Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Wayne Cheng, MD
FACULTY APPOINTMENTS: Clinical Professor Department of Basic Science Loma Linda University, School of Medicine Professor Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Loma Linda University, School of Medicine PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS: Shalin S. Patel MD, Wilson Aruni PhD, Serkan Inceoglu PhD, Gary D. Botimer MD, Wayne K. Cheng MD, Olumide A. Danisa MD. A comparison of staphylococcus aureus biofilm formation on cobalt- chromium and titanium spinal implants. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 31, 219-223. Adeel Husain MD, Yusuf T. Akpolat MD, Daniel K. Palmer BS, David Rios BS, Kevin R. Criswell MA, Wayne K. Cheng MD. A comparison of open versus percutaneous cervical transfacet fixation. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 1-6 YT Akpolat, OA Danisa, WK Cheng. Complication Associated With Pedicle Screw placement Using Cortical Bone Trajectory. Clinical & Experimental Orthopaedics, 2015. 1, 1:2 Benjamin Chen MD, Yusuf T. Akpolat MD, Paul Williams MS, Darren Bergey MD, Wayne K. Cheng MD. Retrospective analysis of survivorship and clinical outcomes after multi-level anterior lumbar reconstruction: Stand-alone ALIF versus hybrid. J Clin Neurosci. 2016 Feb 17. pii: S0967-5868(15)00676-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2015.10.033. Epub ahead of print Cheng WK, Akpolat YT, Patel S, I?nceog?lu S, Danisa OA. Pars/Pedicle Fracture And Screw Loosening Associated With Cortical Bone Trajectory: A Case Series And Proposed Mechanism Through A Cadaveric Study. 2015 Sep 24. pii: S1529-9430(15)01456-4. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2015.09.046. [Epub ahead of print] Akpolat1, S. Inceoglu2, N. Kinne1, D. Hunt1, W. Cheng1. Fatigue Performance of Cortical Bone Trajectory Screw Compared to Standard Trajectory Pedicle Screw. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2015 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print] Shalin S. Patel MD, Wayne K. Cheng MD, Olumide A. Danisa MD. A Case Series Of Early Complications After Instrumentation Of The Lumbar Spine Using Cortical Bone Trajectory Technique. J Clin Neurosci. 2015 Oct 16. pii: S0967-5868(15)00449-X. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2015.07.018. [Epub ahead of print] Wayne K. Cheng MD, Serkan Inceoglu PhD. Cortical and standard trajectory pedicle screw fixation techniques in stabilizing multi-segment lumbar spine with low grade spondylolisthesis. Int J Spine Surg. 2015 Aug 31;9:46. doi: 10.14444/2046. eCollection 2015. Serkan Inceoglu PhD, Justin Chen, Hayden Cale, Bjorn Harboldt, Wayne K. Cheng MD. Unconstrained testing of spine with bi-axial universal testing machine. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials 50,223-227. 2015 Zachary S. Jager MD, Serkan Inceoglu PhD, Daniel Palmer BS, Yusuf T. Akpolat MD, Wayne K. Cheng MD. Preventing Instrumentation Failure in 3-column spinal osteotomy: Biomechanical Analysis of Rod Configuration. Spine Deformity 4 (1), 3-9 Peter Elsissy MD, Yusuf T. Akpolat MD, Alexander Chien MD, Wayne K Cheng MD. MRI evaluation of the knee with non-ferromagnetic external fixators: Cadaveric knee model. J Clin Neurosci. 2015 Aug;22(8):1239-43. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2015.03.004. Epub 2015 Apr 23. Review. Mark Mikhael MD, Jaysson T. Brooks MD, Yusuf T. Akpolat MD, Wayne K. Cheng MD. Rotation effect and anatomic landmark accuracy for midline placement of lumbar artificial disk under fluoroscopy. Published online May 14, 2015, Eur Spine Journal, 1-5. Jonathan Allen MD, Yusuf T. Akpolat MD, Shyam Kishan MD, Tim Peppers MD, Farbod Asgarzadie MD, Wayne Cheng, MD. Comparison between gearshift and drill techniques for pedicle screw placement by resident surgeons. Int J Spine Surg. 2015 Jun 11;9:23. doi: 10.14444/2023. eCollection 2015.

Professional Plaza

25455 Barton Rd Ste 102B

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Delta Health System
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Molina Healthcare
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Cheng

My father struggled with his neck and back for years.  As a patient's son, Dad's experience opened my eyes to how a patient feel.

I enjoy the spine and consider myself blessed to be able to stay at the cutting edge of spine surgery.

I pray that God will utilize me as a vessel to take care of his patients.

Dr. Cheng's Experience

Dr. Cheng's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for California.

• Loma Linda University
  • Los Angeles County Martin Luther King Jr General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Duke Univ Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Cheng has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Cheng's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cheng to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Cheng's Performance
in Hesperia, CA |
Dr. Cheng is so caring and consern to his patient. He operated on my back and he put my welfare first making sure how i felt. I tell everyone about him and if they need a back doctor I tell them go to him. He will take care of them.
in NEWBERRY SPRINGS CALIFORNIA |
He lied to me and he crippled me! I was in better shape before he did surgery on me. I almost died, maybe I did?, during surgery because my blood pressure dropped very low. He never came to check on me in the hospital. After that long extensive surgery with my blood pressure still way too low, he released me after only 2 days!!! I was half dead! I can't have all the steel removed because my spine isn't strong enough anymore. If you're planning to go to this doctor, you better run 4 your life!!!
Apple Valley, CA |
We adore Dr. Cheng and his staff. He is always punctual and the staff are the best. They remember my father and are always welcoming and helpful.
in Redlands, CA |
I have been Dr. Cheng's patient since 2002 and know personally as to his qualifications, knowledge and especially his personal relationship with each of his patients. When there is even the slightest concern he takes the time to personally investigate all possibilities no matter the day or time in that day. Please be assured he is here to serve you individually and our community.
in Ontario, CA |
We had omly a few visits with Dr. Chang, however, he was very good at explaining things. I'm hopeful he will help she'd some light on my future.
in Riverside, CA |
He is an excellent provider, and I feel confident with our discussions. His staff is friendly and the office is very welcoming.
in Perris, CA |
He is a caring Physician
in San Bernardino |
Dr. Cheng not only has excellent patient care, but discussed every thing with me and provided me with incredible service. His staff went above and beyond in getting me in on unscheduled visits when I did not feel right. Thanks to Dr. Cheng I've been able to continue my career of a pipe fitter, as if nothing ever happened. All the while having a prosthetic disc in my back. It's been 10 years now, and I owe a tremendous amount of gratitude to Dr Cheng and his staff. Thank you so much Dr. Cheng,
in san jacinto, ca |
Dr. Chang was excellent I was a patient since 2011. Since then he has gone out of his was to provide me the best care. I would not go anywhere else when he left loma linda we followed he also accommodated me by getting my insurance in network with him. His knowledge, skills, and bedside manner make him a great caring doctor.
Yucaipa, CA |
Dr. Cheng was attentive, LISTENED TO ME, explained each step of the exam, spent more than enough time with me, and gave options and reasons why different treatments should be explored. He was easy to talk to and open with his diagnosis. He took the time to show me what I was looking at in an MRI and what to look for. I wish I would have found him 20 years ago.
Have you seen Dr. Wayne Cheng, MD?
Are you Dr. Cheng?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at St. Bernardine Medical Center

Visit Dr. Cheng

Dr. Cheng accepts 15 insurance carriers
    CaliforniaCare HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
  • Delta Health System
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA