Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD
Dr. Colizza completed his fellowship in re constructive joint surgery and sports medicine at the Insall Scott Kelly Institute of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in New York. He has completed a preceptorship in Hip Resurfacing with Mr. Derek McMinn in Birmingham, England and is a recipient of the Zimmer - American Orthopedic Association (AOA) Fellows Award receiving national recognition for his research into the replacement of arthritic knees. Dr. Colizza recently stepped down as Chief of the Sports Medicine Service at Morristown Medical Center and as President of the New Jersey Orthopedic Society. He is now the Chief of the Joint Replacement Service at Morristown Medical Center and serves on the Board of Councilors of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.

197 Ridgedale Ave

Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927

Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Colizza Sr

Dr. Colizza specializes in arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder for sports injuries and ligament reconstruction, minimally invasive hip and knee replacement surgery and hip resurfacing. As a former competitor in both rugby football and rowing crew at the national level, Dr. Colizza has a keen understanding of the demands and expectations of the high-caliber athlete.

Dr. Colizza is a caring and competent physician who holds the well-being of his patients in the highest regard. He strives to remain at the forefront of orthopedic knowledge and he is committed to providing his patients with an expertise that is based upon trust, understanding and competence.

Dr. Colizza Sr's Experience

Dr. Colizza Sr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Knee Dislocation
  • Rotator Cuff Tear

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• McGill University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • McGill University / Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Royal Victoria Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • McGill University Health Centre
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Insall, Scott Kelly Inst Ortho & Sports Med-Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Preceptorship With Dr Derek McMinn, Birmingham, England
    Other Education | Completed 2008

• Physician's Recognition Award, 2005
  • Physician's Recognition Award, 2008

Dr. Colizza Sr has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Colizza Sr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Colizza Sr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Colizza Sr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Colizza Sr to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Colizza Sr's Performance
in Whippany, NJ |
Dr. Colizza is an amazing surgeon! He has repaired both of my torn rotator cuffs and biceps tears successfully and with minimal pain. Not only is he the best, he is personable, warm and explains every step of the operation. I highly recommend both Dr. Colizza and his assistant, Rich Wong. I have had many surgeons over the years, and Dr. Colizza by far the best!!
Lake Hiawatha, NJ |
I suffered a crushed right hip due to a home accident, and was rushed to Morristown Memorial Hospital in April, 2016. My orthopedic surgeon did not have privileges at Morristown, so Dr. Colizza stepped in and took my case. I have never met a kinder, more reassuring individual--especially during a medical emergency. Dr Colizza replaced my hip and help me find the best in-patient rehab facility available. I have made a full recovery, which I owe to him.
I have been a patient of Dr. Colizza for six years. He operated on my knee and is currently treating my fractured arm. He is an excellent doctor who always takes the time to explain my condition and what to expect during the healing process. He also always squeezes me into his very busy schedule when I need to see him ASAP (i.e. when broke my knee and then again my arm).
Florida, NY |
Fantastic Dr. He eliminated my chronic pain in my hip rom a shattered femur 12 years ago by replacing my hip. He even made my legs the same length again. Great personality to boot!!!
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Colizza and his assistant Brenda were very accommodating to me when I was in pain and in need of immediate hip surgery. I received excellent care and service and will not hesitate to call his office if I am in need of orthopedic services again.
in Rockaway, NJ |
Great doctor. Good listener. Explains things clearly. I had an arthroscopic partial meniscetomy. The procedure went really well. I had very little post op pain.
in Dover, NJ |
Terrible doctor. Spent maybe a minute with me, moved my arms a few directions, shouted angrily there is nothing wrong with me, angrily demanded to know why was I there. I asked for pt for shoulder injury and he was very upset saying he could not do that as he had no diagnosis. Next doc said immediately that I had strain and ordered PT. Head of rehab facility then diagnosed impingement and tendonitis when symptoms increased. AVOID COLIZZA.
Have you seen Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Are you Dr. Colizza Sr?

Visit Dr. Colizza Sr

Dr. Colizza Sr accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth