
  • Peyronie's Disease Injection Therapy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Testopel® Pellet
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Vasectomy
  • Vasectomy Reversal
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

1 Board Action
  • Other (5/22/2017)
    Action Taken: Education
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New Mexico

• Massachusetts Institute Of Technology
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Stanford University
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Kuang has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kuang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kuang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kuang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kuang to family and friends
Dr. Kuang Says:

To our guests at MD for Men,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We strive to provide you with the very best in medical care and the guest experience. We also recognize that we are not perfect and need your insight to continue to improve to be the best version of ourselves for future guests. We want to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to reach out to me. ...

Dr. Kuang's Performance
in Portland |
I had a vasectomy performed by Dr. Kuang on November 23, 2017. Needless to say, I was nervous ahead of the procedure. The doctor and his staff put me completely at ease. The visit started with an EXCELLENT cup of whole milk hot cocoa. Intake was extremely smooth as I had been given ample opportunity to fill out paperwork at home and online. Finally, the procedure itself. While not entirely painless, Dr. Kuang joked with me the entire time and we discussed politics, healthcare policy,
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Luang did an excellent job on my vasectomy and made the whole process relaxing and easy. There was minimal discomfort afterwards. Great job!
Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Kuang made the vasectomy experience quite "painless". His unassuming demeanor and quiet confidence put me at ease for the operation and I found myself surprised at how quickly it was over, and how un-awkward the whole experience was. I won't say that there wasn't some physical discomfort but most of us men wouldn't blink an eye at risking the same amount of pain in sports or outdoor recreation. I'd highly recommend Dr. Kuang and his team.
Long Beach, CA |
Friendly staff, clear instructions, quick vasectomy procedure!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Great experience. Professional care by medical staff. Procedure lasted about 15 min. Recovery took about 72 hours. Dr. Kuang was great.
Albuquerque, NM |
Dr Kuang is very caring, keeps the patient informed and answers all your questions.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Scheduled a vasectomy, easy to make appointment. Office staff were great, friendly and helpful. Dr Kuang was incredibly friendly, responsive and professional. Quick appointment and all went well. Great experience!
Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Kuang made the entire process as easy as possible. Facility was comfortable and clean, and the entire environment and staff took away any worry I may have had. Definitely recommend.
Albuquerque, NM |
I hghly recommend Dr. Kuang. I met him as an ER patient in extreme pain from a kidney stone. He was very reassuring and positive about what could be done. It was easy to relax at this tense time. His sense of humor and exuberance also helped especially in the followup care at his office.
Santa Fe, NM |
Good to work with. Made the procedure as easy, relaxing, and painless as could be expected. Thanks again
in Albuquerque, NM |
Very personable. I have been treated twice for two different issues. And each time has been treated very well.
in Los Lunas, NM |
Dr. Kuang was very down to earth. Explained the no needle/no scalpel vasectomy procedure, was very professional. Listened to any concerns. Didn't treat me as just a patient, but was truly genuine. The procedure was not bad at all & it was virtually painless. The procedure was completely done in about 10 minutes, if even that.
in Las Vegas, NM |
I was terrified of a vascestomy but my wife couldnt do her method I I had to make the tough choice. My Dr. in Las Vegas recommended Dr Kuang because of the no needle, no scalpel method. I had it done yesterday and I feel great today. A pinch is all I felt. It took 15 minutes and during surgery, me and the Dr talked about chess and guitars while I lied on a soft table. It was done in 15 minutes. The staff were great. I am reccomending to everyone I know who is seeking a vascectomy
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It was great meeting you! Chess is such a great way to teach so many life lessons such as how to win and lose graciously and still have a lot of fun! Appreciate your positive energy and Happy New Year!! :)
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr. Kuang has been taking care of me for a couple of years now and in my opinion is a skilled and caring doctor.
Really appreciate your support. Even with all the crazy changes in healthcare, it continues to be a tremendous privilege and honor to take care of our guests especially over many years. Getting to know their families, successes & struggles and to be able to help them medically when they are in need has been a true joy. Thanks for being part of our MD for Men family! Happy New Year!!
Albuquerque, NM |
He was the calming voice my wife and I needed. He and his staff were caring, professional and very up to date with the latest medicine.
Creating the right corporate culture has been a top priority at MD for Men. Being caring, compassionate & professional are attributes that we expect from our staff. Moreover, our team is guided by the simple 4 Agreements (Miguel Ruiz) of Being Impeccable With Our Words, Doing Our Best, Not Making Assumptions & Not Taking Things Personally. Also, our team is here to help our guests "face, embrace & move through" their fears!
Albuquerque, NM |
He may be upbeat and friendly up front but his concern and follow through was an enormous disappointment when problems arose! He didn't even respond to hospital doctors when they tried and tried to reach him when my husband had a serious infection and abnormal swelling after this doctor performed surgery a couple of weeks before my hus and got acutely ill! Finally came. In 4 days later all joking and happy making light of my husband's suffering and deathly experience (ER docs saved him)!
We're glad you posted this. Infections are serious business. It is always a critical part of the pre-operative process so we always discuss this risk & ensure there is a plan for antibiotics. We strive for all of our guests to be safe & satisfied. Due to the issue of privacy laws, we unfortunately cannot respond and resolve the issues with you directly on the Internet. We would like the chance to discuss these matters further with you. Please call 433-4665 x 111. Thank you.
Albuquerque, NM |
He is very detail oriented and asked a lot of questions before making a diagnosis.
We strive to provide a very comprehensive evaluation that includes a combination of a detailed clinical history and state-of-the-art technology such as penis doppler ultrasounds to study the blood flow & penile curvature, in-office prostate ultrasound & biopsies with local anesthetic, computer technology to study bladder function as well as in-office semen analysis. With low testosterone men suffering from osteoporosis, we are excited by a new service of bone densitometry scans!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Very knowledgeable about field of expertise. Good person and caring
Striving to provide the highest level of care, we take Continuing Medical Education very seriously. As a member of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America, the annual meeting allows Dr. Kuang to stay on the cutting edge of the latest developments & therapies for Erectile Dysfunction, Peyronie's, Prostate Health, Testosterone Therapy & the No-Needle No-Scalpel Vasectomy! Call us at 505-433-4665 to make an appointment to see if our docs can help you "Live More!"
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr Kuang has been treating me for 2 years. I've had an obstructive prostate and a neurogenic bladder. He used a green light laser to surgically help me and the results have been great. He is a skilled doctor that inspires confidence and shows he cares. I'm grateful he is my doctor. His staff is superlative.
50 percent of men between 50-60 years of age are having to deal with their enlarged prostates (BPH)! Compared to the old days of "roto-rooter" TURPs, state-of-the-art technology is transforming the lives of so many men. Depending on a man's specific anatomy, Greenlight Lasers in the hospital or in-office 15 minute implant procedures called Urolift help our men pee stronger and sleep longer!
Albuquerque, NM |
The ease of scheduling an appointment. Dr. Kuang is very approachable and answers questions. The procedure was quick and pretty much painless. Office was very professional and everyone answered my questions. I have already recommended two friends to Dr. Kuang.
Whatever service we provide, it has to abide by our MD for Men rules of being "Simple, Safe, Effective & Efficient!" Take "Vasectomy"...A single office visit...A 15 minute procedure...Highly effective birth control...No-Scalpel....No Needle (just an airjet that numbs the tissues up with a spray). Minimally invasive. Maximum recovery. In 2017, look to MD for Men to become a Center of Excellence for the another minimally invasive office procedure for the Prostate called Urolift!!
in Albuquerque, New Mexico |
Great atmosphere in the office and a great bedside manner! Well done sir!!
Creating a comfortable atmosphere continues to be a top priority. Our "Man Cave"/waiting room aims to make healthcare more inviting for men with its Keurig coffee, 5 flat screen TV's playing ESPN, CNN & Red Bull and Pandora music. Without the glove & needle boxes, the consult rooms are comfortable to discuss the most sensitive of issues that need to be overcome for men to become the best version of themselves! Thanks for noticing!!
Have you seen Dr. Wayne Kuang, MD?

Visit Dr. Kuang

• Lovelace Health Plan
  • New Mexico Health Connections
  • Presbyterian Health Plan
    Commercial
    Presbyterian Health Plan, Inc.
    Choice Plus EPO