Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Colizza Sr

Tri-County Orthopedics

197 Ridgedale Ave Ste 300 Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927

Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Cedar Knolls, NJ and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from McGill University / Faculty of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Colizza Sr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Colizza Sr

4.4

Dr. Colizza Sr?
Dr. Colizza Sr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD
I had 3 procedures with Dr Collizza last one being a tkr and I must admit he is the best surgeon I ever came across highly recommend him and he's also a great guy who cares about his patients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
I love Dr Colizza. He did a great job on my knee replacement and his bed side manner was very reassuring
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Had a labrum repair done in my shoulder by Dr. Colizza. I couldn't be happier as my recovery was very quick and smooth. I was able to get back to working sooner than expected.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
My hip replacement surgery coudnt have gone better. Back on my feet and full speed 2 months later. He and his staff did a great job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
In February of 2018 at the age of 62 I had my right hip resurfaced by Dr. Colizza. I now no longer take any pain medication after 30 years. My severe limp is gone. I can now walk miles without issue and the range of movement in my hip is almost that of a normal individual of my age and I am still improving weekly. My forever thanks to Dr. Colizza, his assistance Santina, and all the wonderful staff at Tri-County.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
The experience at Tri County Orthopedics DR COLIZZA was amazing. from the ease of scheduling, to his surgical scheduler going over the surgery process.. the comfort of Santina his RN APN all questions were explained step by step. The staff at the Sparta location was wonderful. Dr Colizza is a very kind, caring surgeon, who is highly recognized in the orthopedic field. Great experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr. and his associates and staff has been our Orthopedic Doctor and Surgeon for our entire family . Our first experience was with a torn meniscus on our daughter during a soccer game. Dr. Colizza fixed it with microsurgery and had her back in the sport quickly. Our son had a sever ankle sprain and Dr. Colizza fixed that and had him back to the game quickly. He is just fantastic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Dr. Colizza has been my orthopedic surgeon for about 25 years. He has performed numerous surgeries on my knees leading up to both knees having been replaced and most recently a hip replacement. The quality of care given by Dr. Colizza and his PA, Rich Wong, have been exceptional over the years. Their compassion and expertise is second to none! Being a self-employed roofing contractor and an avid sports enthusiast, I was able to rely on Dr. Colizza to get me back up and running quickly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Dr. Colizza is an amazing surgeon! He has repaired both of my torn rotator cuffs and biceps tears successfully and with minimal pain. Not only is he the best, he is personable, warm and explains every step of the operation. I highly recommend both Dr. Colizza and his assistant, Rich Wong. I have had many surgeons over the years, and Dr. Colizza by far the best!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
I suffered a crushed right hip due to a home accident, and was rushed to Morristown Memorial Hospital in April, 2016. My orthopedic surgeon did not have privileges at Morristown, so Dr. Colizza stepped in and took my case. I have never met a kinder, more reassuring individual--especially during a medical emergency. Dr Colizza replaced my hip and help me find the best in-patient rehab facility available. I have made a full recovery, which I owe to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Colizza for six years. He operated on my knee and is currently treating my fractured arm. He is an excellent doctor who always takes the time to explain my condition and what to expect during the healing process. He also always squeezes me into his very busy schedule when I need to see him ASAP (i.e. when broke my knee and then again my arm).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Fantastic Dr. He eliminated my chronic pain in my hip rom a shattered femur 12 years ago by replacing my hip. He even made my legs the same length again. Great personality to boot!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Dr. Colizza and his assistant Brenda were very accommodating to me when I was in pain and in need of immediate hip surgery. I received excellent care and service and will not hesitate to call his office if I am in need of orthopedic services again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Great doctor. Good listener. Explains things clearly. I had an arthroscopic partial meniscetomy. The procedure went really well. I had very little post op pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?
Terrible doctor. Spent maybe a minute with me, moved my arms a few directions, shouted angrily there is nothing wrong with me, angrily demanded to know why was I there. I asked for pt for shoulder injury and he was very upset saying he could not do that as he had no diagnosis. Next doc said immediately that I had strain and ordered PT. Head of rehab facility then diagnosed impingement and tendonitis when symptoms increased. AVOID COLIZZA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Colizza Sr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Colizza Sr?

Dr. Colizza specializes in arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder for sports injuries and ligament reconstruction, minimally invasive hip and knee replacement surgery and hip resurfacing. As a former competitor in both rugby football and rowin...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics
  • Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
  • Sports Medicine

2008
Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Preceptorship with Dr Derek McMinn, Birmingham, England
1993
Insall, Scott Kelly Inst Ortho & Sports Med - Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Fellowship
1992

• French
  • Italian

• Physician's Recognition Award, 2005
  • Physician's Recognition Award, 2008

Dr. Colizza Sr accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Colizza Sr has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(973) 538-2334Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Colizza Sr's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Colizza Sr's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Colizza Sr treats Osteoarthritis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Colizza Sr treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle