Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD

Colorectal Surgery ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Ambroze Jr

Georgia Colon & Rectal Surgical Associates

5445 Meridian Mark Rd Ste 180 Atlanta, GA 30303

Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in colorectal surgery and general surgery.

Dr. Ambroze Jr accepts

Dr. Ambroze Jr accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Choice HMO
Blue Choice Option POS
Blue Open Access POS
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Ambroze Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ambroze Jr treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Intestinal Obstruction

Dr. Ambroze Jr treats Intestinal Obstruction more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Ambroze Jr treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Colonic Volvulus

• Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula

3.1

Dr. Ambroze Jr?
Dr. Ambroze Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD
After coming to see him regarding gastrointestinal issues, to date, Dr. Ambroze turned out to be one of the most professional and thorough physicians around. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
Dr. Ambroze performed emergency surgery on my colon in 2016 and did an excellent job. He performed my colonoscopy in Nov 2018 and also did an excellent job. The team that assisted with this procedure were very professional. I found the entire experience to be fast, friendly and as thorough as it could possibly be. Very high marks for the DR and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
Recommended by my doctor. I had every confidence in Dr. Ambroze. Excellent outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
The question you need to ask yourself is, "What is the level of care if I experience complications?" From the day after my surgery and for close to 2 years after I experienced an unusual amount of pain. He took little time to listen to my concern, was quick to dismiss it, said there wasn't anything he could do and referred me to a pain service. I found Dr. Ambroze to be arrogant, condescending and self absorbed. It has taken ME 2 years to diagnose something he should have seen and considered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
There are not enough stars to truly rate Dr. Ambroze!! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who would seek the very best physician possible. Dr. Ambroze cared for my daughter and without his expertise and care......well....I dare not say what her condition would be. We are beyond satisfied with the level of care and the skill Dr. Ambroze possesses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
Dr. Ambroze is the best doctor we have ever seen. He is so positive and caring, and every time we see him we feel that everything is going to be alright. He performed a life-saving surgery on my fiance and we don't know how to thank him enough. I would highly recommend Dr. Wayne Ambroze. We were so lucky to have him referred to us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
Such a jerk! I was nervous to have him "check things out." (I'm a female in my young 20's.) He just stood there blank faced and told me he has to or I need to leave! He undercut my dire pain and agony by saying on a scale of 1-2 mine was a "mild 2." No sympathy at all. Needless to say I ran out of there. The nurses were a different story and deserve 5 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
No I will not recommend it. I have never seen an office staffs so disorganised, no email , only one number to reach everyone. Except for appointment, it is impossible to reach anyone, need to leave voice mail. They don't let you know if you are missing or if you need a paper, even the result of the biopsy I needed to ask after a month You would think that with all the bad reviews they get, they will try to change things, to be more available to patients who are also the one who pay their salary
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
I've never seen him as a patient I just know him from my working in radiology and meeting him years ago and he was a fantastic surgeon I highly recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
Worst Dr I have ever met.He actually stood at my bedside with arms folded and kept smirking and laughing.He told me my colon was about to burst,but needed to understand the surgery I had when I was 15 years old..35 years ago.He must have said I just don't understand 10 times and laughed.I kicked him out of my hospital room.Any nurse I spoke to in the hospital agreed that he has the worst ,oddest bedside manner.Dr Gi N Yu is an amazing surgeon with a wonderful bedside manor.She saved my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
Dr. Ambroze had no time to talk to the patient or to the family after surgery. He was always in a hurry. We literally needed to block the door to get any questions answered. He came into the room post surgery without saying hello, started poking and prodding without any prior conversation, then left after 2 minutes. He may be a good surgeon but his bedside manner is atrocious!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?
Dr Ambroze was excellent. He performed a difficult surgery and I am very happy and trusting of his decisions and knowledge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Wayne Ambroze Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ambroze Jr?

• Colorectal Surgery

1990
1988
1984
1983

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ambroze Jr treats patients.